FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Kilian Zoll Jun 8, 2015 1:16 am

Does anyone know whether or not the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa accrues 10x UNI$ for online shopping at foreign vendors? I pay off my overseas students loan quarterly and it would be good to get 4x KF miles for these transactions.

hclee01 Jun 8, 2015 1:22 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 24935300)
Does anyone know whether or not the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa accrues 10x UNI$ for online shopping at foreign vendors? I pay off my overseas students loan quarterly and it would be good to get 4x KF miles for these transactions.

Yes, it does accrue 10X UNI$ for online shopping at foreign vendors, but you will need to ensure that it does not fall within the "excluded" category of merchants:

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...ml#10x-rewards

Online retail transactions are transactions for purchases of goods or services via the internet using the Card. Online merchants include merchants that fall within the categories of bookstores, cinemas, entertainment, electronics, fast food, music and retail shopping, but excludes all merchants that fall within the categories of airline, travel, transport,top-ups for any pre-paid card, government, utilities, telecommunications, brokerage/securities, insurance, education/tuition, online money transfers and online gambling websites and such other categories of online merchants as UOB may exclude from time to time.

rakso79 Jun 8, 2015 2:47 am

Which is better, the UOB PRVI Miles Amex or the UOB PRVI Miles Mastercard? Or are there people who apply for both?

lcpteck Jun 8, 2015 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by rakso79 (Post 24935530)
Which is better, the UOB PRVI Miles Amex or the UOB PRVI Miles Mastercard? Or are there people who apply for both?

The earn rate is the same btw.

Volasia Jun 8, 2015 10:19 pm

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

I mean the UOB website is quite clear. It's a fairly simple card. The main difference is the limo. Please do your homework.

laurent_rio Jun 9, 2015 1:30 am

is EZ-Reload using DBS Woman World Master Card still get 10x DBS point (1 $ = 4 miles ) ?

laurent_rio Jun 9, 2015 1:31 am

other questions :

If i have multiple DBS Credit card (Amex and Visa Altitude + Woman Master Card), will the point stacked together ? so when redeemed i only need to pay conversion fee once ? or i need to pay 3 times to redeem miles from all ?

jagmeets Jun 9, 2015 2:33 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

DBS doesn't have a per transaction fees - they follow an annual mileage program - 42.80 SGD I think...irrespective of the number of transfers...and yes, all should be stacking together.

lcpteck Jun 9, 2015 7:11 am

Yep that's right, AFAIK UOB and DBS pools points together.

aster Jun 9, 2015 10:43 pm

Quick question: how is a transaction treated where there is a different rate for airline tix purchases and another one for overseas transactions? Which one is applied if you buy a ticket... in a foreign currency? :)

lcpteck Jun 9, 2015 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 24946432)
Quick question: how is a transaction treated where there is a different rate for airline tix purchases and another one for overseas transactions? Which one is applied if you buy a ticket... in a foreign currency? :)

I guess it depends on the bank that processes them since they set the logic of the calculation.

For DBS Woman's World Mastercard, they calculate based on 1) online or offline, then 2) local or foreign currency.

So if your foreign currency ticket is deemed online transaction you earn 10x points. If it's not online, then you earn 3x points.

Kilian Zoll Jun 11, 2015 3:29 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 24935318)
Yes, it does accrue 10X UNI$ for online shopping at foreign vendors, but you will need to ensure that it does not fall within the "excluded" category of merchants:

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...ml#10x-rewards

Online retail transactions are transactions for purchases of goods or services via the internet using the Card. Online merchants include merchants that fall within the categories of bookstores, cinemas, entertainment, electronics, fast food, music and retail shopping, but excludes all merchants that fall within the categories of airline, travel, transport,top-ups for any pre-paid card, government, utilities, telecommunications, brokerage/securities, insurance, education/tuition, online money transfers and online gambling websites and such other categories of online merchants as UOB may exclude from time to time.

Thank you. I doubt the [country x] higher education contributions scheme is on the list of exclusions!

Kilian Zoll Jun 11, 2015 6:55 am

UOB question: is there any way of checking the amount of points/UNI$ earned by transaction? I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the total balance.

aster Jun 11, 2015 8:41 am

Anyone use the HSBC Advance card?

carrotjuice Jun 11, 2015 11:44 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 24953497)
UOB question: is there any way of checking the amount of points/UNI$ earned by transaction? I can't seem to find it anywhere, only the total balance.

You have to call and ask the customer service to dictate to you over the phone one by one. That's a constant pain expressed in this forum with regards to UOB.