Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea.../e-Rewards.jsp
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
There are lot's of public invitations. Depends what you want to redeem to. Hilton, British Airways Avios, AA come to mind.
Go to the FF program website, the partners page and look for e-rewards, the invitation is there.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Double post
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:16 am

I just signed up for e-rewards through Alaska Airlines website but Alaska Airlines is not a redemption partner in my account? Ahhh
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:31 am

that's extremely strange
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:22 am

finally reached $25 to enable me to "cash out" for some miles. Waiting till they post, then will delete my account. For me, e-rewards just doesn't offer enough to bother with. JMHO.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Auscal
finally reached $25 to enable me to "cash out" for some miles. Waiting till they post, then will delete my account. For me, e-rewards just doesn't offer enough to bother with. JMHO.
Looking at it with regard to credit awarded per time spent, no, of course it's not. IMHO, you're crazy to think it might be. It's useful as a way to keep miles/points alive without having to lose value by generating activity some other way, such as by redeeming for something you don't want.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Uptown_Girl
I don't think the app is worth it. When I first downloaded it, I would get the usual $4 surveys which were fine. By late November, they were offering $1 for answering questions about each store you shopped in on Black Friday.

Now, I either get "Just for Fun" questions that pay no money or surveys that promise me a quarter. Seriously, what's the point? I'm not about to stay hunched over my phone, tapping away for five minutes, for 25 cents of e-rewards currency!
None, I agree completely. This program is worthless (to me, at least) now.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA,AA,DL
Do not accept being dumped by a major corporation like IBM who are trying to steal data by allowing respondents to complete an entire survey including wrap-up questions, and then say they have enough respondents to avoid paying miles. Only if we challenge this will it change!

After a years experience this still remains the only real scam involved, one which United Opinion Miles restricts very tightly helping earn me a Europe trip just from answering their surveys. But eRewards has no real feedback program to tighten up their program to weed out these corporate thefts, which is a slap in the face of their members. So I tend to avoid them or expect to be ripped off about half the time.

Be aware that these opinion gathering organizations are all members of professional associations to whom you can file complaints which will call into question their certification and force their highest execs to respond to ethics charges, of which stealing data from respondents is ranked very serious. They even shield the consumers from backlash. A major university study is now being conducted on this and will be releasing a report this year on the worst offenders.

Here is a sample email I send to the survey's authoring company when I am ripped off after completing an entire survey and then dumped so that a corp like IBM doesn't have to pay miles, with copies sent to the Airline miles VP, eRewards (who never respond) or Opinion Miles (who reply the next day), and Professional Associations who govern these ethics:

"I answer surveys for American Airlines eRewards program. Today I spent 30 minutes answering dozens of detailed Questions for a survey on my home electronic devices for IBM SPSS Data Collection. At the end of the survey as I was being asked the final questions I was dumped out of the survey saying that "We already have enough respondents." This is a theft of my time under the guise of being paid with eRewards dollars for that time.

It is also being discussed in forums like FlyerTalk where respondents are being studied by university researchers who are gathering data about unethical thefts like the one your client perpetrated on me stealing my time tonight under the pretense I was being paid.

You must surely be aware that you belong to professional associations who will sanction this kind of unethical behavior of which stealing data is the most serious. In fact I intend to follow it up to see to it that this happens."

While some of it may be deliberate it may also be gross incompetence. Often the survey company will respond with a sales call to me asking if I am wanting their services. Never underestimate the corporate Peter Principle. But never put up with their theft either. It is pennies to them whether I fly around the world on it or not.

Last edited by walkdmx; Feb 9, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Where can I sign up to get Hertz as a redemption partner in the UK?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:08 pm

I don't think you can, you can only redeem to a Hertz account in the US
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:34 pm

At $99.25 ughhh ! I want another 2k UA miles!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Opinion Miles Club rocks for UA survey miles if you've got a USA IP address, especially if you can find one of the 600 mile introductory links for completing the first survey. I'm at around 28K miles from that program since last July.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How much time do you spend on those surveys? I went through about 4 of them yesterday with pretty thorough questions which I answered. When I got to the end, I "didn't qualify." Of course, they already extracted a bunch of useful data from my responses.

I'm pretty much not going to waste any more time with Opinion Miles. At least E-rewards disqualifies you pretty quickly.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 7:45 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Mary2e
How much time do you spend on those surveys? I went through about 4 of them yesterday with pretty thorough questions which I answered. When I got to the end, I "didn't qualify." Of course, they already extracted a bunch of useful data from my responses.

I'm pretty much not going to waste any more time with Opinion Miles. At least E-rewards disqualifies you pretty quickly.
Sometimes they make it very obvious that a certain question answered a certain way will lead to disqualification...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.