Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mary2e
...I emailed them yesterday and received a stock answer within an hour about all the things that *I* could have done wrong, including putting in the wrong account number and also reminding me that it could take 6-8 weeks. This answer also indicated they were closing my ticket.

I responded to reopen it, asked them to check the Hertz number (and gave them the account number) and again, told them it was nearly 8 weeks.
I just received the same boilerplate email. Sigh.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I also have not heard back from my facebook post which was forwarded to customer service.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MrPaulAR
Does eRewards remove redemption partners from individuals for some reason? I used to be able to redeem for Southwest but I no longer have it. I don't have Avios either.
How did you sign up for e-Rewards? Could be you had some other airline offers you weren't supposed to before if you signed up through American and they finally 'fixed' it for you.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
How did you sign up for e-Rewards? Could be you had some other airline offers you weren't supposed to before if you signed up through American and they finally 'fixed' it for you.
I don't know how I signed up but I think it was HHonors link because I can get 7k points with $125 erewards.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:27 pm
Suspended

I think E-rewards is either going out of business or has fired me as a customer. No reply to my many emails inquiring about my Hertz points not posting. It has been 2 months now.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know how I signed up but I think it was HHonors link because I can get 7k points with $125 erewards.
I know I signned up via Hhonors (a long, long time ago) and I get 7k for $100 e-rewards. So either e-Rewards does not offer a cost break for newer people who sign up through Hilton, or you did not sign up with Hilton.
Old May 23, 2016, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by amanuensis
I know I signned up via Hhonors (a long, long time ago) and I get 7k for $100 e-rewards. So either e-Rewards does not offer a cost break for newer people who sign up through Hilton, or you did not sign up with Hilton.
Same for me-signed up with Hilton and get 7k/$100
Old May 23, 2016, 6:09 pm

With all this talk about E-Rewards difficulties, I redeemed $100 yesterday for 4000 Choice Privileges points. This morning, the points were in my Choice account. Very speedy!
Old May 24, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If you had signed up through Hilton, you would have had HH as the only hotel partner and all the airlines. As I see only AA as an airline partner and all the hotels, it seems you signed up via AA and everything is in order. Why you had Southwest I don't know, but it may have been some irregularity which is now fixed.

PS Or you signed up via US Airlines, it disappeared and they gave you some other airlines as a bonus, which ended?

Last edited by neuromancer; May 24, 2016 at 10:09 am
Old May 24, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by dorif
With all this talk about E-Rewards difficulties, I redeemed $100 yesterday for 4000 Choice Privileges points. This morning, the points were in my Choice account. Very speedy!
Speed varies. HHonors works literally overnight. BA Avios took six weeks.

I do not think the issues upthread point to fiscal problems at eRewards. I think they point to overwhelming back-end complexity with this laundry list of redemption partners... and a company in way over its head.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I finally heard back after reopening the ticket a week ago. Still nothing from my facebook post. So they're admitting there's a problem...

Please accept my apologies for the issue you have experienced with your Hertz redemption.

This is due to a technical issue which has affected a small number of members.

We are working to get the issue resolved and your points credited.

This should be rectified in the next 7-10 days.

Thank you for your inquiry,
Except 7-10 days is about 8-9 weeks after April 1

Also, this has to be more than a small number of members, given that not all of them are on FT, and several have posted they're also still waiting
Old May 24, 2016, 4:21 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I try to get $100 a month for AA redemptions. Today was the first day I was eligible to redeem for AA, and I only had $95.65 in the account.

So I went into my email and clicked the link in every email they have ever sent me. Sure enough, now I am at $100.40.

I would suggest everyone do that monthly. I did it last month and ended up getting an additional $15 or so.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BearX220
I do not think the issues upthread point to fiscal problems at eRewards. I think they point to overwhelming back-end complexity with this laundry list of redemption partners... and a company in way over its head.
Or who is trying to wrangle any number of redemption partners who are all on their own schedules for exchanging money for reward points. United seems quite easy to work with- there are a number of rewards programs where a United redemption is deposited in your miles account in five minutes or less. But I would expect any 'technical problems' with an Accor redemption in August to take their dear sweet time to resolve due to understaffing in the Accor mothership that time of year.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Or who is trying to wrangle any number of redemption partners who are all on their own schedules for exchanging money for reward points. United seems quite easy to work with- there are a number of rewards programs where a United redemption is deposited in your miles account in five minutes or less.
I agree; so far this year I've redeemed E-rewards points for Hilton (twice), Southwest Airlines and Starbucks. All posted within a day or two. Having learned to go to the E-Rewards site and look for surveys instead of just waiting for e-mails, I'm easily getting through a survey every day (not just the 25 cent "thanks-for-playing" credit) and the money for the survey responses typically posts in a couple of days.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:55 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I finally heard back after reopening the ticket a week ago. Still nothing from my facebook post. So they're admitting there's a problem...

Got the same email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.