Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by mikeef
That's what I use mine for.

Mike
Hey Mike, and anyone else who redeems for Starbucks gift cards, how long does it typically take to get the gift card? When redeeming the site said it would take up to 30 days to get the gc. I redeemed for a $50 gc 27 days ago, and haven't yet received it. If it doesn't come by early next week, guess I'll send an email .... tls
Old May 10, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fungirl
IIRC, my Hertz points eventually posted after a few months and long after I wrote off any possibility of ever getting them. But it was a lesson learned to never again redeem e-rewards for Hertz points. The aggravation is just not worth it. Too bad that it is the only way to get Hertz points without actually renting a car.
Thanks for the update fungirl. I know it took a super long time but I am glad you got them eventually.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by ChanelCinq
Thanks for the update fungirl. I know it took a super long time but I am glad you got them eventually.
My first Hertz redemption took just 2-3 weeks but I'm still waiting (3 months later) for my second one ..... no more Hertz for me either!
Old May 13, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
My first Hertz redemption took just 2-3 weeks but I'm still waiting (3 months later) for my second one ..... no more Hertz for me either!
3 months later, wow! So darn inconsistent. jgxtrav1 when did you redeem the points that are taking 3 months? It sounds like in Feb? That blows my whole conspiracy that it is only slow the beginning of each quarter.
Old May 13, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by ChanelCinq
3 months later, wow! So darn inconsistent. jgxtrav1 when did you redeem the points that are taking 3 months? It sounds like in Feb? That blows my whole conspiracy that it is only slow the beginning of each quarter.
My first redemption was mid-Sept 2012 which posted the end of the 1st week of Oct 2012. As you suspected, my second redemption was done mid Feb 2013 and still has not been posted ....

I've sent e-mails to eRewards and Hertz; both replied to talk to the other ..... eRewards says the 500 points were sent to Hertz and Hertz says it has no record of that .... maybe the 500 points will show up someday ..... just not worth the effort to follow up any further. I'll just stick to redeeming for Hilton points and/or air miles.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm in the same boat with a lot of posters about e-rewards transfer to Hertz. Did transfer on 3/31/13 and still waiting 6 weeks later. I have transferred to Hertz 2 or 3 times before that (most recently Q4 2012) and they typically took about 1 week.

Very disappointed as I typically redeem my points for Specialty car but looks like I'll have to stop now!
Old May 16, 2013, 10:05 am

+1

I also have a e-rewards to Hertz transfer lost somwhere. Transfer made on April 2nd still has not shown up at Hertz. With all these occurrences around the beginning of April pointing to a problem on the e-rewards end I plan on e-mailing them later today
Old May 16, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I now see Best Buy as a redemption option, $35 Erewards= $10 Best Buy and $75 erewards= $25. Tempting. But they seem to be out of stock!
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton,
Originally Posted by Justin Does...
Man, I didn't realize how much e-rewards currency I have. I seem to be a hoarder I have almost $750 in currency. What to do what to do! Any suggestions?
Now that e-Rewards is giving quarterly 25% bonuses based on the account total, you could let the $750 sit and use the bonuses as a kind of interest, and just redeem the interest amount each quarter.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by JimVan
Now that e-Rewards is giving quarterly 25% bonuses based on the account total, you could let the $750 sit and use the bonuses as a kind of interest, and just redeem the interest amount each quarter.
Did I miss something as I can't seem to find that anywhere on my account (and I'm sitting on $250 in my account so a bonus on that would be nice )
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hey JimVan, when did those 25% bonuses start? When are they paid--at the end of each calendar quarter, so June 30?? Perhaps I should wait till then to redeem! Where can I read more information?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:52 pm

Now that e-Rewards is giving quarterly 25% bonuses based on the account total
This is only applicable to grandfathered DL-sponsored e-rewards accounts, as an incentive not to give up when DL pulled out. IIRC this bonus is only offered for the duration of 2013; the corresponding offer for DL/e-miles accounts was good only for 3 months.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Don't you find it hard to apply those amounts, given that you can only redeem a maximum of $100 for any account every 90 days? At that rate, it would take several years to deploy your dollars into miles. Or are your accounts not subject to that rule?

I always spend them whenever I get to $100 - partly to avoid that backlog, but also because I remember the ClickMiles experience - they went bankrupt with some of my miles...
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Don't you find it hard to apply those amounts, given that you can only redeem a maximum of $100 for any account every 90 days? At that rate, it would take several years to deploy your dollars into miles. Or are your accounts not subject to that rule?

I always spend them whenever I get to $100 - partly to avoid that backlog, but also because I remember the ClickMiles experience - they went bankrupt with some of my miles...
Not everything is 90 days, actually most are 30 days (miles)... And priority club points have no limits on redemptions
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by monahos
This is only applicable to grandfathered DL-sponsored e-rewards accounts, as an incentive not to give up when DL pulled out. IIRC this bonus is only offered for the duration of 2013; the corresponding offer for DL/e-miles accounts was good only for 3 months.
And the bonus earned on those former-DL accounts is 25% of the e-rewards earned in that quarter, not 25% of your total balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.