Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Anybody entering on a visa like that should probably seek guidance elsewhere.
There's one thing we can agree on.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
just got mine approved in less than ten hours for arrival tomorrow, and that is using my virtual Thai social security card as proof of insurance, which is another non-standard thing (gosh I am getting tired of spending endless time educating airport staff on this and the ever changing requirements :/ )
Had three TP approvals under the new test-free rules so far. No need to request for a new TP for minor flight changes of less then 1 week.

The first TP was approved within 12,5 hours (the website was buggy as hell when I‘ve applied for that). The second TP took 38 minutes to get approved. And after requesting the third TP I‘ve got the approval email before I‘ve got the confirmation of registration. Both within a few seconds after submitting my request.

All new TP are valid for entering 7 days after or before the requested arrival date.

Hard to see the sense of that, as it will still discourage tourists from visiting Thailand. For sure the TP will be scrapped from July 1. But it‘s very likely, that the TP will end before June 1. They can still check the vaccination documents at check-in and/off at the immigration.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:18 am

Need a little help submitting my Thailand Pass application, please...

First question: for insurance, I went with WorldTrips Atlas International, but I'm not sure exactly what to upload to Thailand Pass. I've attached two images to this post - do I upload the page that has the WorldTrps and Lloyd's logos at the top (one page for all 4 of us), and upload it 4 times? Or do I upload the page that has the green Ministry of Public Health logo at the top (which WorldTrips has provided four separate pages of, one for each person), and upload each individual's page under their name?

Second question: Our group consists of 4 people: 3 vaccinated (or rather, 2 vaccinated parents and their unvaccinated young child), and a fourth person who is an unvaccinated adult. Can all 4 people be included in one single Thailand Pass application? Or does the unvaccinated adult need a separate application, since they will be providing a pre-departure RT-PCR test to avoid quarantine, and thus perhaps needs to undergo a different approval process?

Thanks in advance
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
This is option A:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

This is option B:
Old May 1, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by The Shadow
Need a little help submitting my Thailand Pass application, please...

First question: for insurance, I went with WorldTrips Atlas International, but I'm not sure exactly what to upload to Thailand Pass. I've attached two images to this post - do I upload the page that has the WorldTrps and Lloyd's logos at the top (one page for all 4 of us), and upload it 4 times? Or do I upload the page that has the green Ministry of Public Health logo at the top (which WorldTrips has provided four separate pages of, one for each person), and upload each individual's page under their name?
Option A is perfect as it has everything requested. Option B is missing the word „Covid“. So go for option A.

Second question: Our group consists of 4 people: 3 vaccinated (or rather, 2 vaccinated parents and their unvaccinated young child), and a fourth person who is an unvaccinated adult. Can all 4 people be included in one single Thailand Pass application? Or does the unvaccinated adult need a separate application, since they will be providing a pre-departure RT-PCR test to avoid quarantine, and thus perhaps needs to undergo a different approval process?
Every adult needs his own Thailand Pass. So even the vaccinated parents need one TP each. The unvaccinated child doesn‘t need its own TP (if it‘s under the age of 6), but has to be added to one of the parents‘ TP. If the unvaccinated child is 6 years or older, it needs its own TP as well.

So you will need to apply for 3 or 4 TP, depending on the age of the child (younger than 6 years or not).
Old May 1, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by thbe
Option B is missing the word „Covid“. So go for option A.
Good reminder. Roojai.com offers the COVID specific policy for 650 THB, if anyone is looking for a relatively inexpensive option.
LIH Prem and seanthepilot like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Option A is perfect as it has everything requested. Option B is missing the word „Covid“. So go for option A.

Every adult needs his own Thailand Pass. So even the vaccinated parents need one TP each. The unvaccinated child doesn‘t need its own TP (if it‘s under the age of 6), but has to be added to one of the parents‘ TP. If the unvaccinated child is 6 years or older, it needs its own TP as well.

So you will need to apply for 3 or 4 TP, depending on the age of the child (younger than 6 years or not).
Thank you!
Old May 3, 2022, 5:07 pm

Thanks for the help. I was able to apply for the Thailand pass, and we all got approved!

Now, here's where it gets interesting... as mentioned here previously, the current Thailand passes are issued not just for the date you requested, but are valid for entering Thailand as early as 7 days before, or as late as 7 days afterward. This is great for us, because something came up and we need to delay our trip 5 days. The thing is... one of the people in our group is not vaccinated. She qualified for the no-quarantine pass by submitting a RT-PCR test taken less than 72 hours before the originally planned departure - yet her Thailand Pass is valid for 7 days after the originally planned arrival date, just like us vaccinated folks. So by the time we land in Thailand 5 days later than planned, her Thailand Pass will still be valid... but the RT-PCR test it was based on will be over a week old!

Is this a problem? Do we need to somehow update her pass with a newer test closer to the actual flight (or apply for an entirely new Thailand Pass), do we use the existing pass but bring along results of a newer test, or do we forget about the test altogether and enjoy this potential "loophole" in the system?

