Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I went through the steps to apply for the insurance and, once it is declared that you are entering on a non-imm "O" visa, you are not eligible for the tourist insurance. The insurance that is offered is age limited.

Go to the insurance site referenced above and try it for yourself.

This is a big issue right now for elderly retirees and we have yet to find a solution.
As said already, I have been right through to the payment stage with a declared Date of Birth in 1937 and it works fine. The only section where you declare non-imm "O" visa or similar is in Step 1 (pic attached) but that is just them trying to sell you something in the future. Acknowledge the pop up and move on.

Once again, Thai Pass has no idea what visa you will enter on so it's impossible to be refused or accepted for it based on visa type. The insurance certificate available when purchasing this product will get you a Thai Pass as long as you meet the other Thai Pass requirements.

Edit: I've just been through the application on the insurer recommended on Thai Pass site that does up to 85 years old and it too can be taken right up to the payment page.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: Some
Extremely quick turnaround for me when I was worrying I might not get the approval back in time. Submitted my form for Wednesday last night but made sure I meticulously included all details and got the approval this morning about 10 hours later.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
As said already, I have been right through to the payment stage with a declared Date of Birth in 1937 and it works fine. The only section where you declare non-imm "O" visa or similar is in Step 1 (pic attached) but that is just them trying to sell you something in the future. Acknowledge the pop up and move on.

Once again, Thai Pass has no idea what visa you will enter on so it's impossible to be refused or accepted for it based on visa type. The insurance certificate available when purchasing this product will get you a Thai Pass as long as you meet the other Thai Pass requirements.

Edit: I've just been through the application on the insurer recommended on Thai Pass site that does up to 85 years old and it too can be taken right up to the payment page.
"The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand."

They will only insure for 30-days.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
"The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand."

They will only insure for 30-days.
Already covered. 30 days is being accepted for Thailand Pass and has been accepted for at least 6 months back when it was Certificate of Entry. Looks like the other one mentioned upthread is substantially cheaper FWIW, and they're the only two offered for that age group by this agent. Use the age filter at the top of this page to verify and also note the wording:
The following COVID-19 Insurance Plans coverage meet the 20,000 USD coverage requirement to enter Thailand. Please note that only policies with over 100,000 USD coverage may meet the visa requirement for OA, and STV visas.

The following packages are all acceptable for Thailand Pass applications.
The reference to other visas is likely the requirement you already mentioned but is not applicable in your case.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance
Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:57 pm

I don't know about now, but in the past, they were only stamping people in for the length of their insurance policies or length of their visa, whichever was less. Are they still doing that? Also, that's pretty pricey insurance for a 30 day covid policy.

You might try posting elsewhere to see what other retirees are doing.

-David
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
So do I rebook the first hotel night? No more RT-PCR required after May 1

So I booked a trip in May via BKK back in March. I completed the Thailand Pass process with insurance, Test & Go hotel SHA++ hotel package with PCR for 1 night and booked a second night separately as "just" a hotel night.
Now that the RT-PCR / isolation until results requirement is being dropped as of May 1, should I just cancel the first night and rebook as another "ordinary" hotel night?
I wrote an email to the Test & Go email address but have not heard back yet.
I'd like to assume that they will accept the current QR code / Thailand Pass with insurance and let me cancel the hotel Test & Go package / rebook the hotel to just regular night rates without question.
Anyone have an insight?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I don't know about now, but in the past, they were only stamping people in for the length of their insurance policies or length of their visa, whichever was less. Are they still doing that? Also, that's pretty pricey insurance for a 30 day covid policy.
You'll get the full length of your visa, or extension of stay stamp or whatever with 30 days insurance. Hundreds if not thousands have already done it.

The original insurance is indeed pricey, perhaps because it had to cover everyone up to 99 years for one price. The other ones are much more reasonabe including the one that goes up to 85 years old.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Look at the tp page. It says people with prior approval don't need to apply for new qr code. And yes you no longer need the test and go package, just insurance and vax after May 1.

Originally Posted by flyzabit
So I booked a trip in May via BKK back in March. I completed the Thailand Pass process with insurance, Test & Go hotel SHA++ hotel package with PCR for 1 night and booked a second night separately as "just" a hotel night.
Now that the RT-PCR / isolation until results requirement is being dropped as of May 1, should I just cancel the first night and rebook as another "ordinary" hotel night?
I'd like to assume that they will accept the current QR code / Thailand Pass with insurance and let me cancel the hotel Test & Go package / rebook the hotel to just regular night rates without question.
Anyone have an insight?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by flyzabit
Anyone have an insight?
My hotel proactively contacted me and asked what I wanted to do. I could cancel the entire booking for a refund. Or keep the parts of the booking I wanted eg the room and the airport transfer but no PCR test and get hotel credit for the cancelled services. As I am staying at the hotel anyway I kept the booking and will get the credit for the not required test
SKT-DK, LETTERBOY and Cthunder86 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:36 pm

There's lots of places besides TGIA to look for insurance, including a broker that sells entry insurance online at https://misterprakan.com
the long term stay insurance I looked at was up to age 99, and a lot cheaper than TGIA.

-David
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:07 am

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier or TP web site,
but if one arriving at BKK very late on April 29 (say at 2300) and
wait until midnight to proceed to the immigration. Can this qualify for the new rules of Thailand Pass ?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ichigen
wait until midnight to proceed to the immigration. Can this qualify for the new rules of Thailand Pass ?
You'll have to satisfy the airline most likely.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ichigen
No, because the airline will look at the rules based on what IATA says AND the rules don't change on April 30, they change on May 1.
ichigen likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:55 am

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this. If it is not, I apologize, and would appreciate if someone could point me into the right direction...

We want to come visit Thailand next week, under the new rules. I've seen quite a few posts in this thread about difficulties with insurance... it seems to me that the absolute rock-bottom cheapest price is WorldTrips Atlas International, as they could supposedly cover my entire 15 day trip for under 20 USD. Is that correct? Or did I miss an even cheaper option? (I know WorldTrips Atlas International seems plenty cheap already, but considering that we are a large group of people, every extra dollar is multiplied by many people and thus adds up quickly).

Second of all, supposing we decide to spring for a better option - one that covers asymptomatic expenses (i.e. if someone tests positive, a policy that would cover their jail forced quarantine hotel for 10 days, the cost of changing flights, etc). What would be the insurance company to check for the cheapest policy with that kind of coverage, that is eligible for Thailand Pass approval?

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
You'll get the full length of your visa, or extension of stay stamp or whatever with 30 days insurance. Hundreds if not thousands have already done it.
Right, different visa types I guess.

I was referring to the person that asked about the long term non-O retirement visa. Those long term visas have insurance requirements above and beyond what you need as a tourist or even when entering on a 90 day visa. It is an issue for them.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.