Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc305
I decided to use the Renewme Skinclinic at the Hyatt near the NANA BTS and cost $45. It worked well and took 10 minutes. I looked at the airport testing sites. Yes, they are cheaper but did not want to wait until departure. They are also outside, can get busy, and kind of a holding pen set up. Thanks BinSabai

I can second this place. Used it for my PCR to enter Korea and it was smooth and easy. Results sent to my email at the exact time they promised.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I applied for my Thailand Pass late in the day on 31st May, but 1st June in Thailand.

QR code came back in less than 30-seconds and is a +/- 7 day entry window.

To the extent it may matter, my proof of vaccination is a QR code and I have previously obtained a Thailand Pass.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I applied for my Thailand Pass late in the day on 31st May, but 1st June in Thailand.

To the extent it may matter, my proof of vaccination is a QR code and I have previously obtained a Thailand Pass.
that's interesting, while others only got a +3 days entry window...
do you have an Elite Visum?
for myself it matters as I will probably my return to Thailand bring forward by 1-2 days on short notice due to the current chaos of air traffic in Europe (delays, cancellations etc.etc.)
and no I have no Elite Visum, but had so far 2 Thailand Pass, 2 COE last year and also QR codes for vaccination...
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for myself it matters as I will probably my return to Thailand bring forward by 1-2 days on short notice due to the current chaos of air traffic in Europe (delays, cancellations etc.etc.)
and no I have no Elite Visum, but had so far 2 Thailand Pass, 2 COE last year and also QR codes for vaccination...
Yes it is interesting, but since the approval time now seems to be 30 minutes probably best to just apply for a new tp.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I just submitted my Thailand Pass request this morning, and it came through in 32 minutes, but as others report with validity for three days .
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
The Thailand Pass states it was issued on 31st May so perhaps that is why I received the ±7 day period.

No, I don't have a Thailand Elite visa.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I was wondering one thing when filling out the application today, actually - do you guys detail all vaccinations or just the latest (which is the default question with the option to add more) ? - I decided to test it a bit and just specify the latest vaccine date and upload the certificate, not all three dates. Worked like a charm.

Also, this was once again done with digital SSO card as proof of insurance, and not an insurance policy - all very straight forward, and took me less than five mins to complete.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Before, in February I entered all vaccination documents with QR codes and purchased AXA insurance for my trip.
Now in June I put just the last vaccination QR and went with my regular travel insurance.

Latest news say they might be dropping the Thai Pass altogether and also removing face mask mandate in Bangkok at least.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:02 am

If you scan the QR Code now you may find your record has been updated and now shows +3 days only. Mine does but was originally issued with +/- 7.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by ft101
If you scan the QR Code now you may find your record has been updated and now shows +3 days only. Mine does but was originally issued with +/- 7.
Yup. You are correct.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
My Thailand Pass application was approved today in about an hour. Insurance document was "regular" travel insurance through Allianz, does not specifically mention "COVID".
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Applying with a Child (Age 13)

Is it better to have a child as a dependent on a parent’s THAIPASS or to apply for a separate THAIPASS for them. If they are on the parent’s THAIPASS, is it only required to purchase insurance for the adult ? Thank you for your help !
gspurr likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
My Thailand Pass application was approved today in about an hour. Insurance document was "regular" travel insurance through Allianz, does not specifically mention "COVID".
Their new policies do.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Their new policies do.
I should clarify further....the policy itself covers COVID. The one page "executive summary" that I sent to ThailandPass did not mention COVID specifically, just name, policy number, effective dates, and coverage amounts.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For travel insurance, has any credit card coverage worked? Or would it be best not to risk that and use one of their providers so as to not be denied entry?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.