Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
From SFO United check in to BKK immigration entry, what documents do I have to print? Not ok with all digital?
Thai Pass, insurance, COVID test results, that one confirmation of booking letter from the hotel, CDC (immunization record) vaccine card. At BKK immigration they only care about the print out of the Thai Pass QR and the test results, but gate agents/ticket agents check all the paperwork when you check in. Just print them out to be safe in case you are asked. I had two copies just to be safe but didn't need two. It is not OK to be all digital.
tomwhom and Davvidd like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Thailand plans to scrap on-arrival PCR tests by May, with Thailand Pass to follow:

https://milelion.com/2022/03/13/thai......-to-follow/
Definitely someone's hopes - not for certain. Even when there are official announcements there are often changes before it is approved and published in the Royal Gazette. I wouldn't count on it
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
We'll be arriving with a sealed flight from BKK to USM around noon on the 4th of april.
As we'll be staying in a private villa without SHA Extra+ we'll have to book a hotel with test&go prior to going to our villa.
Does anyone know of any hotel in Koh Samui offering a fast track / express PCR package? I don't mind paying extra but prefer to move to our villa in the afternoon instead of awaiting test results by the next morning. It does seem to exist in Bangkok but have not yet found anything in Koh Samui.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: Delta SM
My flight leaves to BKK on the 17th so I applied for the Thailand Pass with plenty of time at the beginning of the month. I was surprised to receive an email saying that the application was rejected. Apparently the hotel did not confirm during the 30-hour window. Very unprofessional. I started a new application on Friday the 11th and followed up to the hotel to make sure they noticed my application this time around. On Friday, they said that it had been approved on their end.

I still haven't received any notice from the system that the application is approved and my flight leaves in just over 48 hours. Is there anything I can do at this point to speed up the process? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ruby&carlos
My flight leaves to BKK on the 17th so I applied for the Thailand Pass with plenty of time at the beginning of the month. I was surprised to receive an email saying that the application was rejected. Apparently the hotel did not confirm during the 30-hour window. Very unprofessional. I started a new application on Friday the 11th and followed up to the hotel to make sure they noticed my application this time around. On Friday, they said that it had been approved on their end.

I still haven't received any notice from the system that the application is approved and my flight leaves in just over 48 hours. Is there anything I can do at this point to speed up the process? Thanks!
Did the hotel send you the letter they sent to the Thai Authorities? You also have to submit that letter when applying for Thai pass if my memory serves me right.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: Delta SM
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Did the hotel send you the letter they sent to the Thai Authorities? You also have to submit that letter when applying for Thai pass if my memory serves me right.
Yes, I attached that letter to my application.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:28 am
formerly JackDann

My Dad just tested positive for Covid in the UK and is due to fly to Thailand in 4 weeks. I have a couple of questions.

- I know that if his pre-departure test comes back positive, he will be allowed to fly with the recovery certificate, but does he have to re-apply for his Thailand Pass?
- In the event that he tests positive on arrival into Thailand, will a covid recovery certificate exempt him from quarantine?

THanks
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thailand plans to scrap on-arrival PCR tests by May, with Thailand Pass to follow:

https://milelion.com/2022/03/13/thai......-to-follow/
Originally Posted by estnet
Definitely someone's hopes - not for certain. Even when there are official announcements there are often changes before it is approved and published in the Royal Gazette. I wouldn't count on it
Yes. And there are also metrics associated with the draw down of restrictions...not just based on calendar dates.

It is good news they are talking about it, but don't make plans based on this yet.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:58 am

We are travelling to Ko Pha-ngan and unsure on the Day 5 test requirement;
Our flights are UK to Denmark to Singapore to Bangkok (the Denmark to Bangkok is a single trip with short 1 hour stopover to change place in SIN)
When we arrive in BKK I know that currently we will need a SHA+ hotel and day 1 test - no problems here.
We plan to stay in Bangkok for 3 days and on the 4th day we will fly from BKK to USM (Koh Samui) and then boat to Ko Pha-ngan.

My question is in regards to the Day 5 test - will I need a SHA+ hotel in Ko-Pha-ngan and test to comply with current rules - we currently have a villa rented but they are not SHA+ compliant.
If I do need a SHA+ hotel, could I book any hotel so that I have the Thai Pass validated but then what happens if I don't actually use the Day5 booking?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Ripley5000
We are travelling to Ko Pha-ngan and unsure on the Day 5 test requirement;
Our flights are UK to Denmark to Singapore to Bangkok (the Denmark to Bangkok is a single trip with short 1 hour stopover to change place in SIN)
When we arrive in BKK I know that currently we will need a SHA+ hotel and day 1 test - no problems here.
We plan to stay in Bangkok for 3 days and on the 4th day we will fly from BKK to USM (Koh Samui) and then boat to Ko Pha-ngan.

My question is in regards to the Day 5 test - will I need a SHA+ hotel in Ko-Pha-ngan and test to comply with current rules - we currently have a villa rented but they are not SHA+ compliant.
If I do need a SHA+ hotel, could I book any hotel so that I have the Thai Pass validated but then what happens if I don't actually use the Day5 booking?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice
if I'm correct the day 5 test has been replaced by a self-test which you will receive on arrival / during your day 1 test. You'll need to upload the result on day 5.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Has anyone yet done the day 5 ATK test? How does it work, do you get some serial number on the test kit and it has to match when you upload to MorChana app? Or can you just use any test kit you have "aquired" with negative result and upload a picture of that? Just asking for a friend
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I strongly recommend Worksite Labs https://worksitelabs.com for PT-PCR test if not far from you, super smooth and efficient. Yesterday I had test around 1pm and got result at 6:45pm. Best of all your insurance can be used and in my case $90 for 24 hour result delivery, just provide your insurance info when scheduling your appointment, you really don’t have to pay premium your own money for Airport test.
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:38 pm

I strongly recommend Worksite Labs https://worksitelabs.com for PT-PCR test if not far from you, super smooth and efficient. Yesterday I had test around 1pm and got result at 6:45pm. Best of all your insurance can be used and in my case $90 for 24 hour result delivery, just provide your insurance info when scheduling your appointment, you really don’t have to pay premium your own money for Airport test.
Do they list both when collected and when reported? Thailand actually looks at time of report - but CVS for example only list time of collection
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by estnet
Do they list both when collected and when reported? Thailand actually looks at time of report - but CVS for example only list time of collection
Time of collection
estnet likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:53 pm

Time of collection
Thanks - I think they used to be lot more expensive. I called them b/c medicare was not listed on their drop down and I wanted to make sure it is accepted - a couple of notes:
1) medicare - select "other", medicare will only pay for the $90 option
2) if the results don't come in 24 hours you can call them and if for some reason they are lost or ???? (but they say it doesn't happen) they claim that they will do the 90 minute one for free. This matters b/c on a previous trip cvs results didn't appear until 4 days after my test (and after the flight) but when they did post they posted for a date 3 days prior! - and there was NO was to reach anyone on the phone.
3) the booking time is a bit strange - they ask for your last departing flight and then schedule your apt based on that. It is easy to change to the time you need (eg many base timing on your FRIST departing flight)
tomwhom - THANK YOU VERY MUCH - this is very valuable info for me (and I suspect many others!)
tomwhom likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.