Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Anyone here who has received a 1099 in the past for earning over $600, can you tell me (1) did the 1099 come via email or snail mail, and (2) approximately when did you receive it, i.e. late January? Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Does anyone have a data point on whether AA transfers generate Loyalty Points as well as redeemable miles under the new AA system?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Does anyone have a data point on whether AA transfers generate Loyalty Points as well as redeemable miles under the new AA system?
I doubt it because the transfer from Kantar would be treated as a purchase of miles which does not earn loyalty points.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Anyone here who has received a 1099 in the past for earning over $600, can you tell me (1) did the 1099 come via email or snail mail, and (2) approximately when did you receive it, i.e. late January? Thanks.
IIRC, it came via snail mail last year. I don't recall when it was actually received, but I did find the email notification that I needed to fill out a W-9. That was sent in early November 2020, and said that the 1099 would arrive late January-early February. The IRS deadline for employers to send them is January 31.

FYI, I received an email request yesterday from Dynata to fill out the W-9 for TY 2021, as you probably did, but still waiting on the followup email with the link to electronically provide the information.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I contacted the original company who have sent me 5 "we have escalated the issue" emails and then a week ago they confirmed I took the survey and would be paid by the end of the month. e-Rewards sent me 3-4 "we're working on it" emails but nothing for awhile - I still haven't got the credit but there are still a few days left in the month. In the mean time the number of surveys has dropped way down, the number of surveys I qualify for is way down, and instead of $500-600 a month I have have had about $100 a month since Christmas...
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:09 pm

Has anyone ever had their e-rewards account hacked, and then someone used your points for gift cards? That just happened to me. Someone redeemed my points for macy $10, and $25 gift cards. But the gift cards went into my email account. Ive already written e-rewards about this and changed my password. Wasn't sure if anyone else has had this issue though.

Brandon
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:02 pm

Of all the accounts in the world someone would want to hack, gotta think e-rewards would be near the bottom of the list, for so many reasons...
apeortdz and ankomonkey like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by randix
Of all the accounts in the world someone would want to hack, gotta think e-rewards would be near the bottom of the list, for so many reasons...
I totally agree. Let alone redeem for Macy gift cards. Never even shop there.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder has anyone seen "No Survey Available" on their dashboard?

Unlike many of you who do surveys frequently I usually only do one big session once 4 to 6 weeks when I can find an evening to give it a few hours. I usually just logged in my account and started the survey from the dashboard. The last occasion was in first week of January.

Today when I logged in the dash board. after the site showed "loading" the Survey column, it shows this message instead - No surveys available. Complete your member profile to receive more studies.

I checked my email address and noticed I had not received any survey invitation since late last year because nothing was found in trash (I deleted those invitations but they should stay in Trash folder for 30 days). So I went ahead to try to complete my profile - but the one single category of Personal I could not fully complete because one questions have answer options blocked, leaving only one default option which is WRONG answer, as in the following -

Thinking about your experience with this survey panel, how much would you agree that you would like to receive more surveys than you do today? Please select one from below.

Strongly disagree - this is the ONLY option that is already chosen - can NOT be unselected.

All the other options are inactive, i.e. I cannot change any of them listed below.
Slightly disagree
Neither agree nor disagree
Slightly agree
Strongly agree

I cannot take this answer as my option because it is the opposite of the current scenario that I do not have any survey available!

So I filled out the online help form to ask them if there is a technical glitch on my account.

PS
I went back several pages of this thread and saw 2 or 3 posters have reported such issue. I do not have any other survey program other than MyPoints which I quit doing their survey after they stopped giving any pt on disqualification. That probably is more than 2 years ago! I only do the 5 pts click thru there. Now after a redemption of CVS eGC stopped working on 2nd usage, I am thinking about just close that account. CVS could not help as their credit/debit dept could not see the eGC status other than it is "Green" and the amount of balance. It cannot see transaction history nor whether the card is locked - the CVS rep claimed cards issued by reward programs are from different outfit and only the company that issues the reward could help me.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 2, 2022 at 8:19 pm
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to redeem 2000 UA miles this morning, so the account is not suspended or deactivated. However when I tried to redeem 1000 AS miles the site wanted to send verification code to a cell phone number that was used only once over 2 years ago and was no longer a valid number. There is no other way to submit a new cell phone number for this purpose, not on the redemption process, not in My Details screen. So I initiated another message to ask HOW to add a cell phone number to the account.

I do not remember whether one can only make a single redemption per day, regardless different rewards. I know for many rewards it is one per 30 days. There is no information to be found on the site about the rules.

Meanwhile, the Survey tab remains No Surveys Available. Hopefully someone at eRewards would eventually address this issue and fix it, like it happened in November.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It’s two redemptions per day but they get aggressive about phone verification if you do multiple redemptions in a short time frame.I’m a very regular redeemer and I think I need to do the phone code about 80% of the time.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, my account is not in the US and I see the "no surveys available" a lot. It is completely possible there aren't any surveys. They have reduced the surveys quite a bit after the holidays, it seems.
If you can redeem, the account is not blocked. You can change the telephone number by writing to e-rewards, that is the only way. Did it once and worked.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
It’s two redemptions per day but they get aggressive about phone verification if you do multiple redemptions in a short time frame.I’m a very regular redeemer and I think I need to do the phone code about 80% of the time.
Since the account is not locked, I will just wait till next month to do a second redemption. I primarily use eReward to generate activities to keep FFPs active. Most surveys I actually qualified were in 4 to 7 range, never see high value ones. I also do not want to do those require various follow up types. Hence my balance "grows" very slowly. The only FFP that I have no readily available means to keep it alive is AS which the 2 years clock is not until Nov 2022. BA is another one that can use eReward redemption to become eligible for the flat tax/fee for flights from UK to EU. That is what I do it once a year.

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well, my account is not in the US and I see the "no surveys available" a lot. It is completely possible there aren't any surveys. They have reduced the surveys quite a bit after the holidays, it seems.
If you can redeem, the account is not blocked. You can change the telephone number by writing to e-rewards, that is the only way. Did it once and worked.
Thanks. I wrote them about the need to change my phone number. Haven't heard back from them yet on both messages. Account remains in Survey not Available state.

If you read back posts in Mid Oct, 2 or 3 persons reported the Survey not Available issues. One poster reported receiving a response from eReward after submitting a ticket, rather speedily in 5 days based on the poster's posts timeline. That eReward end has some technical issues which affect some members. They did some modification to the poster's account and then the surveys show up in drove.

Hence I submitted a help ticket request and hope the issue would get looked at in coming days.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 4, 2022 at 8:42 am
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:23 pm

Are you guys getting the question about What Is Your Biggest Problem With Technology These Days? I get this question, which requires a written answer, about every fifth survey. Very annoying!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:24 pm

I received my 1099-NEC yesterday and I was pleased with the way they valued my rewards. Gift cards are valued 1:1, i.e. at $25 each mostly. Hotel points and Magazines are valued at a very low dollar amount...about 1/15th of the true value (if you actually use the points) as far as I can tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.