Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Iberia avios usually post the next Tuesday morning after redemption. If they don't, it may be a glitch (they happen a bit more than with other programs) and still post in a few weeks.

Two weeks on and still nothing. Looks like it's going to be March 2016 all over again. No one was getting their rewards.

I really don't like their 'don't contact us for 35 days' rule.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
After the previous two quarters not posting points to Hertz and needing to email a few times after the 4-6wk waiting period to get them, it seems they've corrected the issue. Redeemed for Hertz this month and it posted within a week.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Did a survey for Japan, got the $5.00 as promised-----took about 40 minutes, was told it would be 15 minutes.
Did a political survey, was promised $5.00, got $4.00 instead.

All the other surveys that promised $0.25 or $0.50 partial credit, received $0.00 for all.

E-Rewards tweaked their system to go directly to "another survey offer", claiming they are giving partial credit at the same time.

They have not been giving partial credit. It must be the usual evil Marc Zuckerberg "hide the error" mentality at E-Rewards, I suppose.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:11 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I get partial credit every time I do not qualify. $0.25 every time.

You might need to wait a few hours for it to post however.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
I've received more credit than promised more than once. It doesn't even out the errors against my favor, but I just consider the errors part of the game.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: points traveller
had an offer for 800 points for a 40 min but screened out
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Happy
email the customer support - they have been quite good to keep you whole in the few incidents I complained about this year. Had one a few days ago, shown 75% complete after 16 min, on a 20 min survey (Beverage). Then the next screen threw me out as not eligible. Emailed the complain immediately. They credited the account the next day with a reply - the system gave $0.25 on the $5 survey and they posted $4.75 manually.
If I emailed these guys every time I spend 10+ minutes on prelims, then get filtered out, it'd be half my day.

I'm now so skeptical that these surveys will pay off that if I see anything in the first 20-25 questions that requires deep consideration, I just dump out. I'm so tired of concentrating on handing over a bunch of data detail, THEN being told I don't qualify. If my earnings off this system go down, fine.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now that I am earning more points than I can usefully spend, I have started to deliberately disqualify on surveys that do not appear likely to interest me. For example, the other day I answered a question about purchasing men's dress shirts by saying that I had not purchased any in the past year. That is just not a topic that excites me.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Now that I am earning more points than I can usefully spend, I have started to deliberately disqualify on surveys that do not appear likely to interest me. For example, the other day I answered a question about purchasing men's dress shirts by saying that I had not purchased any in the past year. That is just not a topic that excites me.
I now pull the ripcord immediately on surveys that demand a crazy / unreasonable amount of detail and recall. I had one a few weeks ago that demanded to know every brand of whisky I have ever tried, and what month / year I last tasted it, going back 30 years. Not only is that an absurd request that simply leads to false data entry, but I'm not going to go to the trouble of even trying to remember that kind of thing if I'm going to be filtered out unceremoniously a few minutes later.

I stick with a lot fewer surveys these days because so many are poorly or incompetently written.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Right now, I'm in 'hit everything' mode. I'm just shy of the redemption that will put me over the top for IHG Spire and am so ready to just get that taken care of, lest I have to actually earn my status by paying for a one night hotel stay or something.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by goldencondor
Two weeks on and still nothing. Looks like it's going to be March 2016 all over again. No one was getting their rewards.

I really don't like their 'don't contact us for 35 days' rule.
Well, my avios from Iberia and Avios.com did not post in time either, so it's one of those periods...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Right now, I'm in 'hit everything' mode. I'm just shy of the redemption that will put me over the top for IHG Spire and am so ready to just get that taken care of, lest I have to actually earn my status by paying for a one night hotel stay or something.
Can i ask what is the issue of going over the top of your spire in points?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Can i ask what is the issue of going over the top of your spire in points?
My current point balance is already spent down for 2017 travel and if I can sneak a e-rewards redemption in by Monday night when they do 'the sweep', it would get me IHG Spire's 25k amenity bonus and I'd have enough for a quick pointbreak trip over US Thanksgiving when those go on sale a few days later.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Has anyone done time/return analysis on which survey firm is the most rewarding for time /effort spent on these surveys? Is it e-miles, e-rewards, Points For Surveys, or any other website?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
IMHO, that (even within the MAJOR OVERHAUL they've been having lately) it would be MyPoints (5 disqualifications cap / day for 25 MyP's or slightly > 15 cents, each disqual lasting < 2 minutes, sometimes < 1). The only completed survey that had me unhappy on MyPoints was an Ipsos one (20-25 minutes for just 49 MyP's or close to 30 cents).

The most satisfying surveys are the WayPoint (pop unexpectedly) ones on eRewards. They always end for me with an error, but they always seem to credit them as fulfilled at the full 4-6 "dollars" (their currency) rate. No much waste of time...

PS: Because of my location (quite often the 00xxx US zipcode will disqualify me) my percentage of qualified surveys may be lower than some, even as sometimes I use one of my relatives' FL one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.