Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:00 pm

Scam survey alert for this week - survey on business employee communication software. Been done twice today,you complete the entire survey then it just goes green banner and 25pts instead of 500. 😠
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
That is a big mistake... once your acct was reactivated you should've claimed your reward, immediately. I'm sure that was your regret when your account was first frozen. And yet, you didn't claim as soon as you were able.
ahah i know it was my bad.

i was saving up to get to 100 so that i could claim some airline miles.

i thought that once i was reactivated that surely i wouldnt have to go through another deactivation ordeal.

anyway ive learned my lesson now. and hopefully let that be a lesson to everyone to learn from my mistake. redeem right away after reactivation even on something u may not neccessarily need. dont give those scammers the right to take it back again
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
anyway ive learned my lesson now. and hopefully let that be a lesson to everyone to learn from my mistake. redeem right away after reactivation even on something u may not neccessarily need. dont give those scammers the right to take it back again
Absolutely. Clear out those points as soon as you can.

Deactivation is not the only risk. Your preferred reward can suddenly be "out of stock" at any time, or just disappear completely.

First, IHG points were suddenly non-EQ, making that award poor value, so I switched to United miles.

Now they are "out of stock", forcing me to redeem for AA instead.

I know it's tempting to let them stock up, as they are a flexible currency, but it's just too risky.

My advice to anyone who has any stock of e-rewards points is: burn them, fast.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
My advice to anyone who has any stock of e-rewards points is: burn them, fast.
I agree completely. For over a year, things went smoothly, so I let my points accumulate in order to get the better redemption values at the higher levels. But once my account was temporarily suspended and I had to go through a couple weeks of back and forth to get it reinstated, I have been quick to burn my points as soon as I can. That being said, I am now getting so few surveys that it takes me a very long time to accumulate sufficient points for anything. E-Rewards went from being great to a complete mess almost overnight.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I contacted E-rewards today about the out of stock issue w/r/t redeeming for United MileagePlus miles and this is what they said...

The redemption process of United MileagePlus is currently undergoing maintenance which is why you are seeing it as "out of stock". Please try redeeming again late next week as they should be available again
Wondering what "maintenance" could mean....
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:49 pm

I'm sorta curious...

Originally Posted by goalie
I contacted E-rewards today about the out of stock issue w/r/t redeeming for United MileagePlus miles and this is what they said...
how you were successfully able to (a) contact them today AND (b) get a reply today. With both e-rewards and e-miles I send off an inquiry and wait, and wait, and wait...

Last edited by randix; Oct 3, 2017 at 5:49 pm Reason: lousy speller (sigh)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:32 pm

I guess you can get a super quick reply if you simply reply to one of their replies.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Wondering what "maintenance" could mean....
Thanks! I was about to redeem for an alternate airline, but willing to wait until next week for United.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:12 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by randix
how you were successfully able to (a) contact them today AND (b) get a reply today. With both e-rewards and e-miles I send off an inquiry and wait, and wait, and wait...
I used the "contact us" option, received the automated response that someone will contact me and then about an hour later , i received the response I quoted
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Any data points on how long Etihad miles take to transfer?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:43 am

Any data points on Choice hotels - how long do points take to post and are they elite qualifying? (assuming no for the second part but IHG was elite qualifying for a looong time so...)
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Can somebody report then United miles will be available again?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by klanfa
Any data points on Choice hotels - how long do points take to post and are they elite qualifying? (assuming no for the second part but IHG was elite qualifying for a looong time so...)
The E-rewards points transfer right away. Do the transfer and then log into your Choice Hotels account. The points should be there. I have no idea if they are elite qualifying or not, but I doubt it.
klanfa likes this.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Oct 10, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
The United miles are back in stock. I just redeemed for 2k. tls
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
https://www.research-live.com/articl...rge/id/5029092

Research Now (who own e-rewards) are to merge with SSI (who run Accor Club Opinions, IHG Opinion Check-in and Avios Rewards for something). I consider e-rewards to be far more generous and reasonable than SSI. If they merge panels or make one company follow the other's offer then we could lose out here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.