Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:27 pm

Nope, got one this morning.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:31 pm

My last redemption took six weeks.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Yesterday and today - every survey I tried came back with a message that the survey had expired. That is unusual. I was able to redeem a Home Depot gift card today so I know my account is still in good standing. Anybody else have every survey show as expired? Weird!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Yesterday and today - every survey I tried came back with a message that the survey had expired. That is unusual. I was able to redeem a Home Depot gift card today so I know my account is still in good standing. Anybody else have every survey show as expired? Weird!
UPDATE - Today my surveys are working but oddly enough, every one of them gave me 25c.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I am having an "interesting" discussion with E-rewards. A couple of weeks ago I had a $9 survey about air fresheners. It boiled down to a bunch of questions about a new Glade Candle. When the survey was over I was asked if I would be willing to home test the product. I said yes and provided my information. Once I did that I was sent to the "Sorry" screen and didn't get the $9. I immediately sent an inquiry to E-rewards and included the last URL I was able to grab. They came back and said it was a 15 minute survey and that I had been screened out after 80 seconds. I went back and said that was ridiculous. They came back and said if I could furnish them a copy of the email invite for the survey, and all the data for the survey they would look into it. I went back and said exactly how am I supposed to get that info once I am sent to the "sorry" screen? Does anyone actually save all the email invites? I do anywhere from 10 to 30 a day normally - and how would I know what the survey was for after the fact - the email just says a general category, the amount and estimated time - and most are the same. Anyway I received the candle over the weekend and just before I received it I received another email saying it's on the way, and provided some instructions - like don't light it before you hear from us again etc. I got the email saying go ahead and light it, asked me some questions and said I'd get another email with more questions. I forwarded these to E-rewards - nothing. Today I got the last follow up email. I forwarded that to E-rewards, recapped all the prior stuff and told them when they figured out how to pay me for the survey I'd answer the questionnaire. I'll probably get booted. But after having good luck for several months I'm getting more and more surveys that ask all the questions, then ask you demographics at the end and screen you out - and E-reawrds thinks that's just fine...so we're not best pals now anyway :-)
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Several months ago I forgot what product's survey I experienced the exact same thing. Then another one asked if you were willing to do another survey you earned additional points. NOTHING, incl the initially successfully finished survey. Did not bother to send an email but since then anything about whether you are willing to do an additional survey to earn additional points, I passed.

Then I was booted on a survey from JD Power at 67% completed, saying I was not qualified. This time I sent email to complain. They ended up gave 50% of the credit because they found "I spent more than half of the time on the survey which should have stopped accepting new participants at the time but somehow let me thru..."

My goal doing the surveys are for the ability to extend airline / hotel programs so I only do a bunch once every 7 to 10 days. Most of them were 0.25 per pop but once I got about $10 for that exercise I stopped wasting my time.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Minor whine- the usual conversion seems to be 3 e-rewards dollars equals 1 USD or one euro in redemption value. Did an in-depth focus group with them last week that was supposed to be 30 euros paid to my panel account but I was only credited $88 to my US e-rewards account instead. Did they do dynamic currency conversion on that or something?

Also for anyone who is looking for a public sign-up link, last week I noticed there was one for Accor for a number of countries though it didn’t look like it was live for the USA. I’m not sure what award redemption options that would generate but it’s something.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:23 pm

Today, I had an interesting experience on e-rewards.

This morning, I clicked on a $5 (15 minute) survey labeled “Home & Family.” I then proceeded to answer numerous questions on my home laundering practices. At the end of the survey, I was asked if I would be willing to have my home laundering monitored for four months by way of a smart plug and a modem/router attached to my washing machine, along with a digital scale to weigh how much detergent I used for each load.

At the end of the survey, I would be required to return the smart plug, router, and scale, but that Home Depot would deliver and install a brand new, “auto-dosing” washing machine (brand not specified) and haul away my old machine.

OK, my old machine (Kenmore) is probably 20 years old. It has been the Old Faithful of appliances, so I am not eager to throw it away, but I know it won’t last forever, and free is free, after all.

