Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:33 am

Does anyone else find technical issues with surveys whilst using the app?
I keep finding submit or continue buttons not functioning.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:43 am

I find on the app I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page sometimes to make the buttons become "active". Also, some have a "delay" built in, before they become active, presumably to keep one from going too fast through the surveys. Or all of the above is part of my active imagination...
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Tilly71
I completed about three weeks ago now one of those invitation surveys to complete a daily diary on gambling site adverts.
Q is how long after completing & submitting your weekly diary entries does the reward points take to be credited?
I've done a bunch of these over the years, and it varies widely, probably depending on the company sponsoring the survey. Inquiries to e-rewards usually result in being told expect a time frame of up to 6-8 weeks. My experience tends to be more in the 4-6 week range, although a few have posted much faster. The difficulty comes when you have more than one outstanding, and when only one of them posts, you don't know which one it's for.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Let's hope so. I suspect it requires a couple days to reset as I just tried and the "opportunity expired" still there. Will try again after 2 days lapse.
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Could you have been using a VPN or maybe your ISP might have made it look like you were in a different country? Ignoring the pre-screening that takes place on e-rewards' own site, when they send you off for a proper paid survey I think they make a number of checks such as that your IP address matches the country whose panel you signed up to. I live in the UK but, inexplicably, my devices often report me as being in The Netherlands!
No luck. When tried again 3 days later on Friday - BOTH accounts got the "opportunity expired" message, using either Firefox or Chrome. Incognito or not.

I sent a request under Survey Technical Issue from husband's account. Will report back what they say if and when they reply on the ticket next week.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by randix
I find on the app I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page sometimes to make the buttons become "active". Also, some have a "delay" built in, before they become active, presumably to keep one from going too fast through the surveys. Or all of the above is part of my active imagination...
Definitely a delay on some continue buttons I found today but over the last week I have had to abandon atleast four surveys due to continue buttons not functioning.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:37 pm

Can't get passed one survey that requires personal information

I have accumulated a bunch of e-rewards invites that I finally got around to do it. Funny thing is every single survey I clicked always brought me back to the one that requires me to input my full name and full address, after answering the pre-qualified questions.

After ten+ more tries, I gave up. Is it normal?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, yes. It happens sometimes a survey is stuck due to some technical problem and you cannot complete any other unless it expires.
If the survey is not stuck you can at least disqualify yourself or enter some false information if you do not want to supply real one.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by bob12403
I've been doing e-rewards for over a decade, and in the last 1-2 years I've had my account frozen more times than in all the prior years, even though I have done absolutely nothing different or in violation of the T&C, and always provide them with honest answers. I think they may have stepped up their screening process to "catch" people who they believe are answering too quickly, and/or perhaps trying to answer too many surveys in a single day. (Total conjecture on my part.)

Typically what happens is that even though I can access my account, I have no surveys in the dashboard, and I stop receiving offers via email. In addition, when I try to redeem for an award, I get the dreaded "Error message QSB0303-17." In general, my experience after writing them has been that after waiting 7-10 days I receive an email with some boilerplate advice to clear the cache, try a different browser, etc etc. I write them back, politely tell them none of those things work, and there is something happening on their end. The next response usually comes several days later telling me that the problem has been resolved.
I had this a while ago and got a run around for weeks, at which point they said they would reenable my account as a courtesy, like they were doing me a favor after catching a criminal. I’ve been doing them intermittently for over a decade, just based on my available time. Never earned all that much compared to some here, just a gift card or miles every month or two. I generally avoided the longer term survey invites because I couldn’t commit to the time, but I just did a two week one at the end of last month which had daily checkins. Upon completion of that I suddenly don’t see anything anymore, my “account completion” rate went from 100% to 12%, and even though being marked as their “Diamond” status (which I don’t care about) it looks like they decided to silently cut me off again. Last time was also right after a big payment for doing a live survey that ran for 90-120 minutes, so it seems to me that a big payment is getting me flagged, even though they offered it.

Seems to me that there are some shady people involved, and if there aren’t then shame on them for just being that incompetent. I’ve tired of them and don’t have the interest or time to try and fight with them to help them out. I do something where I can see the value of good useful feedback and how hard it can be to collect which is why I was willing to give some time to help (the rewards were never actually worth my time), but if they can’t keep their act together them they’ve lost my efforts to give them some time and feedback.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:11 pm

no gold crown for e-rewards :)

Originally Posted by StSebastian
I do something where I can see the value of good useful feedback and how hard it can be to collect which is why I was willing to give some time to help.
The folks at e-rewards and whatever company(s) own them, are not out to help the world by collecting "good useful feedback", they are in business to make money (nothing wrong with that, per se), and are "using" us (with our permission) by throwing us some breadcrumbs which we've each decided for ourselves, is sufficiently worth our time (not to say we don't grumble about it on occasion), which said crumbs sometimes we receive...and sometimes we don't, sometimes we "fight" for them, and sometimes we just let it go as it's not worth our add'l time... it's really great that you want to help businesses get "good useful feedback" (and that's not sarcasm), but I think most would agree there are better outlets worthy of your energies to help out in this world than e-rewards, if you have the time and the inclination to do so... speaking only for myself, it fills a few idle moments of my life, for which I get some airline miles, in return for which I'm happy to honestly respond to their surveys, but have no illusion as to their "mission" 😵‍💫
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Oh, I get that. I’m just thinking that if it was my business I would run it differently, but that’s more of my philosophies than being a cutthroat profiteer that only focuses on the short-term. I want to make that success, but I also think about more long term development/maturing the business foundation and have a (sometimes misguided) belief in people being supportive and not exploitive. Those that have met me at prior Do events would likely concur.

I’m thinking more about the marketers that are writing the (sometimes very poorly designed) surveys, especially when they’re working on product design and fit. And maybe I’m being too altruistic there, but I just know how hard it can be for me to get activity and feedback on my projects, so I commiserate with these other people (that may not exist and may not appreciate my efforts). I still work on giving feedback directly to companies that ask for it when I interact with them, so I expect they are at least marginally more interested in that. Anyway, just wanted to add my recent experiences to this thread, to give feedback for any others that may be annoyed with them.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a boiler plate reply on the "opportunity expired" issue. No use.

However I discovered using iPad and Safari, can go thru Invite link or surveys on eReward site upon log in - no hiccup despite many only yield $0.25 after over 5 min into eligibility screening, rather annoying.

Since all devices use the same home network therefore same IP address, I have to conclude this is not related to IP address. It only happens on Desktop regardless Firefox or Chrome, though with sporadically success between the frequent "opportunity expired" messages. I replied to their boiler plate message pointing out that fact. Meanwhile will use iPad instead.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
No luck. When tried again 3 days later on Friday - BOTH accounts got the "opportunity expired" message, using either Firefox or Chrome. Incognito or not.

I sent a request under Survey Technical Issue from husband's account. Will report back what they say if and when they reply on the ticket next week.
and here I thought it was just me it was happening to

A DP whenever I had a hotel stay and did them no problems at all, just like old times. Get home and for a day or 2 I could do them w/o any problems then bingo back to the "opportunity expired"
Happy likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Anyone here accepted an e-rewards enrollment offer from Magazine Gold??

Family member received an e-rewards enrollment offer from Magazine Gold. Both the offer and the signup page specify "You can redeem your currency for rewards, such as: iTunes, Amazon, American Airlines miles, and more!" There are also logos of those 3 companies on the offer email. This person flies United almost exclusively, and AA miles are of no value. Has anyone here enrolled in e-rewards via Magazine Gold, and if so, can you share if United is on the rewards list? Thanks very much.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It also looks like you might be able to sign up without an invitation now via the phone app. I’d look into that.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
It also looks like you might be able to sign up without an invitation now via the phone app. I’d look into that.
You need a referral code on the phone app. That's the box immediately above the big orange "join" button on the login page of the app.

Last edited by bob12403; Feb 23, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.