Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Very possible to still test positive with a PCR test for upto something like 3 months after recovery and the PCR tests carried out in Thailand are supposed to be more sensitive than most. Have you got a recovery certificate/letter that states you've had COVID & recovered?
Yes this, you need to have a doctors note saying you have recovered plus copy of positive test and date.
Most airlines will accept this if u test +, then if u test + on arrival you present the letter - then
they may take u to hospital for antibody test or they may let you proceed
if they take u to hospital it is up to the MD what they do - mostly you should be okay, but there are a few stories of people being made to quarantine - most are allowed to proceed.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
New possible plan/rumour:

“If the government approves [this move] and the situation improves further, the ministry will propose lifting all travel restrictions on June 1," he said, adding that this means fully vaccinated foreign tourists would be able to enter Thailand freely.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40013682
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by plain
New possible plan/rumour:

“If the government approves [this move] and the situation improves further, the ministry will propose lifting all travel restrictions on June 1," he said, adding that this means fully vaccinated foreign tourists would be able to enter Thailand freely.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40013682
original plan of the government is 1. July...
now it is the tourism minister that is talking about 1. June... several times already, the government did follow the health minister and not the tourism minister....you can decide yourself what will be more likely...
thbe and plain like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:40 pm

For sure it‘s better if they are discussing an earlier date of scraping all entry restrictions than discussing a later one.

Yesterday Thailand had 27,024 new infections, which includes 46 from abroad, which includes 15 from test&go. That means that 0.056% of all detected infections are issued by travelers under test&go. And the number of undetected cases under test&go is almost zero, while there are many more undetected domestic cases.

So they could scrap all restrictions (but being fully vaccinated/boostered) without a significant impact on the pandemic.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:38 am
Original Poster

so the new rules have been confirmed in the Royal Gazette and from tomorrow 1. April, there is no predeparture PCR test anymore necessary...
hope that does not increase the percentages of positive tested tourists after arrival... we will have to monitor that
cbagent and thbe like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
What is the current turnaround time on Test & Go Applications?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
from what I hear anything between less than 24 hours up to 6 days
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Will let you know another data point once mine and my partner’s come through - submitted both yesterday afternoon for our return from our trip out over Songkran.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Reports on reddit are a lot faster results (apparently since Russians have stopped applying - they were a very large percent of applications, some say as much as 86%).
tomwhom likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I received the approval for both of us this morning - total turnaround time is just shy of 18 hours and over-night
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
My T&G recently took 10 days but I see many reports this week of very fast turnarounds <24hours
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I received the approval for both of us this morning - total turnaround time is just shy of 18 hours and over-night
Mine was ~14-hours. Quite fast.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:03 am

Trying to fill this in now for Phuket.

1. Do we need to pay for PCR before applying for Thailand Pass?
2. Do we need to make a "PCR" test appointment for children (5 and 2 years old) even though they will have a saliva test?

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by goldwannabe
Trying to fill this in now for Phuket.

1. Do we need to pay for PCR before applying for Thailand Pass?
2. Do we need to make a "PCR" test appointment for children (5 and 2 years old) even though they will have a saliva test?

Thanks
1. Yes.
2. ?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
What actually happens if you test positive? Are you taken away and put in a public hospital as the website seems to indicate, or are you allowed to isolate in your room. Single traveler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.