Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by plain
Let's see what happens. I'm hoping to make a trip to BKK in beginning of June (not the 1st thou). I hope entry testing would ease out even more than now, but as it's communicated much depends on Songkran and it's aftermath.
there are already so many unreported cases in many areas of the country, that figures will not get further up much more....
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Looks like Test & Go acceptances are coming through a lot faster now that the process has been further streamlined.

I applied on 12th April for re-entry from Cambodia on 26th April. I found much cheaper insurance than I'd found before (link from the Test & Go site) then discovered that all I had to do was to select province and hotel then input my Agoda SHA Extra Plus booking reference to have my hotel and PCR package validated in real time. I then made sure to upload QR codes for all vaccine doses, as well as all certificate images.

I was gobsmacked to get my Thailand pass back within 24 hours. Then a colleague returning from Vietnam reported a similarly quick response time.

So it continues to get easier, but hopefully next month no need for any of this!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
I do not think the negative test before departure is the issue for many. It is the test on arrival. If you test positive then you are stuck and have to pay a lot of money. I do not mind the PCR before arrival. Then at least you are mostly in your home country then.
That was entirely my point
Davvidd likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Plus the absolute rip off you probably had to pay for the below charade....

It's making someone rich that's for sure!
It's not so much a charade as an over-abundance of caution; and those were the rules at the time.

I knew what I was signing up for, and yes, it was undoubtedly the most expensive 3 hours I've ever spent in a hotel, but I chose to 'stay' somewhere I knew I would like just in case the PCR test result was delayed.

I wish I'd decided to have lunch though;
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
It's not so much a charade as an over-abundance of caution; and those were the rules at the time.

I knew what I was signing up for, and yes, it was undoubtedly the most expensive 3 hours I've ever spent in a hotel, but I chose to 'stay' somewhere I knew I would like just in case the PCR test result was delayed.

I wish I'd decided to have lunch though;
Exactly, all is very smooth - maximum I have had to wait is ~18hrs for the TP approval and that includes trips both last year, this year and as recent as this week. Like you, we chose to stay somewhere we like even though it costs twice (or more) than we could get somewhere else - convenience, and just-in-case matters.

Fingers crossed for negative test later this week upon our return
MegatopLover likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
Question for the Test & Go experts here. Next month, I'm arriving in BKK at 11:40pm on a Tuesday.

I can get a Test & Go hotel room for a day before heading onward to Phuket with a friend I'm connecting with in BKK. I would arrive at the hotel from the airport probably 2-3am .. Do I need 2 hotel nights (Tuesday "night" and Wednesday night) to make Test & Go work?

Second option is to connect to the first flight out Wednesday morning, around 8am, and then do Sandbox or Test & Go in Phuket where I'll be for at least 5-7 days. It seems that a transfer to a domestic flight would be allowed, is this correct? Or will something stop me from doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions for this scenario.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TechOps
Question for the Test & Go experts here. Next month, I'm arriving in BKK at 11:40pm on a Tuesday.

I can get a Test & Go hotel room for a day before heading onward to Phuket with a friend I'm connecting with in BKK. I would arrive at the hotel from the airport probably 2-3am .. Do I need 2 hotel nights (Tuesday "night" and Wednesday night) to make Test & Go work?

Second option is to connect to the first flight out Wednesday morning, around 8am, and then do Sandbox or Test & Go in Phuket where I'll be for at least 5-7 days. It seems that a transfer to a domestic flight would be allowed, is this correct? Or will something stop me from doing this?

Thanks for any suggestions for this scenario.
Should be one night.

According to the current rules, your second scenario is not possible.

However, there is a possibility that the whole Test&Go programme (for the lack of better word) will be scrapped as of next month.
TechOps likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: free agent
Hopefully CCSA can make up their mind on next month then I can make adjustment to my bookings. Was going to stay in BKK to deal with quarantine part before going to other places... if they do ATK on arrival, then i reckon it's doable to head off to other islands on same day?

i wonder if I could fly to Phuket and deal with ATK arrival thing then head off to smaller island on same day ? I am confused by Phuket's status as both approach, test & go and sandbox. but hopefully it dont matter anymore next week.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:23 am

Vaccinated travelers don’t need any test anymore (from May 1)

CCSA is easing the entry rules for Thailand for vaccinated travelers starting from May 1:
- no mandatory test anymore (only recommended)
- no hotel booking needed

BUT: You still need a Thailand Pass, which you get with your vaccination documents and a COVID health insurance covering USD 10,000.
Schwann and gokeeper like this.

Last edited by thbe; Apr 22, 2022 at 12:41 am
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by thbe
CCSA is easing the entry rules for Thailand for vaccinated travelers starting from May 1:
- no mandatory test anymore (only recommended)
- no hotel booking needed

BUT: You still need a Thailand Pass, which you get with your vaccination documents and a COVID health insurance covering USD 10,000.
Source? Sounds to good to be true....
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by hannadanna
Not official until published in the gazette but widely reported in the news, etc. Still require quarantine if not vac. Also not clear if new Thai Pass application necessary if already had old one.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by hannadanna
Source is the official CCSA meeting. That includes the PM, the Vice-PM, a couple of ministers and experts.
SKT-DK and Davvidd like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:54 am

And for all the nay-sayers on here, here is your source:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ers-from-may-1

Confirmed in principle but yet to be ratified by the Garuda.
thbe likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
And for all the nay-sayers on here, here is your source:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ers-from-may-1

Confirmed in principle but yet to be ratified by the Garuda.
Or the official source here (entry regulations starting at 06:36):
Summary of the CCSA meeting http://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/...7418677976038/
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
The health insurance requirement remains a problem.

I have an 84-year-old client living in Thailand on an Non-Imm O long-stay "retirement" visa.

He can't leave the country as he can't obtain medical insurance to return, even though he deposits ฿800,000 a year in Thailand to qualify for the visa.

It's a real problem for the elderly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.