Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Right, different visa types I guess.

I was referring to the person that asked about the long term non-O retirement visa. Those long term visas have insurance requirements above and beyond what you need as a tourist or even when entering on a 90 day visa. It is an issue for them.
Not for Thailand Pass purposes. To obtain a couple of visa types, or to extend the permission of stay from them, there is another insurance requirement. For a long term "O" extension (which is what the poster upthread mentioned) there is no such requirement anyway.

30 days Covid insurance is all that's required for a Thailand Pass and is available to age 99.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I am pleased to say that the new TP system that went live at midnight responded with an approval within 8 hours (and yes I was a bit paranoid leaving on a two-day trip without prior approval to return, but all good now!)
b74l likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: EXPLT
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I am pleased to say that the new TP system that went live at midnight responded with an approval within 8 hours (and yes I was a bit paranoid leaving on a two-day trip without prior approval to return, but all good now!)
Thanks good feedback. We submitted two applications (one Thai national and one non-Thai), and received approval for both 11 hours later..so no problem either.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I submitted 4pm yesterday and got approval letter 11AM today, less than 18 hours, significant faster than my March application, which took about 6 days. This time I still used my employer provided global travel insurance coverage without issue like last time, so I saved at least $40 not bad HAHA:-).

I will departure next Friday.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
First time user here... And the application process is "opaque"

1. It want a vaccine certification with passports information and all that for each shot. Of course, I am a lowly american and only have the CDC card. Do I just upload that three times?

2. It wants a jpg of the insurance documents or something. I went with AXA. I got a *pdf* of some summary, what am i supposed to put here?

Leaving in 11 days, so I have time, just probably not for screwups.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by b74l
Thanks good feedback. We submitted two applications (one Thai national and one non-Thai), and received approval for both 11 hours later..so no problem either.
Good to hear! My experience is that nationality does not really matter - the times we have applied for the Thailand Pass, the approval has come at the same time (also one Thai and one non-Thai, the latter with the ‘anomaly’ of not having to fulfil the insurance requirement)
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by ryman554
First time user here... And the application process is "opaque"

1. It want a vaccine certification with passports information and all that for each shot. Of course, I am a lowly american and only have the CDC card. Do I just upload that three times?

2. It wants a jpg of the insurance documents or something. I went with AXA. I got a *pdf* of some summary, what am i supposed to put here?

Leaving in 11 days, so I have time, just probably not for screwups.

1) Yes I believe twice as no boost shot info needed

2) Just screen shot the PDF file and you will get PNG or JPG file
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom

I'm assuming the 2-page document summary listing coverage and pricing and effective dates is the one.

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ryman554
I'm assuming the 2-page document summary listing coverage and pricing and effective dates is the one.

Thanks!
There is also an online free pdf to jpg convertor.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom

Can confirm they accepted it.

thanks for the help!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:44 am

I am looking at travel insurance on the Thai pass page for a 14 day trip. FWD - 650b for 30 days , SayHI20Thailand - 1100b for 15 days , and AXA 2504b for 15 days. I have a letter from my medical provider that I am insured for covid anywhere - anytime. Any reason not to go for the cheapest option just to make things easy for the Thai pass approval ? Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by anc305
I am looking at travel insurance on the Thai pass page for a 14 day trip. FWD - 650b for 30 days , SayHI20Thailand - 1100b for 15 days , and AXA 2504b for 15 days. I have a letter from my medical provider that I am insured for covid anywhere - anytime. Any reason not to go for the cheapest option just to make things easy for the Thai pass approval ? Thanks
If you already have insurance cover, what is your reason for wanting another one? - as long as your policy specifies an amount greater than the minimum, and specifically mentions covid, that should be fine
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
If you already have insurance cover, what is your reason for wanting another one? - as long as your policy specifies an amount greater than the minimum, and specifically mentions covid, that should be fine
Thats the problem. My policy letter does not have a $ amount listed in the letter. Just the standard co-pays and such. I asked when I requested the letter from Aetna and they said they don't put a $ amount as it is unlimited. I saw that some folks got approval without a $ amont listed but I don't want any snags in the approval process.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by anc305
Thats the problem. My policy letter does not have a $ amount listed in the letter. Just the standard co-pays and such. I asked when I requested the letter from Aetna and they said they don't put a $ amount as it is unlimited. I saw that some folks got approval without a $ amont listed but I don't want any snags in the approval process.
Ah ok - you could always try using that, as the commitment post-29 April is that all applications will be processed within 48 hrs, so the time lost will be limited.

I just got mine approved in less than ten hours for arrival tomorrow, and that is using my virtual Thai social security card as proof of insurance, which is another non-standard thing (gosh I am getting tired of spending endless time educating airport staff on this and the ever changing requirements :/ )
seanthepilot likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Not for Thailand Pass purposes. To obtain a couple of visa types, or to extend the permission of stay from them, there is another insurance requirement. For a long term "O" extension (which is what the poster upthread mentioned) there is no such requirement anyway.

30 days Covid insurance is all that's required for a Thailand Pass and is available to age 99.
I thought he said annual retirement visa. Nonetheless, and hopefully we can let this go ...

Perhaps we can agree on this: If you're entering Thailand on a visa with insurance requirements above and beyond that of the Thai Pass requirements, then you'll need to meet that requirement.

Anyway it really doesn't matter to most people posting here. Anybody entering on a visa like that should probably seek guidance elsewhere.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 30, 2022 at 11:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.