Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
yeah WTH is going on with that???? Lol
Just tried the app, states you need to upgrade by clicking on a large orange button and when I did this it then came up with a message stating the app is no longer available?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Just tried the app, states you need to upgrade by clicking on a large orange button and when I did this it then came up with a message stating the app is no longer available?
​​​​​​​i'm getting exactly the same
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: Erewards
I wrotetell via Facebook Messenger and received the following today. I am completely bemused and have asked what I have done.

thank you for your query. We have reviewed your account and we have identified several discrepancies in your account details and/or survey activity that are in breach of our terms and conditions. We regret to inform you that under such terms, we have had to suspend your account permanently. You will no longer be able to take surveys and claim rewards going forward. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
The e-Rewards Team
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:17 pm

I got a reply

Sorry duplicated
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by mirror74
Don't think there is anything we can do about it. Just stop using them and drive them out of business.
I got th

Last edited by Jmills; Mar 21, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:58 pm

"Thank you for your cooperation in this matter"

L
O
L

Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
My account is still in good standing (as I would expect). I only have one account and answer surveys honestly.

All that said, it is a good reminder to not keep too much currency in programs like these and I will going forward attempt to ensure I redeem as soon as I earn enough to do so. I like the flexibility of being able to top up on demand - but the risks outweigh the rewards now that I have seen this thread.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
My account is still in good standing (as I would expect). I only have one account and answer surveys honestly.

All that said, it is a good reminder to not keep too much currency in programs like these and I will going forward attempt to ensure I redeem as soon as I earn enough to do so. I like the flexibility of being able to top up on demand - but the risks outweigh the rewards now that I have seen this thread.
I think you are right. I only have one account and answer surveys honestly. I seem to have inadvertently fallen foul of something though. They may enlighten me but I may need to view recent events as a learning experience.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had the surveys down to a science

I had been redeeming Erewards for last 4 years using surveys for both me and my wifes account. We only used the erewards for Hertz points and have not paid for a hertz rental in last 4 years.

both accounts shut down within last month and now that reading this thread i know why.

I had these surveys down to a science and I know what to choose to get selected. I have been an HR rep, benefits administrator, small business person, Hospital Administrator, CIO, CFO. I am a genius <sarcasm>

sad to see it go. Kicking myself for not cashing out about 230$ from my wife's account and about 400$ from mine. lesson learnt - earn and burn.

Last edited by Spiff; Mar 28, 2017 at 10:01 am Reason: Remove profanity allusion
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ketelone
I had been redeeming Erewards for last 4 years using surveys for both me and my wifes account. We only used the erewards for Hertz points and have not paid for a hertz rental in last 4 years.

both accounts shut down within last month and now that reading this thread i know why.

I had these surveys down to a science and I know what to choose to get selected. I have been an HR rep, benefits administrator, small business person, Hospital Administrator, CIO, CFO. I am a genius <sarcasm>

sad to see it go. Kicking myself for not cashing out about 230$ from my wife's account and about 400$ from mine. lesson learnt - earn and burn.
What percentage of surveys do you think you qualified for?

Last edited by Spiff; Mar 28, 2017 at 10:01 am Reason: remove quote of profanity allusion
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:06 am

Hi Guys,

I'm Ollie from e-Rewards (admins can check my email address for validation) as you all have noticed we've made some changes to the site.

First of all we've now closed our mobile app, this is so we can refocus our efforts to a better mobile web experience. It may come back in the future, but for now we recommend you delete the app from your device as it will be non-functional.

As part of the new changes we have also deactivated a number of accounts, the most common reason is inconsistent survey activity. Which could mean you've entered contradictory data or answers to surveys are inconsistent with your profile. The accounts are however just deactivated. If you believe your account really is valid please either PM me here or message us on Facebook referencing this thread and I'll make sure your account is investigated properly.

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to leave them here, I'll be hanging around to sort out any queries.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
I haven't been booted yet. I typically bring in just north of $100 or e-rewards currency per month, and maintain a balance of $200-300. I answer the surveys honestly. After reading what's been going on, my strategy will probably be to redeem down to zero and try to never have over $100 of e-rewards currency on balance.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:44 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by wlp07
I haven't been booted yet. I typically bring in just north of $100 or e-rewards currency per month, and maintain a balance of $200-300. I answer the surveys honestly. After reading what's been going on, my strategy will probably be to redeem down to zero and try to never have over $100 of e-rewards currency on balance.
That would be a good idea. I've always earned and burned at $100,- a clip. E-rewards restored my account after writing back to them. I took a 3-week hiatus and finally returned yesterday. Up $35,-. Not sure if they are considering all of these screen-outs in their calculations for who is answering honestly.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:10 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I would like to amend my last post. My account was just deactivated again. I'm baffled and appalled. I think I am going to file consumer complaints against E-rewards. They've stolen my time for the very last time.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have one account each but the surveys are always done from one computer with 2 different email address and obviously different gender.

We earn very slowly because a lot of the surveys we are screened out. Have not redeemed anything for 2 years or more, but have $500+ in each my husband and my account, from 20 or more months without redeeming anything. So the balances built up very slowly.

Still, in light of what has been going on I went ahead to redeem airlines and Hilton to bring down my balance to below $150. I am surprised to see Hilton shows up because my account was from an IHG invitation. For a very very long time IHG is the only hotel program I can see - now I am seeing ALL hotel programs, like without any restriction. My husband's account has always been without restriction on both airlines and hotels. No idea why. Could not remember which invitation his was opened with. Both accounts were from 2003! Ancient history.

I saw UA miles are instant. Apparently AA, AS and BA take time. So as Hilton.

Anybody has ideas on how long to take those partners to show the transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.