Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by rookie10
Imo Hertz would be the best redemption. That is if you have use for rental cars.
Thank you rookie10!

I have an Executive tier membership with National Car Rental whereby I rent a medium-size car and get to pick any available vehicle on the lot. I got the National Executive tier through Milepoint premium membership.

I am more looking for miles & points with airlines & hotels, any other suggestions for the best value?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I think the Choice Privileges points are a good value. To redeem for one free night requires either 8k or 12k, points, and you get 4k points for $100 in e-rewards, so you can get a free night reasonably quickly. I know that some folks prefer more luxurious hotels than Choice, but I think they're fine, and sometimes there aren't better options anyway. tls
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by thelostshark
I think the Choice Privileges points are a good value. To redeem for one free night requires either 8k or 12k, points, and you get 4k points for $100 in e-rewards, so you can get a free night reasonably quickly. I know that some folks prefer more luxurious hotels than Choice, but I think they're fine, and sometimes there aren't better options anyway. tls
I do have 72K CP points that I don't know what to do with as I don't stay at such properties, maybe transfer the CP to SW airlines?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Kalboz, U can get a 25% bonus if U transfer your Choice to UA in Nov. (must register first at link on UA forum) or up to 20% to Aeroplan by Dec. 9.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Kalboz, U can get a 25% bonus if U transfer your Choice to UA in Nov. (must register first at link on UA forum) or up to 20% to Aeroplan by Dec. 9.
So, 17,500 UA miles (which will be devalued soon!) for 70K Choice Privileges points? Is that even a good exchange rate? That will place CP points at less than $4 per 1000.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Maybe not, but is the exchange rate to sWN much better? IDK, because I'm not familiar with their program.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thank you rookie10!

I have an Executive tier membership with National Car Rental whereby I rent a medium-size car and get to pick any available vehicle on the lot. I got the National Executive tier through Milepoint premium membership.

I am more looking for miles & points with airlines & hotels, any other suggestions for the best value?
You should status match to Hertz 5*, you will also receive a car upgrade when reserving standard/full size. I would wait until Jan. tx 500 points x2 and you will have enough points for a 1 day specialty vehicle. Keep in mind that Hertz like many other car rental agencies tack on additional fees and surcharges so it really isn't "free". But it is a good deal in any case.

Depending on your account balances, I would not tx to UA with the bonus unless you needed to top off your account for a redemption. Choice has not devalued (yet), and they do have nice redemption's in Europe and the Nassau Bahamas. Nice place to take your family on vacation, plus you get access to Atlantis.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:16 am

Any experiences NOT receiving reward?

I Redeemed a bunch for a $50 Starbucks card on 9/30 - the confirmation said could be 30 days. 11/1 I emailed customer service, got the auto response saying give us 5 days to respond... waited until 11/10, sent another email, no response...

Any others experience no rewards sent (this seems like an actual card, no e-delivery of a gift card) and/or customer service response times like this? I've been emailing their general CS email, any other contacts there? Need my coffee fix!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by rookie10
Depending on your account balances, I would not tx to UA with the bonus unless you needed to top off your account for a redemption. Choice has not devalued (yet), and they do have nice redemption's in Europe and the Nassau Bahamas. Nice place to take your family on vacation, plus you get access to Atlantis.
Ha, apparently you spoke too soon! http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytrave....tfWg2tqJ.dpbs
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by thelostshark

Originally Posted by sosafan
Redeemed for some Hilton points.

The points showed up instantly, but after a week, they are still not
listed in my Hhonors account when I click on "all activity". In other words I
got the points, but can't show from an online statement the date they
posted. Has anyone else had a similar or different experience?
Yes, a similar thing has happened to me in the past each time, but the points are always eventually listed in "all activity." A week seems a bit longer than normal, but I'm sure they'll show up. tls
You were right, but it took 7 weeks. Suspiciously, it showed up after
the next transaction.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Anyone done a transfer to Iberia and can advise how long it actually takes please?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Iberia avios used to post the next Tuesday after redemption, but the list time it did not work.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Did you chase via E Rewards and were you successful. I notice that they state 6-8 weeks but most redemptions have been handled pretty quickly.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, lately you cannot chase until the 8 weeks stated have passed, otherwise they just ignore you, so I haven't yet.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: UA,AA,DL
In the same time I have amassed 25,000 miles on Opinion Miles by United answering 3-5 surveys a day, I've just now gotten 500 AA miles on eRewards mostly from consolation points. Every single eRewards survey boots me out more than halfway through. When this happened at Opinion Miles, I reported it enough that it stopped after they determined some survey companies were trying to pump us for info before dropping us to avoid paying miles. From what I can tell this is ALL that eRewards does, and their Support is so abysmal they reply only with a general FAQ email ignoring your specific problem. Contrast this with Opinion Miles (the leading opinion broker in the field if you google them) which corrects any problem to my satisfaction overnight, or explains why not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.