Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Test & Go Application Process changes

Test & Go Application Process changes

Old Feb 3, 22, 10:52 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 35
Well mine is still on "Reviewing" so at least it's not denied on 24/30 hour mark. Let's see how this goes.
plain is offline  
Old Feb 3, 22, 10:59 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Thai Airways
Posts: 261
I don't see any information to suggest that the hotel did not 'register' you. The hotel is close to where I live and it has been approved to accept arrivals to Thailand during COVID for at least a year. I have seen many people arrive at the hotel over this period when running, walking, driving past the hotel and I would be surprised if the hotel manager and staff did not know what documents are required. If you have not called suggest to do so.
maerim is offline  
Old Feb 3, 22, 11:42 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 2,963
Does the hotel need to register you?
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 12:26 am
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Does the hotel need to register you?
after you submit your application in the Thailand Pass system, the hotel gets your data and it has a time window (24 or 30 hours) to confirm your reservation in the system.
In your case, this has obviously not been done; so you need to contact the hotel...
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 1:22 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Thai Airways
Posts: 261
On my return home I stopped at the hotel and went to reception. Spoke to 2 ladies on a general nature. The most senior one assured me that this hotel had not rejected any applications. It could be that the booking news made with Agoda; in this case I don't know what the procedure is for checking and I did not ask the staff.

Easies thing is as I said call the hotel and I am sure they would be helpful.
maerim is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 2:36 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 2,963
Apparently when you book with a third party like Expedia or Orbitz, it won’t show your reservation in their system. So make sure you call the hotel or message them before you fill out the form for “test and go.”
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 3:16 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Programs: Qantas
Posts: 70
Here is a q: I am currently planning a SE Asia trip in June. Considering Phuket as spent two great weeks there in June a few years back.

On the pre-payment of the SHA++ approved hotel, would a flexible / book now pay later booking for days 1 and 5 satisfy the requirement? I'm trying to build in maximum flexibility in case the situation changes between now and June.
hannadanna is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 3:19 am
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by hannadanna View Post
Here is a q: I am currently planning a SE Asia trip in June. Considering Phuket as spent two great weeks there in June a few years back.

On the pre-payment of the SHA+ approved hotel, would a flexible / book now pay later booking for days 1 and 5 satisfy the requirement? I'm trying to build in maximum flexibility in case the situation changes between now and June.
there are hotels, who just require a deposit (though not refundable) and write "PAID" on their confirmation
the other alternative is to wait with the application until May as things may anyway change until then...
hannadanna likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 5:49 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 35
I got this from my hotel:

> Kindly be informed that our SHA+ Manger has approved your booking. After
> hotel approval, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) will verify your
> Certificate of Vaccination and the Thailand Pass QR Code will be sent to you
> via email within 7 days upon approval. If the DDC reject any incomplete or
> non-compliance documentation, and a notification email will be sent within 7
> days.

So I keep waiting.
plain is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 5:58 am
  #25  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by plain View Post
I got this from my hotel:

> Kindly be informed that our SHA+ Manger has approved your booking. After
> hotel approval, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) will verify your
> Certificate of Vaccination and the Thailand Pass QR Code will be sent to you
> via email within 7 days upon approval. If the DDC reject any incomplete or
> non-compliance documentation, and a notification email will be sent within 7
> days.

So I keep waiting.
SHA+ Manger....with kettle or pets?
such notification does not seem to be standard, but it's nice...
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 6:23 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,230
This system will really work out well
tr3k is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 7:19 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Posts: 2,963
Yeah… oops I missed a step. Make sure you call and pay the hotel the extra 3500-4000THB BEFORE filing out the test and go form with the government

Will it be a problem at the hotel if my flight is arriving from Doha at 6am? I am happy to pay them extra for early check in too, if I have to. Also I’ve been taking screenshots with my phone to provide things like my passport, travel insurance etc…Is that acceptable?
NWplatinum is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 8:32 am
  #28  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
Yeah… oops I missed a step. Make sure you call and pay the hotel the extra 3500-4000THB BEFORE filing out the test and go form with the government

Will it be a problem at the hotel if my flight is arriving from Doha at 6am? I am happy to pay them extra for early check in too, if I have to. Also I’ve been taking screenshots with my phone to provide things like my passport, travel insurance etc…Is that acceptable?
no extra charge for early check in...I arrive 0500...
screenshots are acceptable as long as they can be read...
NWplatinum likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 4, 22, 10:15 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,487
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
no extra charge for early check in...I arrive 0500...
screenshots are acceptable as long as they can be read...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some hotels DO charge for early check-in or require a payment of the previous night?
Schwann is online now  
Old Feb 4, 22, 10:52 am
  #30  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some hotels DO charge for early check-in or require a payment of the previous night?
I do not know about all hotels...on the other hand it also should not take 24 hours to deliver the result of the test...
BinSabai is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread