Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Message from IHG today-

Beginning 22 February 2017, e-Rewards have made changes to their policies and this includes e-Reward points to be posted as non-qualifying points. We believe that e-Reward will disseminate this change soon to their members. As an exception, we would be depositing points as qualifying points until e-Rewards has made members aware of the new policy.

You would see on your account that we have taken out the points that were previously deposited by e-Rewards. You will then see another activity on your account that we have deposited the 8,000 points as elite qualifying points.

Eh, it was good while it lasted. At least that 8K puts me at Platinum until the end of 2018.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:45 pm

man this royally sucks. it was my first deposit into igh hoping to get status.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:20 am

As an exception, we would be depositing points as qualifying points until e-Rewards has made members aware of the new policy.

What does it actually mean? e-Rewards has not made ME aware as of yet. Should I therefore complain about points posted yesterday as non-qualifying or let it go?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Redeemed a United award and it showed up in my United account 5 minutes after redemption. Now that is the way to issue an award!!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by wadmak
As an exception, we would be depositing points as qualifying points until e-Rewards has made members aware of the new policy.

What does it actually mean? e-Rewards has not made ME aware as of yet. Should I therefore complain about points posted yesterday as non-qualifying or let it go?
So what's happened then to everyone else who has had ihg erewards points posted recently and they are clearly not been deposiTed as non qualifying. E Rerwards have not communicated any update to terms so do we have to contact CS each time to get posted as EQ.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
E-miles are still EQ.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by vvn1972
E-miles are still EQ.
Which is odd because I think e-Rewards owns e-miles these days. Still that's another 1500 EQ for me this morning.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Message from IHG today-

Eh, it was good while it lasted. At least that 8K puts me at Platinum until the end of 2018.
how did u get them to post as EQ. i got my second email from them this morning saying that the feb 27th post was specifically not EQ having come from a surveys and opinions program rather than qualified hotel stays or credit card
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
You would have thought it was ihg's decision on whether they are elite qualifying points not, not e-rewards decision, after all e-rewards get nothing in return for them being elite qualifying
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:30 pm

E-rewards on the app are still showing them as being elite qualifying...

​​​​​​​can you transfer e-rewards to Virgin, then transfer to ihg to get them elite qualifying?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Message from IHG today-

Beginning 22 February 2017, e-Rewards have made changes to their policies and this includes e-Reward points to be posted as non-qualifying points.
Wow. My points posted as qualifying on Valentine's Day. Lucky ME!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Saral
You would have thought it was ihg's decision on whether they are elite qualifying points not, not e-rewards decision, after all e-rewards get nothing in return for them being elite qualifying
Wonder if there was now a significant price difference for e-Rewards buying EQ IHG points in bulk compared to non-EQ points. And e-miles still 'worked' because that company is still on the previous batch of points they bought from IHG.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:30 pm

Wonder if there was now a significant price difference for e-Rewards buying EQ IHG points in bulk compared to non-EQ points. And e-miles still 'worked' because that company is still on the previous batch of points they bought from IHG.
I had never thought about it like that before
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:21 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Ugh, that sounds bad. Well, I just redeemed the miles I had and I'll let things rest a few days while that goes through. But it's a shame as nothing has changed and I too have received a heck of a lot of value over the years based on getting a lot of surveys related to my company. Bummed. But thanks for getting back to share what you know.

FTF
Not sure what data sets they use to determine if someone is giving crap data, but they restored my account after I complained about my abrupt termination. Despite this, I am gonna take a break from the site, because the experience was rather humiliating.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

The Rewards Center page on e-Rewards now makes no mention of of point transfers to IHG being EQ. Did it previously? If so, I guess e-Rewards has now made it official that their points no longer post to IHG as EQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.