Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Seems like they've removed it.
Was under My Account -> Review Account Statement.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Seems like they've removed it.
Was under My Account -> Review Account Statement.
Excellent. I'm not going crazy after all.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:14 pm

I only saw one other reference to it in this thread but I have a $145 redemption option for a $50 iTunes giftcard. It's only redeemable once every 180 days but I have a hard time seeing how you can accumulate award money that fast anyway. I figure it's better than another random 7000 Hilton or 4000 PC points.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I only saw one other reference to it in this thread but I have a $145 redemption option for a $50 iTunes giftcard. It's only redeemable once every 180 days but I have a hard time seeing how you can accumulate award money that fast anyway. I figure it's better than another random 7000 Hilton or 4000 PC points.
I accumulate very consistently $50 erewards currency each month, but I also take part in every single survey
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Either I'm getting old or there's something strange going on.... can someone please remind me where to see when my $ will expire and how much as I can't find the relevant screen. Thanks.
The T&C appear to have an updated interpretation of currency expiration:

Section 8) Expiration of e-Rewards Currency
a)If Member's account has been inactive for twelve (12) months immediately preceding the end of the Membership Year, one-hundred percent (100%) of any unused e-Rewards Currency remaining in the a Member's account that was earned during the just-ended Membership Year will expire, and will be removed from the Member's account.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 3:17 pm

T&C appears to have been updated with the expiration now requiring activity during the past 12 months. I'll contact them to ask them what they define as "inactive" and report back.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
This actually appears to be a huge liberalization of their previous policy, under which 75% or 80% (I forget which) of any currency in your account at end of your membership year was just taken from you - no matter whether you were active or not.

So if you'd been saving for a reward toward the end of your year and didn't complete enough surveys for enough currency to claim the reward - or even if you weren't allowed because it hadn't been 90 days since your last airline redemption for example - they just stole it from you.

Now it seems like if you are active (whatever that means exactly, thanks for checking, freetravelguys), you will be OK. Kind of a big relief, actually, since we don't have control over the timing of earning or redemption...

FTF
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
This actually appears to be a huge liberalization of their previous policy, under which 75% or 80% (I forget which) of any currency in your account at end of your membership year was just taken from you - no matter whether you were active or not.

So if you'd been saving for a reward toward the end of your year and didn't complete enough surveys for enough currency to claim the reward - or even if you weren't allowed because it hadn't been 90 days since your last airline redemption for example - they just stole it from you.

Now it seems like if you are active (whatever that means exactly, thanks for checking, freetravelguys), you will be OK. Kind of a big relief, actually, since we don't have control over the timing of earning or redemption...

FTF
Their prior policy was very unfair. I redeemed some currency a couple of months ago because it was set to expire, and even after I did that, they still took away a percentage of what was left over. I suppose enough people complained about it. I emailed them yesterday, but no reply yet, so when and if they do I'll post their answer here.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:00 pm

I know the consensus is to not make 2 deposits from 2 ereward accounts into 1 airline account within the 30 day redemption period, but FWIW I'm wondering if anybody has actually tried depositing from 2 erewards accounts into a mileage plus account (in the same 30 day period) I would really like to take advantage of the MileUp promotion just 1 more time!!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I know the consensus is to not make 2 deposits from 2 ereward accounts into 1 airline account within the 30 day redemption period, but FWIW I'm wondering if anybody has actually tried depositing from 2 erewards accounts into a mileage plus account (in the same 30 day period) I would really like to take advantage of the MileUp promotion just 1 more time!!
E-Rewards is known to take adverse action and close duplicate accounts. Do u really want to take a chance ..
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Can't say I'm surprised after sister company e-miles did the same.

Dear (beachmouse),

As an e-Rewards® Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMiles®, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMiles® available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

EARN 25% MORE IN 2013

To show our appreciation for your participation in 2012 and to make your e-Rewards Currency go further with your new Reward options, we are going to award you quarterly bonuses for your activity during 2013. You can earn 25% MORE e-Rewards Currency for every survey answered!*

What's the catch? There isn't one -- just keep responding to surveys! Your 25% bonus will be credited after each calendar quarter during 2013 based upon all the e-Rewards Currency you earned during that quarter.

It's our way of saying - Thank you!

*Your 25% earnings (e-Rewards Bonus) will be credited within 2 weeks following the end of every calendar quarter. We'll notify you when your account has been credited.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Can't say I'm surprised after sister company e-miles did the same.

Dear (beachmouse),

As an e-Rewards® Member who joined us from either Delta Air Lines or Northwest Airlines and has claimed Delta SkyMiles®, we wanted to notify you that Delta Air Lines has chosen to no longer make SkyMiles® available to us as a Reward option. However, as of January 1, 2013 you can redeem your e-Rewards Currency for an expanded list of frequent flyer currency from American Airlines, Southwest, and United, as well as other travel partners!

EARN 25% MORE IN 2013

To show our appreciation for your participation in 2012 and to make your e-Rewards Currency go further with your new Reward options, we are going to award you quarterly bonuses for your activity during 2013. You can earn 25% MORE e-Rewards Currency for every survey answered!*

What's the catch? There isn't one -- just keep responding to surveys! Your 25% bonus will be credited after each calendar quarter during 2013 based upon all the e-Rewards Currency you earned during that quarter.

It's our way of saying - Thank you!

*Your 25% earnings (e-Rewards Bonus) will be credited within 2 weeks following the end of every calendar quarter. We'll notify you when your account has been credited.
This could be pretty valuable, I hope is available for everybody (the 25% bonus-) I redeem about 1,000 miles a month.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freetravelguys
T&C appears to have been updated with the expiration now requiring activity during the past 12 months. I'll contact them to ask them what they define as "inactive" and report back.
I contacted them on December 21st and again December 24th which I realize is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow will be seven days since my first contact and I am not impressed. I realize we had Christmas this week but companies that deal with customer service don't close for the whole week.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ChanelCinq
I contacted them on December 21st and again December 24th which I realize is Christmas Eve. Tomorrow will be seven days since my first contact and I am not impressed. I realize we had Christmas this week but companies that deal with customer service don't close for the whole week.
Opps, I just saw that they say they try to answer in 5 business days and with the holidays that probably means like 10 so I will not hold my breath.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by ChanelCinq
Opps, I just saw that they say they try to answer in 5 business days and with the holidays that probably means like 10 so I will not hold my breath.
It's been less than that since I emailed them and I haven't heard back, but if I don't then I won't be too annoyed. In the end this is something I get for nothing, so my expectations aren't too high with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.