Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:44 pm

don't know if related but i get the same (fail) on hertz redemptions,no problem w others. never had issue before.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Has anyone tried redeeming for a $25 Uber gift card? I have tried twice in the past two days and both times the process failed. I am able to redeem other awards so that is not the problem.
Originally Posted by randix
don't know if related but i get the same (fail) on hertz redemptions,no problem w others. never had issue before.
I put a help ticket in - will let you know what they say.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I put a help ticket in - will let you know what they say.
They said they would fix - wait 72 hours and try again.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Hertz Leaving E-rewards July 30

Per the email I just received from e-rewards:

"We just wanted to let you know thatHertz Gold Plus Rewards™will no longer be available as a reward option in the eRewards reward center starting July 30.Should you wish to, please redeem your eRewards Currency for Gold Plus Rewards™ by July 29."
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:16 am

That is one big bummer (e-rewards discontinuing Hertz as a reward option), and (for me), one more reason to not spend my extra moments on the site.

Last edited by randix; Jul 14, 2022 at 8:17 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
That is one big bummer (e-rewards discontinuing Hertz as a reward option), and (for me), one more reason to not spend my extra moments on the site.
I understand your frustration. If United suddenly backed out of the program I would be very, very unhappy. But when I was accumulating Hertz points and renting through them, I found the inconsistencies of the e-rewards points postings to be problematic. When coupled with the Hertz devaluation several years ago AND their increasing notoriety regarding the treatment of customers, I decided to cash out my Hertz points last year and no longer have any need to earn more.

Sorry you feel e-rewards will no longer offer any value to you. I still find the program to be well worth my time, as I cash in for United miles and Hilton points, as well as Apple and Best Buy GC. Personally, it would please me greatly if e-rewards decided to replace Hertz with National.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I can find value in a lot of different reward partners. I spent the spring running up Accor points ahead of a European road trip. Will probably beef up the United balance a bit when I get home and then switch back over to mostly redeeming for hotel points for a while after that.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:41 pm

Has anyone had issues lately with Hertz redemptions in particular getting posted?
No, just redeemed out of husbands account. Posted within 3-4 days.I noticed that Hertz rewards typically get batch processed on Tuesdays. And on unrelated side note, my own precious redemption to Hertz last year got expired by Hertz within a couple of days due to inactive account (no rentals within 18 months - gosh! Didn't they miss the global pandemic news?) Hertz told me to have a paid rental to "reactivate account" so that points can be reinstated.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:20 am

I never got that email, eg that the Hertz reward will no longer be available starting 7/30. I just successfully redeemed a Hertz reward, but it took me 4 tries (got "fail" and my points were credited back each time on the prior 3 attempts).

Will be sorry to see Hertz availability go, if the email you received is accurate... I realize that the usefulness of the various available rewards, vary from person to person...
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:07 am

Yep, Hertz has disappeared from my e-reward redemption menu... rest in peace.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by fungirl
No, just redeemed out of husbands account. Posted within 3-4 days.I noticed that Hertz rewards typically get batch processed on Tuesdays. And on unrelated side note, my own precious redemption to Hertz last year got expired by Hertz within a couple of days due to inactive account (no rentals within 18 months - gosh! Didn't they miss the global pandemic news?) Hertz told me to have a paid rental to "reactivate account" so that points can be reinstated.
I did the quick paid rental (didn't take the car out of the lot) the last time I realize they were going to take away my points. Unfortunately they didn't alert me, and I forgot it, and they took them all away... Obviously haven't used them in awhile - but still.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:42 am

Yep, Hertz has disappeared from my e-reward redemption menu... rest in peace.
Same here - but they added "The Vitamin Shop" !!! :-)
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:17 pm

More often than not, when I click on a survey about "Social Topics" or "Home and Family," the survey is actually about corporate IT purchases.

If e-rewards wants us customers to be honest in our survey answers, they might want to be a little more honest about the survey descriptions.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bj2757
Same here - but they added "The Vitamin Shop" !!! :-)
Hey don’t knock it, It’s a better redemption than a one year subscription to Wine Specgator magazine.

The Hertz expiration rules made me a bit wary of redeeming for them. I find that Flying Blue coming back as an award partner is a lot more useful for me since all my FB miles are for non-flight activities and I can always find a way to push out expiration on those.
bj2757 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
More often than not, when I click on a survey about "Social Topics" or "Home and Family," the survey is actually about corporate IT purchases.

If e-rewards wants us customers to be honest in our survey answers, they might want to be a little more honest about the survey descriptions.
Careful - you'll get banned! :-) Three times in the last few years I complained because I am disqualified from 7 out of 10 surveys after the first couple of questions - my age, race and sex. I told e-Rewards you have all that data and a hell of a lot more - how about doing your job and not sending me surveys I am not elig for and quit wasting my time. All three times my account was suspended within days :-) So far they always let me back in :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.