Has anyone else received a similar offer, or have an (informed) opinion on this deal? They asked for my street address and phone number, but none of the questions seemed overly intrusive. (They are supposed to call in 5 - 7 days with more information.)

it seems weird, but I don’t see any risk (so far).

Comments?
bj2757 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Minor whine- the usual conversion seems to be 3 e-rewards dollars equals 1 USD or one euro in redemption value. Did an in-depth focus group with them last week that was supposed to be 30 euros paid to my panel account but I was only credited $88 to my US e-rewards account instead. Did they do dynamic currency conversion on that or something?

Also for anyone who is looking for a public sign-up link, last week I noticed there was one for Accor for a number of countries though it didn’t look like it was live for the USA. I’m not sure what award redemption options that would generate but it’s something.
75 e-rewards dollars equals one 25 USD gift card, but 25 USD in rewards for participating in a study gets converted into about 69 plus come change (I forget how many cents exactly) in e-rewards dollars. Based on this conversion rate and the current EUR/USD exchange rate, there doesn't appear to be any dynamic currency conversion involved in your case.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Today, I had an interesting experience on e-rewards.

This morning, I clicked on a $5 (15 minute) survey labeled “Home & Family.” I then proceeded to answer numerous questions on my home laundering practices. At the end of the survey, I was asked if I would be willing to have my home laundering monitored for four months by way of a smart plug and a modem/router attached to my washing machine, along with a digital scale to weigh how much detergent I used for each load.

At the end of the survey, I would be required to return the smart plug, router, and scale, but that Home Depot would deliver and install a brand new, “auto-dosing” washing machine (brand not specified) and haul away my old machine.

OK, my old machine (Kenmore) is probably 20 years old. It has been the Old Faithful of appliances, so I am not eager to throw it away, but I know it won’t last forever, and free is free, after all.

Has anyone else received a similar offer, or have an (informed) opinion on this deal? They asked for my street address and phone number, but none of the questions seemed overly intrusive. (They are supposed to call in 5 - 7 days with more information.)

it seems weird, but I don’t see any risk (so far).

Comments?
Are they letting you keep the washing machine at the end of the 4 months?
brabb12 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Are they letting you keep the washing machine at the end of the 4 months?
I think the new machine isn't delivered until after the survey is completed. The new machine is auto-dosing, and the purpose of the survey is to determine how much detergent I
have been using in my old machine (I think). I will find out more when they call next week. I am still a little skeptical.
brabb12 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I think the new machine isn't delivered until after the survey is completed. The new machine is auto-dosing, and the purpose of the survey is to determine how much detergent I
have been using in my old machine (I think). I will find out more when they call next week. I am still a little skeptical.
keep us in the loop. I've been doing a laundry monitoring study with them since Sept 2020. Was supposed to be 1 year but they increased the time, and I just keep doing it since they pay me $56 E-rewards per month for monitoring the laundry soap. Sometimes they offer additional dollars for continuing to monitor it but I just keep going with the program. Wonder if I can get a new washer after I'm done with the study also. Lol
Old May 11, 2022, 10:39 am

New error I am getting about every third survey...it says:
Internal Error
Please contact support
Anybody else seeing a lot of this?
brabb12 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:55 pm

Removed post

Last edited by brabb12; May 13, 2022 at 6:32 pm
Old May 14, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Just when I thought I had seen everything. I am still waiting for E-rewards to determine if I really took a $9 survey about candles after which they sent me a candle to try out and then sent ,e the packaging to return it - but after a month they can't determine if I actually took the survey.. Ok that upsets me but tonight I had a $15 survey all about new TV programs on a streaming service. Page after page of questions about new shows, what I have seen, what services we use etc - then it says I need to watch a 45 minute video and then answer questions. So I do, the show is so so, I answer all the many pages of questions about the show and it asks a couple more demographic questions and kicks me out! Grrrr. We'll see what they say about my inquiry...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.