Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Either that, or it's a lone wolf employee that's reinstating them
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:56 am

If that's true...

Originally Posted by diburning
Either that, or it's a lone wolf employee that's reinstating them
Then he was not born the smartest of the lot, as he sent me an email re-activating my account with his name!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Maybe someone has read this thread and realised what a PR battering they are getting.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Their facebook page is full of complaints too.

I would not be surprised if someone contacted their attorney general, and they're quietly reinstating accounts to prevent legal issues.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Saral
I'm in the UK and Virgin Airlines has disappeared of the list of redemption companies in the last three weeks...a blip or forever?
It does indeed seem gone..................

Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by randix
Just maybe they had a "lone wolf" employee who got his kicks terminating accounts at random, he got his cover blown and now they are trying to undo the damage...ok, that's pure speculation, humor, and creative imagination, but it sure would make for a good story!
spoke to soon! those sneaky scam artist ponzi scheme shysters blocked my account again. i cllicked a new survey alert from my email and they were asking a bunch of questions that seemed sneakily suspicous like the last time however i continued answering them against my better judgement.

shortly after i attempted to log in and says account inactive. im so angry right now. i had i think 60+ edollars in there, i knew i should have redeemed them first before answering those sneaky questions.

let that be a lesson to all of you when they start asking personal questions instead of potential survey screeners, clear your account first!!!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Anyone else having a problem redeeming for United miles? I've been trying for the past three days and every time after hitting "submit", i get this

"Sorry, there is a problem processing your request. Please try again later."
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I redeemed last week for UA without issue.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Anyone else having a problem redeeming for United miles? I've been trying for the past three days and every time after hitting "submit", i get this

I get the same error message
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Flowchecker
Originally Posted by goalie

At least it's not just me and I just tried to redeem a few minutes ago and all three United redemptions ($25, $50 & $100) are now showing as out of stock so perhaps as with other redemptions, availability will show in a few days
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flowchecker
Me too. Wrote them and said they are looking into it. Kind a relief to hear this is happening to others since I was afraid this was another sort of account status scam like they've been running the last 6 months. Hope they get it fixed.

FTF
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:40 am

There is info that UA miles are out of stock
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by chester0
There is info that UA miles are out of stock
Yup-as this is what I get when I try and redeem for United miles
Attached Images  
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
spoke to soon! those sneaky scam artist ponzi scheme shysters blocked my account again. i cllicked a new survey alert from my email and they were asking a bunch of questions that seemed sneakily suspicous like the last time however i continued answering them against my better judgement.

shortly after i attempted to log in and says account inactive. im so angry right now. i had i think 60+ edollars in there, i knew i should have redeemed them first before answering those sneaky questions.

let that be a lesson to all of you when they start asking personal questions instead of potential survey screeners, clear your account first!!!
That is a big mistake... once your acct was reactivated you should've claimed your reward, immediately. I'm sure that was your regret when your account was first frozen. And yet, you didn't claim as soon as you were able.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a survey yesterday that asked for my nine-digit zip code as one of the very first questions, before I even knew what the survey was about. I supplied my five-digit zip code instead, and that was insufficient. So I exited the survey. No way was I going to supply sufficient information for some unknown entity to know almost precisely where I live.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.