Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
The one about jewellery and watches is a scam too.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:44 am

Survey for your child to answer Q on brand toys scammed me this week. It asks for your child to answer their impression of brands, we did and not in a negative way and it threw our child out of the survey.
I think it's based on a point system, they enter what points the threshold is and if you fall below their criteria even after completing successful the profiling your gone!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you really like long surveys, don't bother with the survey on chicken fast food restaurants. KFC asks about every little detail about your last experience eating at one. Such as -- were the napkins brown or white? Was there a logo on the napkins, or not? Were the napkins in a bulk self-serve container or pre-packaged with a utensil? And did you fetch the napkins yourself or were they provided with the meal? There were ENDLESS questions about the food itself.

I acurately told the survey that the last time I ate chicken fast food was about two months ago. So how KFC, expected me to remember things like whether the mashed potatoes came in a styrofoam container or a plastic container, I don't know.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:11 am

Last month I took a survey on tennis. At the end of the survey I was asked to enter my email address and in return, I would receive a $20 Amazon gift certificate. About a week later, e-rewards informed me that they made a mistake in making that offer and credited my account with $10 in e-rewards currency. I complained and they told me they have no Amazon gift certs to give out and credited me with another $10 in e-rewards currency.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Last month I took a survey on tennis. At the end of the survey I was asked to enter my email address and in return, I would receive a $20 Amazon gift certificate. About a week later, e-rewards informed me that they made a mistake in making that offer and credited my account with $10 in e-rewards currency. I complained and they told me they have no Amazon gift certs to give out and credited me with another $10 in e-rewards currency.
But $20 in erewards "dollars" would NOT be enough for a $20 Amazon gift certificate even if they did have them.

For example, a $25 iTunes or Starbucks gift certificate costs $75 in erewards currency.

So you got cheated. They should have given you at least $60 worth of erewards bucks.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:10 am

Is it just me or are we receiving a lot more 100 & 200 point surveys since last week? On average I used to get 300 - 500 pts per survey.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Is it just me or are we receiving a lot more 100 & 200 point surveys since last week? On average I used to get 300 - 500 pts per survey.
I'm getting lots of small value ones too. I don't mind because I can knock them out in 3 or 4 minutes.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:39 am

Scam survey alert!
on mobile pocket picture printers, completed and does not go to feedback star page for rewards, just disqualifies you. I got it again on rewards for opinions so gave it a go thinking it was previously a one time glitch that day and no, scammed me a 2nd time - no rewards page.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Scam survey alert!
on mobile pocket picture printers, completed and does not go to feedback star page for rewards, just disqualifies you. I got it again on rewards for opinions so gave it a go thinking it was previously a one time glitch that day and no, scammed me a 2nd time - no rewards page.
Got it a third time - I disqualified myself just for the 25 pts. 😆
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:44 am

Angry

I also got a message that my account was inactivated when I tried logging on. I contacted them and asked why? I received an email from an Andre, that my inquiry was under review and it may take a few days. After a week and not hearing back from them, I contacted them again to inquirer. They, Andre, told me it was taking a bit longer and that they should have an answer by the end of the week. Well the week past an no reply from Andrea or anyone. After a month went by from my first contacting them I again contacted them. Now I received a reply from Andre that they identified several discrepancies in my account and that my account was terminated and that I could no longer participate in e-reward surveys. I contacted Andre again and asked, what were the discrepancies that I supposedly had violated. All I got back was, "As stated, discrepancies were identified with your account and it has been terminated permanently. All points I had accumulated lost. I found this forum and knew I needed to share my experience.....
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:43 am

Be careful with an Opinionbar survey. They ask you for your house number and street address. Then they ask you for the financial institutions with which you have accounts and the value of those accounts. Then they ask what credit cards you have and with which banks etc... Is e-rewards being negligent by allowing Opinionbar to do this survey? Why would anyone with a brain honestly answer such survey questions?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:36 pm

Ok, this is odd...

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
The one about jewellery and watches is a scam too.
Five months ago, out of the blue, e-rewards froze my account for no apparent reason. I emailed them and they rejected my request to have it reinstated, etc.

Today, 5 months later, out of the blue, I get an email from them that my account is reactivated.

Not that I'm not grateful, but wonder what prompted that????

Maybe Publisher House Sweepstakes will notify me that I did win that contest back in 1985 after all
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I'm in the UK and Virgin Airlines has disappeared of the list of redemption companies in the last three weeks...a blip or forever?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by randix
Five months ago, out of the blue, e-rewards froze my account for no apparent reason. I emailed them and they rejected my request to have it reinstated, etc.

Today, 5 months later, out of the blue, I get an email from them that my account is reactivated.

Not that I'm not grateful, but wonder what prompted that????

Maybe Publisher House Sweepstakes will notify me that I did win that contest back in 1985 after all
my account just go reinstated too!! i didnt get an email that my account is reactivated, i just received a new survey alert....which i havent received in like 2 months! i tried logging in and it works and now im trying to do my survey

having said that, e-rewards is still a scam for blocking me in the first place *angry face*
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:01 pm

Maybe...

Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
my account just go reinstated too!! i didnt get an email that my account is reactivated, i just received a new survey alert....which i havent received in like 2 months! i tried logging in and it works and now im trying to do my survey

having said that, e-rewards is still a scam for blocking me in the first place *angry face*
Just maybe they had a "lone wolf" employee who got his kicks terminating accounts at random, he got his cover blown and now they are trying to undo the damage...ok, that's pure speculation, humor, and creative imagination, but it sure would make for a good story!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.