Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Test & Go Application Process changes

Test & Go Application Process changes

Old Feb 10, 22, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Plat
Just to confirm, the PCR test is 72 hours before flight departure time, *not* 72 hours before arrival time, correct?
Old Feb 10, 22, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by Martellus View Post
Just to confirm, the PCR test is 72 hours before flight departure time, *not* 72 hours before arrival time, correct?
Yes, I believe so that was the premise I went with. My PCR test place usually will get it back to you in less than 24 hours. So I took the test the morning of the 9th for a 10th departure. But when arriving if they give you any problems explain to them you got the test 72 hours before your flight departure. Since my test results were taken the 9th US time, but I'll be arriving the 12th into Thailand, if they give me any problems I will explain it has only been 48 hours since my test.
Old Feb 10, 22, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Martellus View Post
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Yes, I believe so that was the premise I went with. My PCR test place usually will get it back to you in less than 24 hours. So I took the test the morning of the 9th for a 10th departure. But when arriving if they give you any problems explain to them you got the test 72 hours before your flight departure. Since my test results were taken the 9th US time, but I'll be arriving the 12th into Thailand, if they give me any problems I will explain it has only been 48 hours since my test.
It's a little strange to me how they want it, but the results should be issued no more than 72 hours prior. The collection of the sample can be more than 72 hours, which is odd, but the date of the result should be no more than 72 hours of your initial flight, not 72 hours prior to entry into Thailand. You shouldn't have any issues entering.
Old Feb 10, 22, 3:25 pm

At the airport now and just letting everyone know that Qatar airways wanted an actual printed physical copy of the Thai Test and Go QR code. Now I’m waiting to get it printed.
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
just entered 4. time into Thailand since March 2020
much more arriving passengers now, but nevertheless was in the car within 25 minutes...(despite TG911 from London landed 5 minutes earlier than us)
they checked basically only Thailand Pass QR code and PCR test, no other documents
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
much more arriving passengers now, but nevertheless was in the car within 25 minutes...(despite TG911 from London landed 5 minutes earlier than us)
they checked basically only Thailand Pass QR code and PCR test, no other documents
Did it have it be printed, or would they let you show your phone?
Old Feb 10, 22, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
Welcome home! Glad to hear it was a quick process
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:04 pm

Both had to be printed when I went through about a month ago.
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
sorry that I did not try to show it on my phone...so used to paper in thailand...actually everybody had a folder of printed documents....
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 7:54 pm

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion View Post
Both had to be printed when I went through about a month ago.
They do indeed love paper - best advice is to print all documentation, as the airline staff at check-in will want to see everything too.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 10, 22, 8:55 pm

Qatar airways said only the Thai pass has to be printed at immigration. I will print everything, hotel, insurance, negative PCR, and whatever else at the business center in Doha on my layover just to be safe.
Old Feb 10, 22, 10:23 pm

Qatar airways said only the Thai pass has to be printed at immigration. I will print everything, hotel, insurance, negative PCR, and whatever else at the business center in Doha on my layover just to be safe.
At immigration, likely that is the case yes - if I remember correctly they only bothered about ThailandPass and maybe the hotel reservation.
Qatar Airways on the other hand demanded to see everything in writing upon check-in ..
Old Feb 10, 22, 10:53 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
2 weeks ago I transited at Doha and showed on my phone Thailand Pass, Test Result and Hotel Booking. Previous month on the same flight I did not have to show anything.

I was informed by staff at the gate that they had been instructed by authorities in Thailand to check all required documents carefully. As I waited for the bus to take BC passengers on a tour of the airport about 5% of passengers were turned away for further checking by a supervisor. All were eventually allowed to board but there were a lot of confused and worried faces. it would be better if airlines informed passengers what is required and in which format.

For arrival in Thailand I always print all required documents. In my opinion it is easier and quicker for staff to read. Having said that I have always shown my vaccination certificate on Morprom without any problem.
LIH Prem, NWplatinum and SKT-DK like this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by maerim View Post

For arrival in Thailand I always print all required documents. In my opinion it is easier and quicker for staff to read. Having said that I have always shown my vaccination certificate on Morprom without any problem.
Completely agree - Mor Phrom works for vaccine certificate on the Thai side of things. Actually I just made a print-out of mine to show to the check-in staff for simplicity's sake, which in hindsight was the right way to go.
Old Feb 11, 22, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion View Post
It's a little strange to me how they want it, but the results should be issued no more than 72 hours prior. The collection of the sample can be more than 72 hours, which is odd, but the date of the result should be no more than 72 hours of your initial flight, not 72 hours prior to entry into Thailand. You shouldn't have any issues entering.
I would like to second this. The results should be issued no more than 72 hours from the initial flight to Thailand. I have never had any problems with this. 😊

Search this Thread