Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Got given 200 points after complaining. Still annoying and I'm likely to take the same approach in skipping these from now on.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:16 pm

Is anyone else being prompted for a text or call before every redemption not just once a year?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Is anyone else being prompted for a text or call before every redemption not just once a year?
Yeah but then I regularly redeem every 2-4 days so I suspect it’s because I’m a high volume user. It’s been happening for a long time now.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
They REALLY need a "Report this survey" button when you get kicked out. Not that they can investigate every complaint but they could at least look at percentages and sort out the abusers.

I got burned after an hour-long Zoom discussion on investing that was supposed to pay something like $100. I even followed up with e-Rewards but they were unable to get the points. I swore I'd never do anything that involved again but signed up for 75-minute discussions on 2 nights on climate change. Interesting, thought-provoking discussion and they promised $160. I got $416 in e-Rewards currency a few days later. . I can't redeem it all immediately because of time limits on the rewards I really value, but I'm happy.

I was in Europe for 3 weeks and didn't answer surveys. Interestingly, a reward of $17.75 from a phone interview that I'd done before I left posted very soon after I started surveys again. No problem getting new surveys but I was annoyed when I tried to redeem for Hilton points from Europe after the required time since the last redemption had elapsed and the verification call went to my home land line. I had to wait till I got home. (I'm very protective of my mobile number.)

While I wish they'd do a better job policing the surveys that steal my opinions for pity points, I'm seeing more lucrative surveys more often now.
brabb12 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Athena53
...I swore I'd never do anything that involved again but signed up for 75-minute discussions on 2 nights on climate change. Interesting, thought-provoking discussion and they promised $160. I got $416 in e-Rewards currency a few days later. . I can't redeem it all immediately because of time limits on the rewards I really value, but I'm happy...
Did you think they were promising just $160 in e-Rewards currency rather than in USD? There is about a 3 to 1 ratio in gift card redemption value (last time I looked); $75 e-Rewards currency gets a $25 gift card. So $416 e-Rewards = $139 USD approx. Close enough to $160, I guess.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Did you think they were promising just $160 in e-Rewards currency rather than in USD? There is about a 3 to 1 ratio in gift card redemption value (last time I looked); $75 e-Rewards currency gets a $25 gift card. So $416 e-Rewards = $139 USD approx. Close enough to $160, I guess.
KathyWdrf and Athena53, I too participated in the climate change panel. After being made the offer to participate at the end of a short initial survey, I had two subsequent calls from Dynata to schedule the panel discussions. IIRC, both times I was told during the calls that the promised reward was simply for a total of "$150"--there was never any mention of it being paid in e-reward dollars. But the $150 in the form of $416 e-reward dollars posted to my account just a few days after the second panel discussion. I'm fine with that, as it will allow me to redeem for more airline miles.

Last edited by bob12403; Oct 3, 2022 at 2:39 am
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
That's my experience too... I've done offline panel discussions and the payment was in e-rewards dollars.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
That's my experience too... I've done offline panel discussions and the payment was in e-rewards dollars.
Mostly true in my experience, but I seem to recall at least a couple that promised payment in cash and delivered.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by bob12403
KathyWdrf and Athena53, I too participated in the climate change panel. After being made the offer to participate at the end of a short initial survey, I had two subsequent calls from Dynata to schedule the panel discussions. IIRC, both times I was told during the calls that the promised reward was simply for a total of "$150"--there was never any mention of it being paid in e-reward dollars. But the $150 in the form of $416 e-reward dollars posted to my account just a few days after the second panel discussion. I'm fine with that, as it will allow me to redeem for more airline miles.
I'm not sure if you understood my point. There is a huge difference in value between $150 USD and $150 in e-rewards -- about a three to one ratio. So it's helpful to know what you are being promised -- both the numeric amount and the units.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:47 pm

I'm not sure if you understood my point. There is a huge difference in value between $150 USD and $150 in e-rewards -- about a three to one ratio. So it's helpful to know what you are being promised -- both the numeric amount and the units.
I do understand your point. From my hectic conversation with the Dynata people I understood that the offer was $150 USD. Either they weren't clear, or I misunderstood, or a combination of the two. But whatever, I received $416 e-rewards, which are not only very useful to me, but also by your own math falls pretty close to the 3 to 1 ratio that you mention, so it's pretty much a wash. If they had given me $150 e-rewards I would have been complaining long and loud to Dynata.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
FYI, I have been tracking e-rewards money versus real US dollars for a few years. The actual conversion percentage seems to remain at about 36.05%. And this lines up very well with the $416 versus $150 discussion above.
bob12403 and brabb12 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I would have been happy with either but was especially happy with $416 in e-Rewards dollars. I agree with your ratio.

Maybe Dynata gathered people from other survey-type sites and used US $150 as a "generic" value of the rewards through any particular site.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:02 am

$15 e-rewards bonus offer

May be targeted, received an email 10/18 with the subject "$15 Halloween Boo-nus for [bob12403] inside." Halloween themed offer, complete 5 surveys by 10/31 for $15 bonus. I completed five and the bonus posted [GASP!] the next day.
Good luck!
apeortdz likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by bob12403
May be targeted, received an email 10/18 with the subject "$15 Halloween Boo-nus for [bob12403] inside." Halloween themed offer, complete 5 surveys by 10/31 for $15 bonus. I completed five and the bonus posted [GASP!] the next day.
Good luck!
I received it the day after I completed 10 surveys. Since I received it I have qualified for one $1 survey :-) Plenty of time left though.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:02 am

The bonus posted instantly when I completed 5 surveys, all of which were very short surveys.
apeortdz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.