Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm surveys a go-go again. And I was just about to zap my old account in favor of a new inferior one from United this morning, but then figured I'd give it to the end of the month see if it resolved.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:19 pm

Mine is back.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
I have had several surveys recently where I have spent a good five minutes answering the questions and even going as far as to rate how happy I was with a particular company and explaining my answer to then be told I didn't qualify or they had the required number of respondents in my group.

I don't mind being disqualified after answering a couple demographic questions, but this is getting absurd.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:34 pm

I've had a survey twice today asking if you would participate in a 15 min telephone interview, if you select no you get disqualified. When you press accept and fill out your contact details you get no reward at the end even though it stated the reward was 400 points. Luckily I never enter my correct details in such forms! 😉
Just had a survey and got to about 80% completed and disqualified me? Never had a survey get that far in and get disqualified...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
I have had several surveys recently where I have spent a good five minutes answering the questions and even going as far as to rate how happy I was with a particular company and explaining my answer to then be told I didn't qualify or they had the required number of respondents in my group.

I don't mind being disqualified after answering a couple demographic questions, but this is getting absurd.
I've had the same experience lately - I commented to the Mrs that I'm giving out a lot of info before being disqualified, compared to what I have been used to.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:17 pm

Most of the time, when mine says no survey available on the computer, there are multiples on the mobile app.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:48 am

Appears that when ever I get asked for personal contact details at the end of a survey it doesnt click through to the rewards page, won't be doing this ever again as just been stung by a morI survey on behalf of lloyds.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Tilly71
I decided to take a look at the HH terms on e-rewards and it now states - No restrictions for a limited time.
I think this would be a great improvement, if permanent. I wonder why only for a limited time... I just need to get my balance up again having practically emptied it.

Does anyone else do the IHG/SSI surveys and intentionally disqualify themselves? Far more rewarding return on time than actually trying to complete the survey. Being 99 years old and working in market research seems to get you out of most surveys within the first few questions.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ankomonkey

Does anyone else do the IHG/SSI surveys and intentionally disqualify themselves? Far more rewarding return on time than actually trying to complete the survey. Being 99 years old and working in market research seems to get you out of most surveys within the first few questions.
I'd be careful with that. Some survey panels compare the demographic info on specific surveys to your profile info as a quality control check and you can get banned for too man demographic mismatches. For intentional DQs, it's usually pretty easy to figure out what product category they're asking about in the screening part and then say you never use it.

Also, e-Rewards does seem to sometimes do sweeps where they 'catch' surveys you completed but it didn't redirect properly. Occasionally I'll get a 'new survey' e-mail on the weekend where I click on the link and it goes directly to a rate the survey page and credits $2.50-$5.00 shortly after that.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:31 am

Appears that when ever I get asked for personal contact details at the end of a survey it doesnt click through to the rewards page, won't be doing this ever again as just been stung by a morI survey on behalf of lloyds.
Contact E-Rewards and ask them for the points. They'll check and give them to you. Might take a few days but you will get them.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Also, e-Rewards does seem to sometimes do sweeps where they 'catch' surveys you completed but it didn't redirect properly. Occasionally I'll get a 'new survey' e-mail on the weekend where I click on the link and it goes directly to a rate the survey page and credits $2.50-$5.00 shortly after that.
I learned this too
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Contact E-Rewards and ask them for the points. They'll check and give them to you. Might take a few days but you will get them.
No chance I'm afraid as too much to lose. After lots of research i read never to contact them if you have more than one account as usually leads to them closing you down if you bring attention to yourself.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am spending so much time now on answering surveys just for my one account, I don't know how those of you with multiple accounts find the time in the day to do them.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I decided to take a look at the HH terms on e-rewards and it now states - No restrictions for a limited time.
Just saw your post. Thanks for the heads up. I did my regular redemption for HH a month ago and another one tonight since I'd build up another $125 in a month.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Thank you very much for the head's up on this ^ and I just redeemed 3x$100 just now (and true to form, the points all posted within minutes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.