Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bj2757
<snip>I am a 76 year old white male<snip>
You are not the demographic that they are typically looking for. No offense. I am very close to that very same demographic. I get bumped from over 50% of surveys from the get-go.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by apeortdz
You are not the demographic that they are typically looking for. No offense. I am very close to that very same demographic. I get bumped from over 50% of surveys from the get-go.
I hear you - and agree. I still (up until the last month) have been getting $600 a month to redeem - but having to click through 5-10 surveys just to get 1 I qualify for when they have that data and advertise they do everything they can to get us good surveys - is pretty sad.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
What makes people assume that there is only one particular demographic that surveys are aimed at? I'm sure there are a variety of different kinds of surveys aimed at a variety of different demographics.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
What makes people assume that there is only one particular demographic that surveys are aimed at? I'm sure there are a variety of different kinds of surveys aimed at a variety of different demographics.
I don't think anyone said that - "typical demographic" doesn't mean only one. I realize as an older, white male who is retired I'm going to have fewer matches - my only objection is they send them to me anyway.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Also, it's one thing to be dropped from the survey up front. It's quite another to get the demographic questions and get kicked out at the end of the survey after you've already spent a lot of time its questions, and for some reason there are some surveys that do that stuff at the end. That ticks me off no end.

FTF
bob12403, ShopAround and apeortdz like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Also, it's one thing to be dropped from the survey up front. It's quite another to get the demographic questions and get kicked out at the end of the survey after you've already spent a lot of time its questions, and for some reason there are some surveys that do that stuff at the end. That ticks me off no end.

FTF
Absolutely agree. I don't mind getting kicked out on Q4 when they see that I am an older white male. But when that happens on Q32 it is very irritating and not worth the 25 cents.
bob12403 and hurnik like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:11 pm

Absolutely agree. I don't mind getting kicked out on Q4 when they see that I am an older white male. But when that happens on Q32 it is very irritating and not worth the 25 cents.
Just tell them that you are a 36-year-old CEO of a Fortune 500 company. You will qualify for a lot more surveys that way.
brabb12 and Tilly71 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
Do you find them not responsive, or are you concerned they might lock your account? In addition to getting them to successfully resolve a couple of account issues, I've contacted them in the past about not receiving any compensation for completed surveys. In most cases I've received e-rewards dollars in amounts up to full compensation.
It used to be in the past that they locked your account if you contacted them so I do everything not to contact them anymore.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I have been an e-rewards panel member since its inception, about 3 months ago the surveys stopped coming. I used to get 2-3 /week. Anyone else notice that they are just not sending them anymore?

PS: I did verify they they aer not being blocked and my prefs areset to 10+ surveys/week.

Anyone have inside info on the e-rewards drought????
Any survey quoted by Dynata I seem to only qualify 10% of the time in recent weeks.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:47 am

I had not received any survey invatations this year. I emailed e-rewards and asked them if there was a problem. A few days later I got an email telling me my account was now reset and I would now be elegible for new surveys. Since that email I am getting one survey opportunity a day.
No idea what happened.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Just tell them that you are a 36-year-old CEO of a Fortune 500 company. You will qualify for a lot more surveys that way.
I can only hope that people don't share their actual personal data with e-rewards...
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:54 pm

I have done at least 50 surveys today and NOT ONE OF THEM had that stupid check point about what you dislike about technology. Maybe that is a thing of the past. Anybody else notice this?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:19 pm

Does anyone else have problems with the redemption to Hilton points? For a very long time redemptions have always taken around a week to credit. Meanwhile I am waiting for more than a month for several redemptions ...
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by skytruck
Does anyone else have problems with the redemption to Hilton points? For a very long time redemptions have always taken around a week to credit. Meanwhile I am waiting for more than a month for several redemptions ...
I've only had one issue with Hilton awards redemptions. I redeemed for 7,000 HH points. After two weeks my Reward History for that reward changed from "Pending" to "Complete", but six weeks later I still had not received the points. I then wrote e-rewards, and one week and several updates later from e-rewards I was still waiting for the points, which they assured me would be coming. Eventually I did get the points, although I don't remember exactly how much longer it took. Based solely on that experience, I would say that if you don't receive your points in another week or so it likely means something has gone wrong with the redemption and you need write them.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
I have done at least 50 surveys today and NOT ONE OF THEM had that stupid check point about what you dislike about technology. Maybe that is a thing of the past. Anybody else notice this?
I received one more of those %$#$% annoying check points after you posted this, but nothing since then. Fingers crossed they've finally put us out of our misery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.