FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

weero May 16, 2015 3:28 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 24823135)
..anywhere to fail a complaint?

The complaint will fail in most places :D .

carrotjuice May 16, 2015 4:00 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 24823135)
similar experience before with expedia. anywhere to fail a complaint?

I don't get this. Shouldn't the complaint be filed with Citibank, who should reverse the duplicated charge immediately and initiate an investigation with Expedia, and not have the cardholder go through the hassle with Expedia directly?

jagmeets May 16, 2015 4:32 am

The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread

I'd do that too- complain with Citi and if they fail in their job, escalate to the MAS.

demue May 16, 2015 5:42 am

Any advice on what card to use for Uber rides? Currently linked to my Citi PM Amex and also getting SPG points, but was looking to see if I can do better. Unfortunately the prepaid cards don't work. Guessing the transactions come in as offline charges so cards with online bonus also wouldn't work. Thanks.

planetshakers May 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 24824091)
Any advice on what card to use for Uber rides? Currently linked to my Citi PM Amex and also getting SPG points, but was looking to see if I can do better. Unfortunately the prepaid cards don't work. Guessing the transactions come in as offline charges so cards with online bonus also wouldn't work. Thanks.

Did you try AMEX Imagine?

demue May 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 24825521)
Did you try AMEX Imagine?

Both of our favorite prepaid cards don't work. Uber does not process payments against such cards as a policy. At least that's what I have been told by them via email.

lokijuh May 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Wadexis (Post 24817838)
Hey Everyone,

I read back in February that EZ-link auto top-ups with Citibank cards (except Citi SMRT card) will no longer be eligible for miles/rewards.

Is there a list of such exceptions somewhere online? I checked the shared google spreadsheet as well as Citibank's website and T&Cs but could not find such list..

That would be helpful.

Cheers

I am still getting points on ez-reload (automatic top up) I think the wording was such that you don't get points on manual top up to Ezilink card.

Tennet1979 May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 24818492)
Guys, if you are thinking to get extra points buying ticket from Expedia, please be careful.

I suspect Expedia stored our credit card information.

I just had a long conversation with Expedia Customer Service who told me because I was complaining about the double charges they did to me.

He hanged up on me after I rejected his offer of $50 voucher and keep insisting him to explain how on earth Expedia can charge me the second time on my CC. (through out the conversation he tried to "confuse" me that that double charges is pre-authorization)

To my knowledge, when I do purchase online, the CC information that I enter will directly go to payment gateway, which then will contact the merchant bank to do per-authorization. Once the per-authorization is approved, the merchant has x days (normally 7-14 days) to settle this transaction to the merchant bank which will then post it to my CC bank.

Without me, entering my credit card information again, there is no way for the merchant to again charge my CC, not to mention 2-3 months later.

So the fact Expedia can charge me again in Feb-2015 (when I did the transaction in Dec-2014) lead me to the conclusion that Expedia DOES store our CC information.

So be careful.

Clearly there is a much more important issue here than not using them for points. Surely you shouldn't be using them at all if these sorts of business practices are commonplace.

With respect to Citibank Singapore helping you out, I'm pretty sure there is no legal credit card protection at all in Singapore like Section 75 in the UK for example, so it would be interesting to hear what comes of this. Good luck and I hope Expedia get what's coming to them if they have indeed deliberately charged twice.

Wadexis May 18, 2015 12:26 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 24826805)
I am still getting points on ez-reload (automatic top up) I think the wording was such that you don't get points on manual top up to Ezilink card.

Ha cool. I did not know that it was possible to top up with a credit card without using EZ-reload. I thought only Nets was accepted, therefore I misunderstood the statement.

Thanks for mentioning you still do get them.

Simontony May 18, 2015 12:37 am

Any SIN-issued cards that give you KF Gold status?

Hello,
WOndering if there are any Singapore-issued credit cards that give you Gold Status with Krisflyer?
Thanks!

lcpteck May 18, 2015 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Simontony (Post 24831508)
Hello,
WOndering if there are any Singapore-issued credit cards that give you Gold Status with Krisflyer?
Thanks!

Nope no such cards exist, you'll have to fly that 50k miles to get KF Gold.

carrotjuice May 18, 2015 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Tennet1979 (Post 24827045)
With respect to Citibank Singapore helping you out, I'm pretty sure there is no legal credit card protection at all in Singapore like Section 75 in the UK for example, so it would be interesting to hear what comes of this. Good luck and I hope Expedia get what's coming to them if they have indeed deliberately charged twice.

Isn't protection against fradulent and duplicated charges a feature of the card clearing organization (eg. AMEX, VISA, MC) which the card issuer needs to abide by regardless of which country the issuer resides?

planetshakers May 18, 2015 9:05 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 24826695)
Both of our favorite prepaid cards don't work. Uber does not process payments against such cards as a policy. At least that's what I have been told by them via email.

Policy is one thing, but from my experience, my AMEX Imagine works nicely.

lingua101 May 18, 2015 10:15 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 24823955)
I'd do that too- complain with Citi and if they fail in their job, escalate to the MAS.

Nothing much Citibank can do as it is legitimate charge, other than file fraud charges case. The charge from expedia even has the booking id. This make it even more legitimate than the airlines charges.

My main concern is how can expedia recharge my cc after 2-3 months. To me this indicate that expedia does store my cc number in their systems. Ok, i am not saying thy will anyhow charges, but the questions what kind of security mechanism they put in place to protect this info. There are many cases of cc info is being stolen. If hope the next case will not involve expedia

lingua101 May 18, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 24831838)
Isn't protection against fradulent and duplicated charges a feature of the card clearing organization (eg. AMEX, VISA, MC) which the card issuer needs to abide by regardless of which country the issuer resides?

How you proof it is duplicate when one charges happen in dec2014 and the other in feb2015. Not to mentioned the first charge was done by the airlines and rhe second was by expedia directly.