FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

laurent_rio Jun 15, 15 6:13 pm

tired with EZLink Top and Tap page that always trouble and my phone cant installed EZlink mobile apps. For top up using Fevo/Imagine card still given 10x DBS Point using DBS Woman World MC ? correct ?

Volasia Jun 15, 15 11:03 pm

not very smart to mention this on an open forum...

Awesom Andy Jun 16, 15 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 24976596)

My expectation is that quite a few of these cards will be of no use to us in the near future...

aster Jun 16, 15 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 24976596)

This is the DBS WWMC though, which has had "damage limitation" built into it from the very outset. I don't think DBS is going to do anything about a card that caps the bonus points at the $2k threshold each month.

UOB had no limit on the PPV which is why they got taken for a ride by consumers...

awxm88 Jun 16, 15 6:11 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 24972716)
I'm not sure how accurate or how recent the data is as it's all crowd sourced since I opened it up last year or so. Sometimes the contributors put the dates as a reference of when they tested it.

hey guys- just got off the phone with UOB customer service and ran through the past 3 month transactions to check what's coded as a restaurant and what isn't. updated the sheet accordingly, hopefully that'll help.

even some of the borderline cases got 10X (eg atlantic restaurant at tower club which I thought they'd code as a club instead of a restaurant). da paolo gastronomia(which might have been a jones the grocer type situation where they say it's a marketplace) also got 10X.

kt85 Jun 16, 15 9:11 pm

has anyone received your expedia - citibank 6x miles credited into your account? Miles are supposed to be credited by 30 jun 2015 but it has yet to be posted.

Previous experience I had was that it will will be posted slightly earlier.

lcpteck Jun 16, 15 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by awxm88 (Post 24977455)
hey guys- just got off the phone with UOB customer service and ran through the past 3 month transactions to check what's coded as a restaurant and what isn't. updated the sheet accordingly, hopefully that'll help.

even some of the borderline cases got 10X (eg atlantic restaurant at tower club which I thought they'd code as a club instead of a restaurant). da paolo gastronomia(which might have been a jones the grocer type situation where they say it's a marketplace) also got 10X.

Thanks for your contribution to the cause. ^

lcpteck Jun 16, 15 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by kt85 (Post 24982123)
has anyone received your expedia - citibank 6x miles credited into your account? Miles are supposed to be credited by 30 jun 2015 but it has yet to be posted.

Previous experience I had was that it will will be posted slightly earlier.

My previous experience was they will credit plus or minus the due date. I suggest you wait till 1st July.

chewiegranolabar Jun 16, 15 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by chrispstan (Post 24958296)
Have used it and love it. 4 miles per $ for ALL online, PayWave and dining spend. Only catch is that this earn rate is classified a promotion and it's supposed to end next month. Fingers crossed that it gets extended.

I have been using this card (HSBC Advance) since December and spent around 30,000 and received 10x correctly. With 300,000 points, I get 120,000 miles (5,000 points per 2,000 miles).

Are there better cards for online spend?

w4rd Jun 17, 15 2:16 am

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 24982614)
I have been using this card (HSBC Advance) since December and spent around 30,000 and received 10x correctly. With 300,000 points, I get 120,000 miles (5,000 points per 2,000 miles).

Are there better cards for online spend?

Except for initial or special bonuses (e.g. Krisflyer Ascend, DBS Altitude) 4 miles per $ is as good as I've found online. I hope someone knows better...

Kilian Zoll Jun 17, 15 7:38 am

Originally Posted by w4rd (Post 24982998)
Except for initial or special bonuses (e.g. Krisflyer Ascend, DBS Altitude) 4 miles per $ is as good as I've found online. I hope someone knows better...

UOB Preferred Platinum Visa accrues 4x miles per $ spent online, no?

EDIT: Not better than 4 miles / $... misread.

lcpteck Jun 17, 15 9:20 am

I believe 4 miles per S$ spent is the best base rate here in Singapore. Unfortunately I don't have access to higher tiered CCs to confirm this.

chewiegranolabar Jun 17, 15 3:19 pm

The problem with UOB PPV is the 24,000 cap.

I'll be looking out for whether HSBC extends the 10x points promo for the Advance Visa card by end Jul

lcpteck Jun 17, 15 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by chewiegranolabar (Post 24986851)
The problem with UOB PPV is the 24,000 cap.

That's S$12k spend right? Still good for me since I don't spend that much on UOB PPV.

laurent_rio Jun 17, 15 8:01 pm

Hi,

Can we pay credit card bill use Amex Imagine/Fevo card so can generate another 10 DBS point (top up using DBS WWC) : D

Other question, now i pay rent per month around 750$; is there any way i can generate 750$ i pay into miles (i always pay by cash or transfer to landlord)