Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linsj
I haven't seen that option in months. Now that the 90 days between redemptions is gone, I've been cashing out every time I reach $75.
Then you didn't join through Hilton. AFAIK, at the time of the increase, everyone who joined through Hilton reported that they remained grandfathered to the old rates.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Grando
Does anyone know how long redemptions to Accor typically take?
You need to make a redemption by Thursday, for it to post the following Wednesday.

However, in one case it took me 2 Wednesday's for it to post (basically, skipped one Wednesday posting).
Old Mar 23, 2017, 6:45 pm

Thanks Nomii.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
From Facebook today:

https://www.facebook.com/eRewardsUS/...WSFEED&fref=nf

Here at e-Rewards, we’ve been making some recent changes to improve the quality of our product. The first change was to sunset our mobile application, this is so we can focus on further improving our mobile web experience. The app is no longer supported, so please uninstall it from your device. We have also suspended a number of accounts that are either inactive or have inconsistent data, please contact us if you require help. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to sharing what’s in store for the future very soon.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:11 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by beachmouse

Same message was posted in a series of tweets a couple of days ago. I responded to said tweets, but still went through my consumer complaints. I don't know about most users of their service, but I did provide honest feedback, so when they closed down my account almost immediately after re-opening it, I was more than a bit annoyed. The account "deactivation" process seems to be automated.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:33 am

Club Carlson

Data point: redeemed for Club Carlson points yesterday (Thursday); points did not post immediately but came through this morning (Friday). Keeps the Club Carlson balance safe for 2 more years.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Surveys are back for me, thick and fast. They have obviously investigated me and decided I'm ok to carry on. All the same, I am not going to be leaving balances unredeemed in the future. This has given me the yips.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:01 am

account terminated Mar 17 2017

I had the same issue as others, my account was terminated with over 300 points in the account. Same vague reason given. I was not happy and feel powerless to do anything. Will not join E-rewards ever again.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:09 am

ErewardsOllie,
My account was terminated the same time as others on here. I have been denied many surveys as not qualifying from the beginning, but I would not think this would disqualify me. Also, I only been redeeming about once every 6 months and had over 300 points left when I was terminated. any way to reactive me?, hopefully with the points intact.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles

Add me to the list of DEACTIVATED ACCOUNTS! I haven't received a Survey in about 2 weeks and I've checked now and BAM! My account inactivated.

Is there any recourse to this? I've been answering their Surveys for 10+ years and never been inactive and then this. Maybe I should file a claim with the Better Business Bureau of the Company's area (I know this won't help most of the time, but there's "something top be done", isn't it?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, OW Emerald
Same thing here. I tried logging into my account earlier in the week, and got the same "your account has been de-activated at your request bla bla bla. I filled out their "contact us" form, telling them I did not request that my account be deactivated. I waited a day and didn't hear anything. I filled out another "contact us" form. I also sent a message to them on fb.

2 days ago, I got an response to one of the "contact us" forms that I filled out, saying my account has been re-instated. I was then able to log into my account, but it shows my account balance as $0.00, which is not correct. I had $553 in my account when it was deactivated. I have since replied the email asking that my balance be restored. Its been 2 days and I haven't heard anything back. But I have received emails asking me to complete surveys just as before. I will not be completing any surveys until my balance is restored.

I should add that I have been with e-rewards for over 8 years with no problems whatsoever, so this whole incident really took me by surprise.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:05 pm

I made the mistake of signing up for e-rewards for United, American, JetBlue, and Virgin. Unknown to me, I was only allowed to use just one.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of surveys. There are better ways to keeping airline/hotel miles without taking the surveys.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
One thing I have noticed about the data points here is that most of the terminated accounts seemed to have high balances. Burn your balances fast, guys.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Timelline to post redeemed miles / points

Timeline Data Points

Redemption in the sequence of AS, UA, AA, Hilton and Avios on 03.22.17 Monday and Hilton again on 03.23.17 Tuesday.

UA and Hilton are instant. (Hilton will include the points in the balance but the line entries would not show until the next day after overnight processing).

AS was still a no show on 03.24.17 when last checked. It is there when checked today 03.25.17 but dated 03.23.17.

Still no show in AA and BA accounts on a Monday redemption when checked on Sunday. (double-checked the FFP numbers are correct).

Last edited by Happy; Mar 26, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
I redeemed for Ibera on 3/15, still not showing in my account. Ugh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.