Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I don't think you can use a number from another country... The form had the country code (1 for USA) preselected, so if you enter another number you will not receive the code.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:51 pm

By the way, there are free internet services that receive SMS, they DON'T work
Old May 6, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that country code 1 is preselected. But cannot that be changed to something else if needed?
Old May 6, 2017, 5:56 pm

Well, there is a drop-down list, but everything in it is 1, so, you cannot change it.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well, there is a drop-down list, but everything in it is 1, so, you cannot change it.
That's stupid. Thanks for letting me know.

Since I have a US phone number, I never tried changing it -- I just assumed that the option was there since the developer bothered to code it. Perhaps that feature is planned for the next version.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: HH , SPG, LeClub
Originally Posted by neuromancer
...well I'm registered in Germany , but don't know if this is the same drop down list as the one US users see.
I've got a drop down list with a variety of different country codes where I can freely choose +49 for Germany and another empty field for the area code and the phone number.

Unfortunately this field only allows the input of ten digits , but 11 would be needed.
My Mac OS is set to US ,maybe this causing the issue?

Ridgeway
Old May 6, 2017, 10:55 pm

Well, sometimes you've got to change it and wait and see whether or not they ban you...............

My case: .uk account - the form had the country code selected. Except it was +376 i.e. Andorra. Yeah, whatever.

True story
Old May 6, 2017, 11:21 pm

yah its pretty frustrating... all these changes
Old May 7, 2017, 1:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by ridgeway
...well I'm registered in Germany , but don't know if this is the same drop down list as the one US users see.
I've got a drop down list with a variety of different country codes where I can freely choose +49 for Germany and another empty field for the area code and the phone number.

Unfortunately this field only allows the input of ten digits , but 11 would be needed.
My Mac OS is set to US ,maybe this causing the issue?

Ridgeway
I have a UK e-rewards account and got what I assume is the same (or similar) drop-down list. I nearly made the mistake of entering my 11-digit German cellphone, but caught myself jyst in time. Fortunately I have a UK number which still receives SMS.

Presumably I am able to use an 11-digit +49 number for my German account?
Old May 7, 2017, 1:48 am

This should serve for validation purposes, that is if your account is in the UK, you have to input an UK phone number. UK account and Andorra does not make any sense, probably a bug...
Old May 7, 2017, 1:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wadmak
Well, sometimes you've got to change it and wait and see whether or not they ban you...............

My case: .uk account - the form had the country code selected. Except it was +376 i.e. Andorra. Yeah, whatever.

True story
I got exactly the same thing.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:39 pm

Has anyone received redemptions since using the code in the new security layer? I redeemed ihg over a week ago which is normally really fast.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone received redemptions since using the code in the new security layer? I redeemed ihg over a week ago which is normally really fast.
Yes, I had redeemed for Accor with the cellphone security, and it posted in the normal 7-10 days.
From past experience, IHG always post the night between Monday-Tuesday US time for redemptions made for the past week. Once it took 2 weeks and then posted Monday-Tuesday night.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
After verification, IHG appeared on the Monday overnight-Tuesday morning like usual for me.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tilly71
I tested it out by redeeming for the lowest BA Avios award and it posted very quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.