EDIT: I just noticed that the printable PDF of the TP says "Please note that if you enter Thailand using an RT-PCR test result, your test result must remain valid at the time of departure." Does that just mean that she needs a valid test at time of departure (but could be a newer test also)? Or does it mean that once the original PCR test dies (i.e. becomes more that 72 hours old), the Thailand Pass dies with it (despite the listed expiration date being later), and she needs to apply for a new pass?
Old May 4, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thailand is a master at making things murky. Since the pass is free and they seem to be processing them quickly if it was me I'd just get a new one to avoid any problems.

Thanks for the help. I was able to apply for the Thailand pass, and we all got approved!

Now, here's where it gets interesting... as mentioned here previously, the current Thailand passes are issued not just for the date you requested, but are valid for entering Thailand as early as 7 days before, or as late as 7 days afterward. This is great for us, because something came up and we need to delay our trip 5 days. The thing is... one of the people in our group is not vaccinated. She qualified for the no-quarantine pass by submitting a RT-PCR test taken less than 72 hours before the originally planned departure - yet her Thailand Pass is valid for 7 days after the originally planned arrival date, just like us vaccinated folks. So by the time we land in Thailand 5 days later than planned, her Thailand Pass will still be valid... but the RT-PCR test it was based on will be over a week old!

Is this a problem? Do we need to somehow update her pass with a newer test closer to the actual flight (or apply for an entirely new Thailand Pass), do we use the existing pass but bring along results of a newer test, or do we forget about the test altogether and enjoy this potential "loophole" in the system?

EDIT: I just noticed that the printable PDF of the TP says "Please note that if you enter Thailand using an RT-PCR test result, your test result must remain valid at the time of departure." Does that just mean that she needs a valid test at time of departure (but could be a newer test also)? Or does it mean that once the original PCR test dies (i.e. becomes more that 72 hours old), the Thailand Pass dies with it (despite the listed expiration date being later), and she needs to apply for a new pass?
Old May 4, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by estnet
Thailand is a master at making things murky. Since the pass is free and they seem to be processing them quickly if it was me I'd just get a new one to avoid any problems.
Agree. I would get a new Thailand Pass and a new timely PCR test.

The risk in not doing so is the possibility of a mandatory quarantine on arrival.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I fail to see how this is murky at all - she would need a new PCR test meeting the 72hr requirement, simple as that. The Thailand pass +7 days should not be an issue, but to be on the safe side and if you have time, then by all means get a new one.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:59 am

No need for a new TP, but of course she needs a new PCR test.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:05 am

I have a few questions and would appreciate some feedback

I decided to purchase the FWD insurance from the Thai pass page just to be safe. It went thru and I printed the page that has the policy number and dates but did not recieve an e-mail as stated. Should the printed page be good and do they check it ?

I applied for the Thai Pass. I checked back 24 hours later using my locator code and it was approved. I printed out the QR code page and details. Once again no e-mail as stated. Is this e-mail necessary ?

And last , do you have to download the MorChana application anymore ?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anc305
I have a few questions and would appreciate some feedback
Please keep in mind this is Thailand. Things routinely change overnight.

I decided to purchase the FWD insurance from the Thai pass page just to be safe. It went thru and I printed the page that has the policy number and dates but did not recieve an e-mail as stated. Should the printed page be good and do they check it ?
Yes, the printed page should be sufficient. A month ago, all they checked was the Thailand Pass. They didn't ask to see any of the supporting documents on arrival.

I applied for the Thai Pass. I checked back 24 hours later using my locator code and it was approved. I printed out the QR code page and details. Once again no e-mail as stated. Is this e-mail necessary ?
As long as you have the single approval page with the QR code on it, you are fine.

And last , do you have to download the MorChana application anymore ?

No one checked. I had it, but never activated it.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Please keep in mind this is Thailand. Things routinely change overnight.

Yes, the printed page should be sufficient. A month ago, all they checked was the Thailand Pass. They didn't ask to see any of the supporting documents on arrival.

As long as you have the single approval page with the QR code on it, you are fine.

No one checked. I had it, but never activated it.
[mod edit]

The printed insurance paper will be fine for arrival in Thailand, but the airline getting you here will demand to see it at check-in - at least QR does and I have had to educate them for 20 mins every time that I am exempt for that requirement when they demand to see it. Happens every time.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 7, 2022 at 12:26 am Reason: Redacted personal comment
Old May 6, 2022, 12:09 pm

Has anyone purchased insurance from insuremytrip? They are an aggregator of various travel insurance plans and I normally use their services but struggling to find a plan that specifically states that Covid is covered. Reached out to support and was told that as long as their plans don't have language excluding Covid coverage than its covered. Don't want to take a chance getting Thailand pass rejected. I prefer to use one of insuremytrips plans because I've generally had good experience with them and their coverage is better with cheaper options than the plan offered via AXA Thailand. Before I look at other insurance options that meet both my needs and Thailand Pass requirements I wanted to check here first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.