Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Test & Go Application Process changes

Test & Go Application Process changes

Old Feb 4, 22, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 4, 22, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..
good luck!
currently there seem to be quite some queue and waiting time...
Old Feb 4, 22, 3:18 pm

I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.
Old Feb 4, 22, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by plain View Post
I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.
Could you tell us the steps you did? Did you contact the hotel first? What did you have to do with the hotel? Then you used the government website? Was there a problem with any of your documents?
Old Feb 4, 22, 4:50 pm

First I made a booking directly with a hotel for a "Test&Go 1st and 5th day package" which includes all the required tests, transports etc. I paid that and got receipt and details letter from the hotel to my email.
Then I went to Thailand Pass Test&Go site, followed the wizard and entered all documents.
Only thing I was nervous about was the covid vaccination pass as here we can't get QR for 1st shot or 2nd shot after we have had the 3rd shot. So I put the same QR (3 shots) on all three options (with corrrect dates of each vaccinations).

Then I waited, contacted hotel to confirm they have sent the approval to Department of Disease Control (DDC). Waited some more and received email that I was approved. So I think I followed the protocol and it worked, took some time but my departure is on 7th so it's ok.

I didn't have any problems with documents. I took a photo of passport with my mobile and used that. Everything else was in PDF from where I made JPG with Windows Snipping Tool. Just make sure everything is clear (100% zoom on PDF). My insurance is normal travel insurance I have had for long time, proof was a letter (in English) from the company, I didn't use AXA or other special Thai insurance.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 5, 22, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plain View Post
good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...
Old Feb 5, 22, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Test & Slow

Test & Slow

Tourism industry is not happy with current complicate entry system
Test & Go 'cumbersome', says hotel tycoon (bangkokpost.com)
Old Feb 5, 22, 4:57 am
Original Poster

I just got mine approved for test & go. Submitted 2 hours after reopening, it took 4 days and 6 hours (in opposite to 4 hours and 19 minutes last time)
plain likes this.
Old Feb 5, 22, 7:07 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...
That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)
Old Feb 5, 22, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwm818 View Post
That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)
same as me
submitted on the first, 2 hours after reopening, flying on 10. and just got QR code around 4 hours ago; guess you will get is within the weekend as well...
Old Feb 6, 22, 6:49 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
My approval arrived this morning...yay!
goodeats21, BinSabai and plain like this.
Old Feb 7, 22, 3:25 am

Where is the best place to check the status of your application? Im still waiting several days now despite getting confirmation from the hotel and providing all documents. It also says my information cannot be found but I mightve clicked the wrong link.

where do you go to see your status? Thank you
Old Feb 7, 22, 4:05 am
formerly dav662

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Are all the test and Go hotels for 24 hours? What happens if your flight arrives in the morning? Do they charge you for two days if you have to check in before 12 noon? The Novotel at the Airport says they have flexi hours and it is 24 hours. So if you check in the morning then you can stay till the next morning. None of the other hotels I have been looking says that.
Old Feb 7, 22, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci - Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Davvidd View Post
Are all the test and Go hotels for 24 hours? What happens if your flight arrives in the morning? Do they charge you for two days if you have to check in before 12 noon? The Novotel at the Airport says they have flexi hours and it is 24 hours. So if you check in the morning then you can stay till the next morning. None of the other hotels I have been looking says that.
You will get charged for one nights stay. After your test result comes in, you are free to go.
Old Feb 7, 22, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd View Post
My flight arrived at 7:00am and check in around 8:30am, got my result next morning at 10:00am, I was only charged for 1 night.

If the flight comes in at midnight and check in around 2-3am, I guess the hotel will charge for 1 extra night.

Search this Thread