Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
It's ok, if it says N/A, there is no limitation. You can find this with hotel programs, Accor, IHG...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amanuensis
It used to be that I earned about $100 in e-Rewards "money" in about three months -- just in time to redeem every 90 days for Hilton Hhonors points. But now I have been earning at a much faster rate. So my account balance has been building up.

I don't have access to other hotel companies, since I joined through Hilton's invitation. So I plan to top off FF accounts as needed to keep miles active. But I am at a loss as to what else to redeem for.

I could get BestBuy gift cards and use those to buy ink for our home printer. But they do not seem like an optimal use. I really wish I was allowed to redeem for Hhonors points more often than just every 90 days. I wish I knew whether Hilton is the party that wanted the limit, or if it was e-Rewards.
I've been using my extra points on Starbucks gift cards when I've maxed out on airline AA miles (once a month) and Hilton points.

My guess is that the limitations on redemptions are imposed by the partners (Hilton, AA, etc.) We'll never know what actual $$ changes hands at redemption, but my guess is that it's just not not enough that those partners are willing to offer unlimited redemptions.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:00 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I have about $147 right now. I redeem $100 a month for AA miles, amd have already redeemed in the past 30 days.

I bank the extra $$ for those times I am travelling internationally or camping without cell service, so that I can redeem for 2000 AA miles every 30 days regardless of my earnings in the previous 30 days.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by odin99
does anyone have two active e-rewards accounts (either same person w/two or same house hold)
Yes and stopped getting invitations a few months back - has been VERY productive for several years...I guess all good things run their course and come to an end at some point.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by odin99
has anyone held a large balance in their e-rewards account? basically, i just want to know if holding a large balance will prevent survey invites. or should i transfer to partners every time i get to ~$100.
Yes, have held over $300 often.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:13 am

Has anyone had any problems getting points redeemed to accounts when you change the confirmation address at the checkout page section?
I redeemed for etihad over a week ago, prior to that EY redemptions only took three days to credit and im getting worried now that points wont show, i changed the address in the conf page as didnt match my EY accounts address.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone had any problems getting points redeemed to accounts when you change the confirmation address at the checkout page section?
I redeemed for etihad over a week ago, prior to that EY redemptions only took three days to credit and im getting worried now that points wont show, i changed the address in the conf page as didnt match my EY accounts address.
3 day posting time seems exceptionally generous and I would not expect that tbh

Your address does not matter. Some airline redemptions can take many weeks, Alaska, American.. Etihad probably
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
3 day posting time seems exceptionally generous and I would not expect that tbh

Your address does not matter. Some airline redemptions can take many weeks, Alaska, American.. Etihad probably
Thanks, its the first EY credit on my wifes account, AA normally takes 7 x days so lets hope it comes through soon!
Update: came through after 9 x days.(phew) 😆

Last edited by Tilly71; Sep 14, 2016 at 9:10 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:29 am

How long does it take on average in the UK to receive a gift voucher ordered through the post?
Update: took exactly 3 x weeks to arrive!

Last edited by Tilly71; Oct 4, 2016 at 8:21 am
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
Haven't had any issues with taking surveys, however last quarter I redeemed for Hertz points and they never posted, so took two emails to get it corrected. Now in early July I redeemed for Hertz again and it still hasn't posted. Seems like they have issues with crediting points.
I reedemed $120 for Hertz points a few days ago, and so far nothing, despite a popup message at the time promising the points within 30 minutes.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by amanuensis
I reedemed $120 for Hertz points a few days ago, and so far nothing, despite a popup message at the time promising the points within 30 minutes.
Just another data point: I redeemed $65 for 550 Hertz points on Monday, October 3. They were in my account three days later (October 6).
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
redeemed $120 for hertz pts and they posted in about 5days (posted 10 d ago)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Swear this was a one off but I redeemed for AS miles and they were there in just 2 days. Shocking !
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: points traveller
what's the best redemption? down here in Australia it looks like AA is not too bad. gift cards seem to be the worst.

also - you all seem to be talking about $, whereas they use points here - seems to be 'equivalent' though -i.e. you get 25 points if you get dumped out of a study
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It really depends on your travel patterns and preferred chains as well as which partners are available in your country. If you can make IB Avios work for you, 3,000 Avios for $100 or point equivalent seems a very good value. The IHG points are elite-qualifying (as are the Accor points in 2016) and are useful if you're going to be just shy of leveling up- hitting Spire with IHG triggers a bonus 25K elite gift. If you're planning a trip to Scandinavia, Choice has some useful options there at a good price in points compared to cash options. I don't know enough about the Virgins to say how well those work out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.