Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
I bought my day 1&5 package last week and also received my TP, I wonder how fast they will implement the new rules so I can get my money back for the 5th day/night.
It’s not 100% clear yet how they will handle the transition. It depends on your date of arrival, if you can cancel your ‘day 5 package’ now or if you should wait. If you will arrive later than around March 7 or 8, then you should contact your hotel now and request to cancel the ‘day 5 package’.

There is a risk that you need to apply for a new Thailand Pass for technical reasons. It’s not sure, when they will change the procedure to apply for a Thailand Pass - or when they remove the day 5 requirement from https://tp.consular.go.th. Could be March 1, could be sooner.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by thbe
It’s not 100% clear yet how they will handle the transition. It depends on your date of arrival, if you can cancel your ‘day 5 package’ now or if you should wait. If you will arrive later than around March 7 or 8, then you should contact your hotel now and request to cancel the ‘day 5 package’.

There is a risk that you need to apply for a new Thailand Pass for technical reasons. It’s not sure, when they will change the procedure to apply for a Thailand Pass - or when they remove the day 5 requirement from https://tp.consular.go.th. Could be March 1, could be sooner.
I will be arriving on March 8, I will contact my hotel today.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by thbe

they say, that you can apply for the new Test & Go Thailand Pass (with an ATK instead of a second PCR) from March 1. Guess there will be a long queue again like on 1. Feb (it took over 5 days until I got mine approved)...
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
they say, that you can apply for the new Test & Go Thailand Pass (with an ATK instead of a second PCR) from March 1. Guess there will be a long queue again like on 1. Feb (it took over 5 days until I got mine approved)...
I guess it depends on your QR code, when I applied for my TP back in November it was approved in 10 seconds because I am a EU resident and the European Union shares their QR code system (I dont k now how to describe it) with the Thai authorities and vice versa.
I'm not sure if it still is an automated process .. because when I applied for my TP last week it took around 24 hours.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:38 am
Original Poster

I guess it depends on your QR code, when I applied for my TP back in November it was approved in 10 seconds because I am a EU resident and the European Union shares their QR code system (I dont k now how to describe it) with the Thai authorities and vice versa.
I'm not sure if it still is an automated process .. because when I applied for my TP last week it took around 24 hours.
the 10 seconds return will not happen anymore as now the hotels are involved and need to confirm in the system after your application, that the reservation is genuine...
I also had compatible QR codes for my vaccination uploaded and a lot of other people reported even longer turnaround times during the first 10 days in February
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
I am due to take my day 5 test on 1st of March.. Hopefully I can switch to lateral flow
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petter2
I am due to take my day 5 test on 1st of March.. Hopefully I can switch to lateral flow
unfortunately unlikely
it looks like application for the new Test & Go scheme with 1 PCR and 1 ATK can only be done from 1. March with arrival from 7. March...
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I bought my day 1&5 package last week and also received my TP, I wonder how fast they will implement the new rules so I can get my money back for the 5th day/night.
Originally Posted by petter2
I am due to take mine on March 4. Seems we are going to be the unlucky ones.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
unfortunately unlikely
it looks like application for the new Test & Go scheme with 1 PCR and 1 ATK can only be done from 1. March with arrival from 7. March...
Bummer. Figured I was going to get caught up in this....
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
All this is so complicated. If I could do it over I’d just go to Cambodia
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
All this is so complicated. If I could do it over I’d just go to Cambodia
Not too bad being able to enter the country after jumping through some hoops, considering many countries in the region have more restrictions if they even allow entry at all. Thailand Pass is far less complicated than applying for the STV visa a year ago. Cambodia isn't comparable to Thailand at all, IMO.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:47 am

Well I tested positive today (I feel fine) so I have to cancel my plans for march 8. Anyone in here who recently traveled to Thailand with a recovery certificate? How did it go?

And.. do I still have to do the 1 day quarantine? I mean, does it make sense to do the 1 day in quarantine if I recently recovered from COVID, because a test will be positive for sure.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:39 am

I don't think Thailand recognizes recovery certificates at all.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Well I tested positive today (I feel fine) so I have to cancel my plans for march 8. Anyone in here who recently traveled to Thailand with a recovery certificate? How did it go?

And.. do I still have to do the 1 day quarantine? I mean, does it make sense to do the 1 day in quarantine if I recently recovered from COVID, because a test will be positive for sure.
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Yes, I think it's fair to say that there is nothing official written down that Thailand recognise recovery certificates. The only policy is that if you test positive, and there are several reports that the Thai PCR test is more sensitive, then you are at risk of being entertained at a hospital or hotel-hospital for at least 10 days. There are unsubstantiated reports on the forum that there might be reports on Facebook of some instances of recovery certificates being taken into consideration, but there definitely nothing official and no first hand reports in this forum as far as I remember.

For example around post 1274 in Thailand opening up in November [merged thread]
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
there are many reports on reddit of them being accepted AND it is stated on the Thai Pass application:"If RT-PCR result is positive or detected then a recovery certificate or proof of covid recovery for at least 14 days before travelling but less than 90 days from the first date of detection is required"
LIH Prem and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by estnet
there are many reports on reddit of them being accepted AND it is stated on the Thai Pass application:"If RT-PCR result is positive or detected then a recovery certificate or proof of covid recovery for at least 14 days before travelling but less than 90 days from the first date of detection is required"
Ah ok, that's more definite than anything I think has been shared in the forum so far. Thanks for sharing!
Granite64 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.