Reload this Page >

Test & Go Application Process changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test & Go Application Process changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sorry to hear about your bad experience

but what a coincidence!
I was actually on the same OS25 flight!

my European connection was 1 hour late (due to late inbound flight) with just 25 minutes left for transit (looks like many others were delayed as well like yours)....but even we docked at the last position in the terminal, I did not run, just walked (fast as usual) as I was guessing, that OS25 will leave late as well....I even walked back to the lounge, but they closed at 2300
my luggage also made it
regarding the food: I actually prefer a slow service course by course with a different wine for starter and main meal and a coffee to pair with my dessert, rather than the cattleclass-style everything on one tray fast service like LX and LH on their late night flights
my food was ok, not great, but maybe we had different choices as starter/main and dessert; wines were good; they focus mainly on Austrian wine, which improved a lot during the last decades

and I consider the OS staff as one of the most friendly and helpful of any European, certainly better than their sisters LX and LH; anyway I felt treated well

well it shows me once more that the same flight experience can be appraised very differently depending on mindset (I was happy I made it on the long haul, as our inbound flight could have been delayed further), expectation and circumstances (my luggage made it; yours not)
What a coincidence!

We were told by the inbound crew to make a run for it and hope for the best - they were holding the flight but no guarantee for how long (we only touched down at scheduled departure time of the onward flight).

I too prefer a slower service if executed properly - but in this case it just felt very mis-timed in terms of having both a drink and food at the same time to go with one another. And that chicken dish was cooked to oblivion In terms of friendliness, you are right - cannot fault them for that

Cannot remember which wine I had (think it was Italian), but that was not bad - champagne was not cold, so quickly abandoned that in favour of red.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
What a coincidence!

We were told by the inbound crew to make a run for it and hope for the best - they were holding the flight but no guarantee for how long (we only touched down at scheduled departure time of the onward flight).

I too prefer a slower service if executed properly - but in this case it just felt very mis-timed in terms of having both a drink and food at the same time to go with one another. And that chicken dish was cooked to oblivion In terms of friendliness, you are right - cannot fault them for that

Cannot remember which wine I had (think it was Italian), but that was not bad - champagne was not cold, so quickly abandoned that in favour of red.
I really wonder, why the crew told you to run...as at that time, it was already clear that departure was delayed by at least half an hour...(I arrived the gate after a 10 minutes fast walk through the whole terminal on Schengen level and through passport control up to Non-Schengen level and back into the terminal 15 minutes before original departure time and at that time (2305) delay was already announced...

I did not choose the chicken...I like such deep fried chicken vienna style (Wiener Backhendl) if it is freshly deep fried, but not hours before...IMHO not a dish recommendable on a flight
I had a red wine cuvée from Austria and liked it
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
landed at 1125pm, walked to immigration and found one with no line, took all of 1 minute to get checked and passport stamped. took a bit for bags to come out, but made it to the last airport link train at 12:05am … overall super quick and efficient compared to the test and go process last december! just a normal airport entry with the addition of my vax card

If I were carry-on only, I would have made it out in 5 minutes, probably because it was 11pm, but the bags delayed me an extra 30ish minutes
all i needed was passport, tm6 (get one to fill out on the plane), vax card and boarding pass. took my fingerprints and photo and that was it.
SKT-DK likes this.

Last edited by seigex; Jul 2, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I thought they were doing away with the TM6?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:21 pm

They gave it to me on the plane, and the screen at the entrance to the immigration officer said it was required. He didn't do anything with it, iirc last time they kept the longer piece and gave me back the smaller piece to give to them on departure, but the immigration officer gave the entire thing back to me.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ha, ha, ha - how Thai - totally useless - don't keep it, but make you fill it out anyway :shrug: Maybe they want to use up all the ones that were printed before they changed the procedure

