Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
Actually, if you have enough e-Rewards points and more than one FFP or hospitality program account and somehow you have the option of having different brands as options (in my case it was DL, which I've entered from originally, got out of the program and had then the chance to put points elsewhere in the air + all the hotel chains if I wanted) you can put into several brands (1 acct. x program) in the same month, points permitting.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

This company has a plethora of complaints against it for not delivering rewards as promised. One can search this out online (Better Business Bureau) and also file a complaint against them if you feel that you need to. For many of these people, it appears that this was the only way they got their rewards to post.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
So, nobody received their Hertz points recently? Wanted to get some, but if it is a problem, I'll redeem for Avios instead.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
DP: recieved southwest points in about 6 days.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
This company has a plethora of complaints against it for not delivering rewards as promised. One can search this out online (Better Business Bureau) and also file a complaint against them if you feel that you need to. For many of these people, it appears that this was the only way they got their rewards to post.
I've never had an issue with redeemed rewards not posting. My issue with them is when the surveys are designed so that you have to answer many questions before screening out. I just had one on paper towels and was pretty far into it when I was disqualified - a waste of time and they mined far more data than they should have for a lousy .25 payout.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:17 pm

Hertz posted for me

My Hertz points finally posted after I had to do a follow up email after the 6-8 week mark. E-rewards Rep said in email they'd check to see what happened, 3 days later points posted.

Based on current shenanigans with Hertz and their new IT system and lack of their own bonus points posting for current promo, that and everyone else getting other points posted with different partners, I'm going with this being Hertz issue.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I've never had an issue with redeemed rewards not posting. My issue with them is when the surveys are designed so that you have to answer many questions before screening out. I just had one on paper towels and was pretty far into it when I was disqualified - a waste of time and they mined far more data than they should have for a lousy .25 payout.
I agree. I've had this issue as well.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wrightflight
My Hertz points finally posted after I had to do a follow up email after the 6-8 week mark. E-rewards Rep said in email they'd check to see what happened, 3 days later points posted.

Based on current shenanigans with Hertz and their new IT system and lack of their own bonus points posting for current promo, that and everyone else getting other points posted with different partners, I'm going with this being Hertz issue.
Whose new IT system?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:47 pm

Hertz new IT

Hertz has the new IT system, and seems to be causing all sorts of issues.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 9:29 am

Has anyone on here had experience of when you get your reward for completing the daily newspaper diary survey.
It does not state when you get the reward of £3.50 and all completed this morning but no final survey feedback questionaire to complete where you normally get your points.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:28 am

Has anyone redeemed for miles to aa under spouses frequent flyer? Any issues?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by ShopAround
My issue with them is when the surveys are designed so that you have to answer many questions before screening out. I just had one on paper towels and was pretty far into it when I was disqualified - a waste of time and they mined far more data than they should have for a lousy .25 payout.
Happens all the time. E-rewards has no control over survey design, but I have often gotten six or eight minutes into a very involved survey, provided a lot of usable data, then been filtered out.

Three other irritating things are:

Survey writers demanding an insane degree of recall and consciousness about trivial things -- every furniture polish you have ever used in your life, or how many ounces of hot sauce you consumed in 1987. The more unrecollectable detail they ask for, the greater the odds that a user will, um, just make stuff up.

Higher incidence lately of surveys asking to download applets or turn my webcam on and watch me as I react to things. Absolutely, positively no.

Since I marked a certain birthday I am automatically filtered out of more surveys without discussion. Marketers are much less interested in the views of those older than a certain target demo.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by BearX220
...Survey writers demanding an insane degree of recall and consciousness about trivial things -- every furniture polish you have ever used in your life, or how many ounces of hot sauce you consumed in 1987. The more unrecollectable detail they ask for, the greater the odds that a user will, um, just make stuff up.
+1. Often ridiculous. I also hate it when they ask in depth about brands you say you've never heard of or consideration levels of brands you only know by name.

But most of this is forgiven if it helps me build my Hilton points balance .
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
I also hate it when they ask in depth about brands you say you've never heard of...
Many surveys contain stunning logic lapses, indicating no QA / review processes or that they're written by some pretty junior heads.

For example, confirming that you have never owned a snowblower in your life and never intend to, then asking deep, probing questions about your snowblower likes and dislikes. (I had a long one recently asking me what brands I thought were appropriate sponsors for Euro 2016, what their connections with Euro 2016 made me think, how often I watched Euro 2016 matches, etc.... after I made clear I am not a football fan and did not even know what Euro 2016 was.)

Or forcing you to enter false data (selecting a multiple-choice option even when none is "correct") in order to continue.

These things aren't that hard to avoid, but many survey firms don't seem to try that hard. I shudder to think of the weighty business decisions made based on the junk data these broken surveys yield.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:56 pm

I just got this offer. $2.50 for 60 minutes for a follow up survey. Maybe that is a typo, but I don't want to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.