FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

tboons Mar 24, 2014 4:30 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22569311)
Someone replied your hwz post with the solution. Works fine.

Hi, mind sharing the solution or paste the link? Experienced the same problem.

lcpteck Mar 24, 2014 8:09 am

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 22577052)
Hi, mind sharing the solution or paste the link? Experienced the same problem.

Here's the solution regarding the java being blocked. I can no longer use myezlink mobile app to topup since I upgraded my Samsung S4 to version 4.4.2 (kitkat). :(

MilesBuzz Mar 24, 2014 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 22576928)
Just fyi, the HH Gold status is good only for one year. Doesn't last forever like the one that certain Amex Plat Charge card offers. :p

Yup....know that fact :) Anyway, I am not really going to keep the HH Gold status as I already have SPG & IHG Gold status. In fact, I received the free HH Gold status for like 2-3 times by now (with different CCs in HKG and SIN).

What I am targeting is for the 12-nights Hyatt Diamond challenge which is granted for HH Gold members but not for SPG or IHG Gold members :)

lcpteck Mar 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 22577836)
I can no longer use myezlink mobile app to topup since I upgraded my Samsung S4 to version 4.4.2 (kitkat). :(

Problem fixed with the latest update on myezlink mobile app, works on Kitkat.

LuisHK Mar 25, 2014 2:59 am

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 22561653)
Who knows, since we still can't register for online banking if we only hold a CC...I'm 26, and have held a credit card since I was 18 (back in Canada), and this is the very first time I've not had internet banking access. It is really strange to not be able to check my purchases/authorisations on a daily basis. :td:

http://www.anz.com/resources/9/7/976...df?MOD=AJPERES

That's a shame for ANZ. Not only I like to track my card on a daily basis, I like to track whenever I want it. For this very reason I've no choice but overlook this card.

Originally Posted by demue (Post 22561051)
So what are the gripes with the Citibank Premiermiles Amex other than the lower acceptance of Amex cards? I looked at the same Visa one and obviously like the 1.4mls on domestic spend better than 1.2mls. the 267S$ fee for 15K mls is quite a decent 1.78c/mls.

I also got an invite for the Citi Prestige card and do find the Visa with 1.4mls local spend intersting, but 535S$ for 25K mls is not that appealing at 2.14c/mls compared to the Premiermiles Amex. I would get 10% Relationship bonus on my spend, but not sure that improves it that much. I got plenty of Visa cards so leaning towards the Amex.

Thoughts? Did I overlook something? Many thanks.

The AMEX version of the card is not eligible for Citi Rebates. That is something pretty big thing missing IMO.

http://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credi...Code=SGCRELNAV

hclee01 Mar 25, 2014 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Aeran (Post 22394844)
Taking a closer look at my data I believe you're right. I had a 4 transactions post UNI$ on the same date so had to do a manual breakdown attributing the points and multipliers, and had the rounding mixed up, though it still came out to the right final UNI$ balance. This error led me to incorrectly assume a S$80.95 charge had been rounded up to $85 to earn 170 UNI$ (340 miles).

Recalculating to round to the nearest $5 mark (using MROUND instead of +/- MOD), the numbers still fall into place and it the rule is also consistent.

The data supports the theory that UNI$ are calculated based on closest $5 value (e.g. if above - or equal to? - $_2.50 then round up, else round down). This is based on 7 transactions on UOB PPV/PP AMEX starting Feb 12, 2014 as follows:

$194.90 rounded UP to $195
$48.65 rounded UP to $50
$258.90 rounded UP to $260
$224.70 rounded UP to $225
$337.45 rounded DOWN to $335
$80.95 rounded DOWN to $80
$27.65 rounded UP to $30

Just checking if anyone has been tracking their UNI$ earned on UOB cards lately? I just discovered that for transactions posted around 20 March 2014 onwards, it is back to the "Round down to the nearest S$5" for purpose of awarding UNI$. As such, any transactions below S$5 do not earn any UNI$. Anyone has such experience? Thanks.

lingua101 Mar 25, 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22572866)
=The 40k miles for HSBC Visa Infinite is better and I just know that I can use the HSBC Visa Infinite to also apply for the Hilton HHonours Gold Card. So, the card turns out to be quite handy :)

omg hsbc offering 40,000 miles now? :(

MilesBuzz Mar 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 22585630)
omg hsbc offering 40,000 miles now? :(

A slight correction, it was 45k miles (but need to pay them for the Mileage Program Fee and the Annual Fee).

MilesBuzz Mar 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 22584789)
Just checking if anyone has been tracking their UNI$ earned on UOB cards lately? I just discovered that for transactions posted around 20 March 2014 onwards, it is back to the "Round down to the nearest S$5" for purpose of awarding UNI$. As such, any transactions below S$5 do not earn any UNI$. Anyone has such experience? Thanks.

I have one transaction below S$5 which did not earn any UNI$ and indeed for other transactions after 20 March 2014, they were rounded down.

I also didn't receive 10x bonus for PayPal transaction and one online overseas transaction. Maybe will have to wait for these 2?

feizhu Mar 26, 2014 1:21 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 22587150)
I have one transaction below S$5 which did not earn any UNI$ and indeed for other transactions after 20 March 2014, they were rounded down.

I also didn't receive 10x bonus for PayPal transaction and one online overseas transaction. Maybe will have to wait for these 2?

Online overseas transaction (I presume its on your Visa Signature) will only show up in your next statement. 10x bonus for Paypal will depend on what you used Paypal to make payment for. If it's for air tickets, you won't be getting the bonus.

aster Mar 26, 2014 6:01 am

People, check your UNI$ balances, seems like some have gone missing a week ago...

carrotjuice Mar 26, 2014 6:35 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22590130)
People, check your UNI$ balances, seems like some have gone missing a week ago...

Explain? There's no way to check besides calling that appalling customer service number and asking them to verify each transaction one by one!?

aster Mar 26, 2014 7:20 am

Seems like they've just mass-voided all previous EZ-link transactions (stemming back to 2003) made using PPV.

feizhu Mar 26, 2014 7:31 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22590430)
Seems like they've just mass-voided all previous EZ-link transactions (stemming back to 2003) made using PPV.

I didn't encounter such an issue. In fact I just redeemed all my uni$ today :D

carrotjuice Mar 26, 2014 8:49 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 22590430)

How did you determine this? Was this shown on your latest statement?