Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
You didn't realise it was an obvious answer either.
I know. I'm not anal retentive.

I guess I'll have to work on that.
Old May 12, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I know. I'm not anal retentive.

I guess I'll have to work on that.
Edit: Not worth the electrons.

Last edited by ft101; May 12, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old May 13, 2022, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Can I hold two Thai Passes at the same time? I go to BKK (Pass # 1) and from there a side trip to KUL and on the return I have an 11 hour layover in BKK again, which I prefer not to spend airside, so I need Pass #2. Of course I could do "2 once in-country, but if it's possible to do beforehand, so much the better.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Can I hold two Thai Passes at the same time? I go to BKK (Pass # 1) and from there a side trip to KUL and on the return I have an 11 hour layover in BKK again, which I prefer not to spend airside, so I need Pass #2. Of course I could do "2 once in-country, but if it's possible to do beforehand, so much the better.
of course
Old May 13, 2022, 4:13 am

Are there any news about TP being dropped in the beginning of June? I'm weighing options for a June vacation, and I'm not sure if I should stick to my "new pandemic favorite destination of Mexico," or if I should choose return to Thailand again. The TP hassle and uncertainty is something that I'd like to avoid. Is mask usage still compulsory everywhere, even outdoors, in Phuket, Krabi, and Phi Phi?
Old May 13, 2022, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedChili
Are there any news about TP being dropped in the beginning of June? I'm weighing options for a June vacation, and I'm not sure if I should stick to my "new pandemic favorite destination of Mexico," or if I should choose return to Thailand again. The TP hassle and uncertainty is something that I'd like to avoid. Is mask usage still compulsory everywhere, even outdoors, in Phuket, Krabi, and Phi Phi?
there are conflicting reports and rumors, whether it will be dropped or not...
Actually the Thailand Pass is now pretty easy to get with immediate return (1-3 hours maximum)
in Phuket and Krabi (was there myself 3 weeks ago), most of foreign tourists do not wear masks outdoor anymore. Not at the beach and not in entertainment areas.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
there are conflicting reports and rumors, whether it will be dropped or not...
Actually the Thailand Pass is now pretty easy to get with immediate return (1-3 hours maximum)
in Phuket and Krabi (was there myself 3 weeks ago), most of foreign tourists do not wear masks outdoor anymore. Not at the beach and not in entertainment areas.
Thanks! That sounds promising.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by RedChili
Thanks! That sounds promising.
For me it took a full 30 seconds (!) for the confirmation mail to arrive after pressing "submit"
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA, AS, OZ
With the new Thailand Pass (post May 2022), once you have the QR code, if your itinerary changes (but within the 72 hours) to involve a transit in a different country, but with the last flight arriving to Thailand being the same as provided in the original application, do you still need to submit a new application? Or can you use the same QR code?
Old May 15, 2022, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxerinsaarland
With the new Thailand Pass (post May 2022), once you have the QR code, if your itinerary changes (but within the 72 hours) to involve a transit in a different country, but with the last flight arriving to Thailand being the same as provided in the original application, do you still need to submit a new application? Or can you use the same QR code?
no need
new is actually a 7 days tolerance; your travel date can change to max 7 days earlier or later than the original without applying for a new Thailand Pass
pdxerinsaarland likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Anyone know if the auto-gates are back available for Thai nationals at BKK or if I should find my way to the fast track to avoid the mob? (Arriving on JL, in case anyone has info if fast track vouchers are still a thing? Never really paid attention to them pre-covid ofc given auto-gates.) Nothing against farang friends but I’m just too excited about the prospect of entering home without quarantine for the first time since December 2019 and therefore want to go straight to the street wonton noodles stall in my soi ASAP upon arrival.
estnet, SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
If you look at 'Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application' on aseannow.com there are several recent comments including the following:

'My wife and I just came back from overseas on April 7th. She has a brand-new 10 year Thai passport. When we were approaching Immigration an officer immediately directed her to the e-gates. No issue at all. The template for the passport that is loaded into the system is the same for anyone in Thailand so whether or not you were born here or are naturalized should have nothing to do with it. Strange......'
estnet and BinSabai like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by maerim
If you look at 'Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application' on aseannow.com there are several recent comments including the following:

'My wife and I just came back from overseas on April 7th. She has a brand-new 10 year Thai passport. When we were approaching Immigration an officer immediately directed her to the e-gates. No issue at all. The template for the passport that is loaded into the system is the same for anyone in Thailand so whether or not you were born here or are naturalized should have nothing to do with it. Strange......'
Just to add that lanes for Thai PP holders should not be busy. I always use them if the auto-channel is not working (which I would normally use), which was the case from about December 2019/January 2020 to recently.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Update: auto channels not working last night, but separate regular lanes for Thai nationals that moved really quickly. Glad I did that instead of going to the fast track since I then had to backtrack the entire baggage claim area to go to where my bags were unloading. I guess Checkpoint 3 is closed to renovate the counters into the new futuristic design?
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Update: auto channels not working last night, but separate regular lanes for Thai nationals that moved really quickly. Glad I did that instead of going to the fast track since I then had to backtrack the entire baggage claim area to go to where my bags were unloading. I guess Checkpoint 3 is closed to renovate the counters into the new futuristic design?
Good to hear it went smoothly - our last few arrival experiences were indeed pleasant too, and when arriving a mere week or two after the launch of the new immigration zone, the officer took real pride in it Also, my partner was proactively waved to the Thai nationals (as they saw her passport from a distance) counters so we could get through at the same time without one of us having to wait for the other at Fast Track
prathetkrungthep likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.