Originally Posted by seigex
They gave it to me on the plane, and the screen at the entrance to the immigration officer said it was required. He didn't do anything with it, iirc last time they kept the longer piece and gave me back the smaller piece to give to them on departure, but the immigration officer gave the entire thing back to me.
seigex likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
Ha, ha, ha - how Thai - totally useless - don't keep it, but make you fill it out anyway :shrug: Maybe they want to use up all the ones that were printed before they changed the procedure
I arrived on 30. June
we had to fill out TM6 as usual. immigration officer checked and kept the arrival part, stamped the departure part and put it into my passport as usual...
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I arrived on 30. June
we had to fill out TM6 as usual. immigration officer checked and kept the arrival part, stamped the departure part and put it into my passport as usual...
This is my experience last week too. I also had read Thailand was doing away with TM6 form, but I was given it on the plane. At immigration, officer kept larger arrival part and put departure part in passport. I suppose I will need it to exit Thailand. 😊
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
This was published on June 15 in the Bangkok Post - guess you can't believe everything you read LOL

"The government will temporarily halt the need for international passengers to fill out TM 6 immigration forms to ease passenger congestion at international airports.Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after a cabinet meeting on Tuesday this would reduce the process for foreign visitors as they were already required to fill out many forms upon arrival. It will also help alleviate congestion as international arrival numbers have increased, he added."
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
This was published on June 15 in the Bangkok Post - guess you can't believe everything you read LOL

"The government will temporarily halt the need for international passengers to fill out TM 6 immigration forms to ease passenger congestion at international airports.Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after a cabinet meeting on Tuesday this would reduce the process for foreign visitors as they were already required to fill out many forms upon arrival. It will also help alleviate congestion as international arrival numbers have increased, he added."
of course I have read this, but it will only be implemented once it is published in the Royal Gazette and there was no date given (in opposite to the discontinuation of the Thai Pass which was clearly announced for 1. July)
in addition I do not think there are many other forms to fill out upon arrival...with the discontinuation of the Thai Pass for the majority of tourists, only this TM6 remains...and such an arrival form has to be filled out for many countries (incl. USA); I actually do not know any other Asian country, where you do not have to fill out such a form...
seigex likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
This is my experience last week too. I also had read Thailand was doing away with TM6 form, but I was given it on the plane. At immigration, officer kept larger arrival part and put departure part in passport. I suppose I will need it to exit Thailand. 😊
He didn't keep mine, or do anything with it, just handed it back to me. So maybe you won't need it to leave
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I had to fill out TM6 too, and they actively checked and processed like always, as BinSabai states. This was also 30 June.
seigex likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:10 am

of course I have read this, but it will only be implemented once it is published in the Royal Gazette and there was no date given (in opposite to the discontinuation of the Thai Pass which was clearly announced for 1. July)
in addition I do not think there are many other forms to fill out upon arrival...with the discontinuation of the Thai Pass for the majority of tourists, only this TM6 remains...and such an arrival form has to be filled out for many countries (incl. USA); I actually do not know any other Asian country, where you do not have to fill out such a form...
i don’t think i had to in Hong Kong in 2019. it was all electronic, with facial recognition. Very modern. Didn’t even talk to an immigration person. Every other country in asia i’ve has to though, and several western ones as well.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
i don’t think i had to in Hong Kong in 2019. it was all electronic, with facial recognition. Very modern. Didn’t even talk to an immigration person. Every other country in asia i’ve has to though, and several western ones as well.
possible as Hongkong changed a couple of time; once you only had to fill out form, but did not get a stamp in the passport...
are you usually talking with the immigration person? Except for the USA, where I always have to answer the same silly questions (for example "are you coming to USA for business or pleasure"; answer: "for business of course; who would come to the USA for pleasure") I talk with immigration officers maybe once in 20-30 times in particular in Asia...
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:39 pm

possible as Hongkong changed a couple of time; once you only had to fill out form, but did not get a stamp in the passport...
are you usually talking with the immigration person? Except for the USA, where I always have to answer the same silly questions (for example "are you coming to USA for business or pleasure"; answer: "for business of course; who would come to the USA for pleasure") I talk with immigration officers maybe once in 20-30 times in particular in Asia...
i mean there wasn’t even a person there, i walked though a lane, scanned my boarding pass, passport, and got a printed slip after a photo was taken, but otherwise there was just someone walking behind to help if there was a problem, nobody at the kiosk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.