Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:38 am

Great, VA have changed everyones account numbers but erewards have not updated their systems to accept the new 10 digit acc numbers.
Does anyone know if you can still use your old VA account numbers for credit of points purposes?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:41 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Great, VA have changed everyones account numbers but erewards have not updated their systems to accept the new 10 digit acc numbers.
Does anyone know if you can still use your old VA account numbers for credit of points purposes?
My virgin america account # is still the same as before. 11 digits.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
My virgin america account # is still the same as before. 11 digits.
In the UK we have new 10 digit acc numbers, just been advised by Virgin Atlantic CS that it's fine to still use old acc no's for erewards, my wife's credit a week ago has not hit yet so will wait to see.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: points traveller
how do you find out the max. transfer in a certain period? particularly if you don't have enough points at present

TIA
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
how do you find out the max. transfer in a certain period? particularly if you don't have enough points at present

TIA
Click a reward in the program you want and it should give you a 'Terms and Conditions' link below the message about not having enough for the transfer you requested. There are a few programs like Choice that list N/A as redemption limitation and those have generally been unlimited.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I've completely sworn off any Ipso Interactive surveys - I forget how awful they are and then am reminded when something happens like the survey I wasted time on just now, when I answered numerous questions about beans only to screen out when I was more than halfway through. E-rewards has gotten worse about allowing clients to mine a lot of data and then screen out late in the survey with a paltry 25 cent payout but I've noticed the ones from Ipso Interactive are the worst offenders.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
Ipsos is just as bad or worse on other platforms...

On MyPoints Ipsos surveys won't even give you MyP's if you don't qualify, which is spelled out before you go for them.

I try to evade them 'til after my 5 disqualifications (25 MyP's) max for the day are done...

My favorite surveys on eRewards are the WayPoint ones (no time wasted). Won't mention the rest for fear they "dry off the gravy" out of those...
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:09 pm

My favorite surveys are the Nielsen tv commercials (typically on the SSI sites rather than e-rewards). Painlessly rate three ads in ten minutes or less and pretty much impossible to DQ from.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Hertz is per quarter really, you can redeem on 30 September and then on 1 October, then you wait until next quarter.
Hi there,

Could someone please just kindly confirm that I shall be able to redeem Hertz before 31st of Dec 2016 and again at the beginning of 2017?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by wadmak
Hi there,

Could someone please just kindly confirm that I shall be able to redeem Hertz before 31st of Dec 2016 and again at the beginning of 2017?

Thanks in advance
Yes, you can. However, sometimes Hertz posts quickly and sometimes it takes much longer. I have had it post in 3-4 days and then sometimes it took 3-4 weeks. And more than once I had to contact eRewards before it finally posted (after 2-3 months). Good luck with yours!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
is it me or did Wyndham change from 1 redemption / mo to unlimited? i don't remember it always being unlimited.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:55 am

I'd like to sign my husband up to redeem for Hertz, BA (and possibly Iberia) , and Southwest. Do I get the airline redemption options if I sign him up from Hertz, or do I need to find him a hotel partner? And among the hotels, does Accor let you use vouchers from multiple Le Club accounts to help settle a bill at check out?

Yes, trying to maximize household earning here. Any of the other US redemption options allow household accounts or free points transfers between household members like Hertz does?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
does Accor let you use vouchers from multiple Le Club accounts to help settle a bill at check out?
Yes, no problem at all, especially when the last name is the same. Clerks seem more at ease if you are open when presenting the vouchers and say they are from your husband/colleague/friend's etc. account, as opposed to trying to sneak in vouchers with an obviously unrelated account (which is legal, but there is always some suspicion it was traded etc.)

On a side note, I never got a straight answer about this, but get the feeling hotels get reimbursed by Accor at the face value of the vouchers, not at some heavily discounted rate as when using points at US chains. As a result, the vouchers seem relatively welcome, apart from the extra paperwork they create.

As for household accounts, I am only aware of BA. From an US e-rewards account, the redemption rates into BA and IB are nearly identical, but you'll probably find the $35 monthly cap for BA limiting. If you generate enough e-rewards, better to redeem into both IB and BA (also Avios.com, although redemptions into this partner have been iffy this month - 30 day calendar won't reset), and pool all those avios into one BA household account. While household accounts don't allow transfers, you can get around it with an Avios account, or by inviting/delisting household members at redemption/transfer time.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I'd like to sign my husband up to redeem for Hertz, BA (and possibly Iberia) , and Southwest. Do I get the airline redemption options if I sign him up from Hertz, or do I need to find him a hotel partner? And among the hotels, does Accor let you use vouchers from multiple Le Club accounts to help settle a bill at check out?

Yes, trying to maximize household earning here. Any of the other US redemption options allow household accounts or free points transfers between household members like Hertz does?
To get those options you need to sign up through Hertz or a hotel partner, in the U.S. (Otherwise Hertz does not appear). I don't think Hertz offers invitations, but Accor and Choice do, on their websites.
How does the points transfer between Hertz accounts work? Need to call or can be done with an email?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Deleted

Last edited by neuromancer; Dec 13, 2016 at 10:31 am Reason: Double

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.