Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
They have - not sure about the central fast track (I think it is open though), but the first batch of immigration on the C/B/A side of the airport definitely has the fast track to the right-hand side open (I went through last week). If it has been a while since you last entered, prepare yourself for a much more modern looking immigration experience, as they revamped the whole arrival side of things
thanks
fast track on the right hand side?
in the past fast track was on the left side leading to the fast track counters on the far left side of the hall

last time I arrived in February 2022...yes quite a while...had to do my 4. time 90 days reporting in 26 years Thailand
Old May 9, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks
fast track on the right hand side?
in the past fast track was on the left side leading to the fast track counters on the far left side of the hall

last time I arrived in February 2022...yes quite a while...had to do my 4. time 90 days reporting in 26 years Thailand
Yea tell me about it - that 90 day thing… But serious on the revamp thing, we arrived 3 or 4 weeks ago and they just re-opened the refurbished side

The left side was the TG specific one you are referring to, right? I did not see that one (admittedly I did not look either), they just saw my J class boarding pass and directed me to the right where there is a small fast track section separated from the rest, which was there before covid too. Not that it was busy but I still got through before the rest of the flight’s J class pax.
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
2 + 2 = ?

If he/she arrived last night and posted at just before 9:00am ICT today there's a good chance they spent a night in Bangkok before travelling on to Sakon Nakhon?
Exactly
Old May 9, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
2 + 2 = ?

If he/she arrived last night and posted at just before 9:00am ICT today there's a good chance they spent a night in Bangkok before travelling on to Sakon Nakhon?
I didn't realize it was a math question.

Or does your statement perhaps have another meaning?
Old May 9, 2022, 12:52 pm

I appreciate all the info on this thread. Appears entry is fairly simple and getting back to normal. I do have a question about the 24 hour covid test to get back to the USA . ( I know it is one of the more ignorant policies left , but short of going to Mexico and crossing the border it is still required )

I have 1225 am flight. I presume my test has to be done the calander day before which is in effect the same day ? I will be staying at the Intercontinental in Bangkok. Is there a good testing site that can get one done in a few hours ? Thanks
Old May 9, 2022, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anc305
I appreciate all the info on this thread. Appears entry is fairly simple and getting back to normal. I do have a question about the 24 hour covid test to get back to the USA . ( I know it is one of the more ignorant policies left , but short of going to Mexico and crossing the border it is still required )

I have 1225 am flight. I presume my test has to be done the calander day before which is in effect the same day ? I will be staying at the Intercontinental in Bangkok. Is there a good testing site that can get one done in a few hours ? Thanks
this one is quite close to the Intercontinental (at BTS Nana station)
Renewme skin clinic Bangkok branch (pibu75.com)
or you go earlier to the airport and do a 3 hours PCR there
Old May 9, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by estnet
Yes lots of "reports" about having to mention covid, however, the application now asks you to check a box that your insurance covers covid. I doubt very much that anyone actually reads this given how fast some are approved. In my case I submitted a certificate page that mentioned the word covid nowhere, nor did it state a dollar amount (in text it said unlimited). My insurancd does cover covid and is much more than 10k coverage but the "magic words" were not on the page. Approved!
IMO things changed once they added the check box that you certify that it covers covid
This worked for me as well. Applied using existing travel insurance (annual plan) that did not specifically say "COVID" on the summary page.

Approved in about 12 hours.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I didn't realize it was a math question.
You didn't realise it was an obvious answer either.

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Or does your statement perhaps have another meaning?
Originally Posted by manymany
Exactly
Old May 10, 2022, 8:47 am

this one is quite close to the Intercontinental (at BTS Nana station)
Renewme skin clinic Bangkok branch (pibu75.com)
or you go earlier to the airport and do a 3 hours PCR there
Thanks. Looks like it is easy to get to and quick.
Old May 10, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by anc305
Thanks. Looks like it is easy to get to and quick.
Well except that there are 2 testing sites at the airport that cost much less (550 or 250) and are open 24 hours - so go to check in an hour or so early (although the test take less time) One at door 1 and one at door 7/8 ground floor.
https://thaiest.com/blog/covid-test-...mi-airport-bkk
Old May 10, 2022, 2:34 pm

Well except that there are 2 testing sites at the airport that cost much less (550 or 250) and are open 24 hours - so go to check in an hour or so early (although the test take less time) One at door 1 and one at door 7/8 ground floor.
This looks good also. I may use it if I don't get it earlier and will just add some time at the airport.

What happens if you test positive? Will they alert the authorities and send you to hospital? Any difference when testing positive at either location ( such as better hospital assignment ) ? I know things change but would appreciate any current data. Thanks.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

I mentioned airport testing site as well, but some want to get tested before they go to the airport...
But I do not think that he can get a PCR test done with result in less than one hour
Old May 10, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I mentioned airport testing site as well, but some want to get tested before they go to the airport...
But I do not think that he can get a PCR test done with result in less than one hour
Right, but s/he mentioned test for the US which is antigen not PCR.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Right, but s/he mentioned test for the US which is antigen not PCR.
he did not specify ATK or PCR....
Old May 10, 2022, 9:01 pm

Sorry I did not specify ATK or PCR. I will get an ATK. Both the in town and airport options look good. I will probably spend the extra for the in town and get it over with in the A.M. before I go to the airport late in the evening. But I would like to know the protocol if you test positive? I have several co-workers / friends that are contemplating a trip to Thailand. They want me to check it out the lay of the land before they book. I know things may change in Thailand, but it appears the COVID test to return to the USA may last a while. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.