Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Does anyone know a good place that can issue PCR test and result suitable for Japan, in a few hours, in Bangkok or Hua Hin ?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:21 am

Thailand Pass and insurance requirements to disappear from July 1st, subject to cabinet approval and publication in the gazette.
BinSabai and rariya like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by bomberman92
For travel insurance, has any credit card coverage worked? Or would it be best not to risk that and use one of their providers so as to not be denied entry?
I'm asking myself the same question. As the downloaded insurance certificate from my credit card mentionned specifically my name, dates of travel, visited country, mention the inclusino of Covid risk and the max medical expenses covered, my guess is that it effectively meets all the requirements. However as I always only read or hear about the dedicated covid insurances the people subscribed to travel, a part of my mind remains a bit doubtful.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
Thailand Pass and insurance requirements to disappear from July 1st, subject to cabinet approval and publication in the gazette.
....and I am arriving in BKK on 30. June...
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bomberman92
For travel insurance, has any credit card coverage worked? Or would it be best not to risk that and use one of their providers so as to not be denied entry?
If you look at the past few trip reports earlier in the thread, Thai Immigration appears to be checking the Thailand Pass only. Ergo, with Thailand Pass in hand, you wouldn't be denied entry for insurance purposes. You may be initially denied a Thailand Pass but that can be rectified.

(This is not intended as "advice" but merely as an observation. I'll also add that my airline only asked to see the Thailand Pass and vax card pre-departure.)

Edit to add: And if you travel after 30 June, you probably won't need either a Thailand Pass or COVID insurance.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Jun 17, 2022 at 8:33 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
....and I am arriving in BKK on 30. June...
Oof! I lucked out, arriving July 2.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rariya
Oof! I lucked out, arriving July 2.
i could easily postpone my flight, but I will not...double status miles for LH group flights only until 30. June...apply for the Thai Pass is a piece of cake (after 2 COE and 2 Thai Pass...)
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by lcheval
I'm asking myself the same question. As the downloaded insurance certificate from my credit card mentionned specifically my name, dates of travel, visited country, mention the inclusino of Covid risk and the max medical expenses covered, my guess is that it effectively meets all the requirements. However as I always only read or hear about the dedicated covid insurances the people subscribed to travel, a part of my mind remains a bit doubtful.
but if you are arriving on/after July 1 you don't have to worry about it.
Diplomatico and lcheval like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by estnet
but if you are arriving on/after July 1 you don't have to worry about it.
Perhaps it's too early now since the discontinuation of Thailand Pass has likely not been gazetted yet, but at this moment, both Timatic and Thailand Pass have not been updated with these changes.

What have been experiences of others the last time there were major changes? Were airlines aware of the changes? I have a flight that arrives Jul 1 into BKK but, of course, departs 24+ hours earlier. Debating whether to just get the Pass (and insurance) to circumvent problems.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tide
Perhaps it's too early now since the discontinuation of Thailand Pass has likely not been gazetted yet, but at this moment, both Timatic and Thailand Pass have not been updated with these changes.

What have been experiences of others the last time there were major changes? Were airlines aware of the changes? I have a flight that arrives Jul 1 into BKK but, of course, departs 24+ hours earlier. Debating whether to just get the Pass (and insurance) to circumvent problems.
It is not confirmed until the Garuda sings - so TIMATIC or other instructions will not be updated until it has been ratified by the Royal Gazette. I arrived on the day of the last set of changes and everything was smooth, so I would not worry about it.

I would suggest carrying a print-out of the official announcement when it comes though, just in case
Old Jun 18, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Does anyone know a good place that can issue PCR test and result suitable for Japan, in a few hours, in Bangkok or Hua Hin ?
Got one done at Renewme Skin clinic at the Sukhumvit Hyatt Regency. They had a 6 hour turnaround time and although I did it for Korea, there were Japanese passport holders there getting their tests done as well.

I think they may offer a faster turnaround for a more expensive price. I believe I paid around 3900 baht for mine.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ft101
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
It is not confirmed until the Garuda sings - so TIMATIC or other instructions will not be updated until it has been ratified by the Royal Gazette. I arrived on the day of the last set of changes and everything was smooth, so I would not worry about it.

I would suggest carrying a print-out of the official announcement when it comes though, just in case
Anyone hearing anything about timing for making official? More curious then concerned, with recent reports of Thai Pass being issued so quickly...
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I entered last night and the only items anyone checked were the Thailand pass, TM6 card, and my passport. No one asked to see vax card, insurance, onward flight, nothing else.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Got one done at Renewme Skin clinic at the Sukhumvit Hyatt Regency. They had a 6 hour turnaround time and although I did it for Korea, there were Japanese passport holders there getting their tests done as well.

I think they may offer a faster turnaround for a more expensive price. I believe I paid around 3900 baht for mine.
Thanks, pricey but fast !
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Anyone hearing anything about timing for making official? More curious then concerned, with recent reports of Thai Pass being issued so quickly...
Cabinet meeting this week which is expected to rubber stamp CCSA proposals, then wait on it appearing in the gazette. This can be anytime right up to the last minute.
goodeats21 and seigex like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.