Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I get the big e-Rewards dump like that occasionally. I tend to assume it's something like one deposit for multiple surveys where I allowed my face to be recorded while watching a tv commercial or such.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bj2757
In the past, on rare occasions, I participate in a survey that asks if you will do a follow-on at some point for fairly big rewards (compared to what I normally get). And normally I have to send E-rewards a half dozen emails trying to get the credit that never posts... But I had one a week ago that promised $25 "in points equivalent in your membership account." As always I kept the original email to fight with E-rewards.

I took the follow-on group survey that lasted around one hour. Two days later E-rewards posted a $69 reward to my account. I think the most I've ever had previously was $17... So I'm assuming this is from that long survey - although I was expecting $25.

Have any of you had a similar experience? I check every day to see if it's still there :-)
It's because even e-rewards doesn't pretend $1 in e-rewards currency is worth $1 US. When they say that $25 worth of e-rewards, they'll multiply it by what they evaluate is the difference - I think it's about 2.8, and that seems consistent with your multiple.

I've wondered why they don't just say, for example, they'll give you $69 in e-rewards currency. I suspect the answer is the actual client companies are recruiting through different panels, so they figure out how much they're going to pay in real dollars, and then it's up to each panel to pay out what it equates to.

Anyway, that last part is my speculation, but the first part I know as I've had it happen several times.

FTF
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Thank you!

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
It's because even e-rewards doesn't pretend $1 in e-rewards currency is worth $1 US. When they say that $25 worth of e-rewards, they'll multiply it by what they evaluate is the difference - I think it's about 2.8, and that seems consistent with your multiple.

I've wondered why they don't just say, for example, they'll give you $69 in e-rewards currency. I suspect the answer is the actual client companies are recruiting through different panels, so they figure out how much they're going to pay in real dollars, and then it's up to each panel to pay out what it equates to.

Anyway, that last part is my speculation, but the first part I know as I've had it happen several times.

FTF
Old May 4, 2021, 9:14 pm

Anyone make a Hilton redemption lately? Once upon a time, it took around 3 weeks to be credited. Then it was multiple months. Then it was about five days. I'm working on about two weeks now. Nada.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by jjbris
Anyone make a Hilton redemption lately? Once upon a time, it took around 3 weeks to be credited. Then it was multiple months. Then it was about five days. I'm working on about two weeks now. Nada.
Late on Sunday (UK time) and nothing yet, however the last few I have redeemed have all taken arrived on the second Tuesday after redeeming.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:24 pm

It just came through today. I can live with twoish weeks. I was just concerned that we were reverting back to the bad ole days.
Old May 15, 2021, 10:00 am

Getting concerned. I have had a LOT of surveys recently - maxed out on all the rewards I use and still have $560 in the account. Last survey was about 9 last night. At 10 last night I decided I'd redeem for a couple of items I normally don't just to use up some points. On both I got the "Error" message - similar to what my wife got when they shut down her account for whatever reason a few months ago. Today there are no surveys available....
Old May 15, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
The error that appears for me on the locked out accounts is QSB0303-17
Old May 15, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
The error that appears for me on the locked out accounts is QSB0303-17
Had the suspended your account?
Old May 15, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Had the suspended your account?
yes, that's the message that's shown on the suspended account
Old May 18, 2021, 8:44 pm

I got lucky! They had suspended my account. Yesterday I sent an email asking about it - and today I got a response saying sorry for the inconvenience - your account is back online!
brabb12 likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 11:16 pm

I got lucky! They had suspended my account. Yesterday I sent an email asking about it - and today I got a response saying sorry for the inconvenience - your account is back online!
. I have had this happen to me before super scary. Just make sure you redeem all your points up.
bj2757 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Happy
Has anyone had experience in redeeming AA miles?

Need to generate an activity to keep account alive. Wonder how long it takes for eReward transfer? Anybody has data point?
Here's another data point for you: I redeemed $25 e-Rewards for 500 AA miles on Friday and the miles posted within about three calendar days! (And this was on a three-day holiday weekend, no less!)
Happy likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Here's another data point for you: I redeemed $25 e-Rewards for 500 AA miles on Friday and the miles posted within about three calendar days! (And this was on a three-day holiday weekend, no less!)
Thanks a lot for the data point.

I ended up trying the AwardWallet promo first. Did it on Friday and the 5 miles showed up on Sunday. So now his account expiration date extended to Nov 2022.

UPDATE

Now AA pauses the expiration till Apr 2022. Such is life...

Last edited by Happy; Jun 3, 2021 at 11:42 am
Old Jul 16, 2021, 3:06 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Anyone having trouble with e-rewards website? I try logging in to redeem and the images are huge, not able to log-in and there's a message at the bottom that "Page could not be found." No links are working: contact us, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.