Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by petter2
Rejected for the second time even though it hasn't even been 30 hours.. This is turning into a full time job.. Seems like Conrad Bangkok didn't book the PCR test
Conrad did not confirm your reservation in the TP system within 30 hours? Strange that such a high end hotel makes such mistakes!
Did you tell them after you submitted your application?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
BinSabai, can I get points on my stay in a Novotel in the test and go day One stay?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davvidd
BinSabai, can I get points on my stay in a Novotel in the test and go day One stay?
Accor hotels are very inconsistent regarding credit points and nights for quarantine, test & go and sandbox; please note that there are more than half a dozen of Novotels alone in Bangkok.
The one at the airport credits points, some other not. You would have to ask yours...it is even negotiable...
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
zone?
it seemed all to be cramped between door 9 and 10...better just ask around and they will tell you where to find the agent of your hotel
I was told by my hotel to go to counter 4 in the arrivals hall. Then I went up to them and they had my name and hotel in a folder. They then called a taxi and she had to take a picture of me getting into the taxi lol
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Recommended several times here that you reserve and purchase T&G rez directly with the hotel and not through any third party web site.

That said, use whatever sites you want to research prices.

-David
I did some research and I don't see a massive difference in price when using the asq.in.th website, most of them are around 8500/9000 THB for two nights.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I was told by my hotel to go to counter 4 in the arrivals hall. Then I went up to them and they had my name and hotel in a folder. They then called a taxi and she had to take a picture of me getting into the taxi lol
I just made my reservation, and was advised to look for their representative at door 5.

I have noticed several times getting my photo taken as I entered taxi, arrived hotel, etc.
Never knew I was so photogenic. Haha.

Guess "proof" that a certain part of their job is being completed and / or COVID rules are being carried out.

Last edited by goodeats21; Feb 13, 2022 at 9:19 am
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Accor hotels are very inconsistent regarding credit points and nights for quarantine, test & go and sandbox; please note that there are more than half a dozen of Novotels alone in Bangkok.
The one at the airport credits points, some other not. You would have to ask yours...it is even negotiable...
I have not even got a reply from the one on Sukhumvit 20. I will try when I get there.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Yes, the Novotel Suvarnabhumi credited me night and points for a Test & Go stay. 😊
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just a data point:

Applied for Thai Pass today (Sunday) at 9AM (East Coast time, USA). Approval and Thai Pass received via email 12 hours later.
Travel is in ~2 weeks.

Easy.
LIH Prem, restlessinRNO and zzap like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Question, if I travel to BKK on AUG 13 and arrive on AUG 14 at 0830 AM then what is considered as my 5th day? Will it be august 19th?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Granite64
Question, if I travel to BKK on AUG 13 and arrive on AUG 14 at 0830 AM then what is considered as my 5th day? Will it be august 19th?
18. will be your 5. day
Granite64 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:40 pm

I tested positive after landing in BKK yesterday under the Test & Go scheme. I've managed to stay in my original hotel last night pending a second test (no symptoms).

My understanding is that at this point my only options are isolation at a hospital or hospital-affiliated 'hospitel'.

So far, I've seen the Midtown hotel under Bangkok hospital, or Thai Sun & Maduzi under BNH.

Is there any 5 star hotel? Ideally one with balconies in the room...
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
I tested positive after landing in BKK yesterday under the Test & Go scheme. I've managed to stay in my original hotel last night pending a second test (no symptoms).

My understanding is that at this point my only options are isolation at a hospital or hospital-affiliated 'hospitel'.

So far, I've seen the Midtown hotel under Bangkok hospital, or Thai Sun & Maduzi under BNH.

Is there any 5 star hotel? Ideally one with balconies in the room...
my heartiest condolence!
there is a list of hospitels, few are 5 stars
List of Hospitels for COVID-19 Patients in Thailand (pacificprime.co.th)
but I am not sure, whether there is a free choice or you depend on the mercy of the partner hospital of your test & go hotel...

please share your experience with us!
NWplatinum and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

here another list
Hospitels in Thailand: Hotels for COVID-19 Patients | THAIest
I guess at least Pullman Grande (the one at Sukhumvit, not the one at Silom) and Anantara Riverside qualify as 5 star; the latter has balconies as far as I know
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:57 pm

here another list
Hospitels in Thailand: Hotels for COVID-19 Patients | THAIest
I guess at least Pullman Grande (the one at Sukhumvit, not the one at Silom) and Anantara Riverside qualify as 5 star; the latter has balconies as far as I know
Thank you. Thankfully, I'm feeling OK.

I've called both the Anantara hotel and their sponsor hospital (Bumrungrand) and they don't accept positive patients anymore. A pity, because they have beautiful riverside balconies....

The Pullman doesn't seem all that great - leaning towards the Ambassador hotel where I have a connection and will get personal attention...

It seems that Pacific Prime link is outdated - I've called a bunch of hotels on it and they all said they no longer do it. The American embassy was no help either.

I tested positive yesterday morning, but bc I'm asymptomatic, I've gotten an extension to stay in my original hotel room and was taken in a special van to do another test in a hospital. I am told the results will be ready in 4-6 hours, and if it comes back positive prior to 4pm I will have to go to hotel/hospitel today, but after 4pm I can go tomorrow as the restaurant will already be closed for tonight and I can't be expected to stay hungry...
LIH Prem and BinSabai like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.