Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by odin99
has anyone held a large balance in their e-rewards account? basically, i just want to know if holding a large balance will prevent survey invites. or should i transfer to partners every time i get to ~$100.
What is the point in holding over $100? I redeem each and every time I hit $100
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
What is the point in holding over $100? I redeem each and every time I hit $100
If you can... sometimes there is only one redemption allowed every 90 days (Hilton).
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by mirror74
If you can... sometimes there is only one redemption allowed every 90 days (Hilton).
Oh yeah. Fair enough !
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I let my balance get up to around $300 at the end of last year- hit IHG Platinum and figured I might as well wait until January 1 to redeem and get a jump start on elite-qualifying in 2016 if the points were going to post as such again. Didn't seem to impact how many surveys I got.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I let my balance get up to around $300 at the end of last year- hit IHG Platinum and figured I might as well wait until January 1 to redeem and get a jump start on elite-qualifying in 2016 if the points were going to post as such again. Didn't seem to impact how many surveys I got.
I'm higher than that. Over $400. The real purpose for my account is to top up accounts if needed and to avoid account expirations. So I want it to last as long as possible. I usually transfer a few out when I get within 4-5 months of an expiration date to give it time to post.

I'm lucky to have one of the really old accounts with lots of airline and hotel partners.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by 466SHH
I'm higher than that. Over $400. The real purpose for my account is to top up accounts if needed and to avoid account expirations. So I want it to last as long as possible. I usually transfer a few out when I get within 4-5 months of an expiration date to give it time to post.

I'm lucky to have one of the really old accounts with lots of airline and hotel partners.
Same here. I joined under Northwest, and when Delta later ended their participation with e-Rewards, I got all the redemption options available in the USA.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It used to be that I earned about $100 in e-Rewards "money" in about three months -- just in time to redeem every 90 days for Hilton Hhonors points. But now I have been earning at a much faster rate. So my account balance has been building up.

I don't have access to other hotel companies, since I joined through Hilton's invitation. So I plan to top off FF accounts as needed to keep miles active. But I am at a loss as to what else to redeem for.

I could get BestBuy gift cards and use those to buy ink for our home printer. But they do not seem like an optimal use. I really wish I was allowed to redeem for Hhonors points more often than just every 90 days. I wish I knew whether Hilton is the party that wanted the limit, or if it was e-Rewards.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I finally got "male, female, other". Wondered how long that would take.

Also why is asking about are you Hispanic or not always asked?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
has anyone held a large balance in their e-rewards account? basically, i just want to know if holding a large balance will prevent survey invites. or should i transfer to partners every time i get to ~$100.
No, it won't. Basically even if you don't receive an invite, you can click on "Find survey" on the home page and get at least one survey per day.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I usually have anywhere between $100 and $300 in my E-rewards account, and it has never changed my pattern of emails for new surveys.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:25 pm

Is erewards not working for anyone ? seems down for me on mobile and website

Seems to be working again

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Sep 9, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I had a peak of about $250 and I don't think it affected anything. Someone once posted a copy of their home page for reasons that scape me in the fog of time (but a mistake, whatever it was), and I remember being surprised to see he had over $300. Obviously don't know what happened later with that one but he wasn't posting about not getting surveys.

FTF
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
$243 and still getting lots of surveys. I use for Alaska so limited to $100/month. I figure when I go on vacation I have a buffer to use so I can max out 24,000 miles per year.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:16 pm

Hey, I just had a look at Choice points (was going to offer a rec that sometimes a few of the hotel programs offer decent value if you're buffering too much for your airline program) and saw the 'redemption limitation' was now described a 'N/A'

Anyone try more than one redemption program there in 30 days/ a calendar month? Am wondering if it would now be possible to do a big points dump into that program in advance of a trip to Scandinavia?

And then to convince the spousal unit to drive to Orlando to grab one of those cheap Norwegian flights that pop up from there every so often...
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Choice points... 'redemption limitation' was now described a 'N/A'
same with IHG. no experience with multiple transfers, but i'd assume you're good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.