Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
Also both BA and Iberia accounts should have some activity.
BA account is relatively easy to do but how to generate activity in IB account?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
BA account is relatively easy to do but how to generate activity in IB account?
The avios you earn through e-rewards are posted to your Iberia account. Is that what you were asking? All of the avios in my Iberia Plus account were earned through e-rewards, then transferred to avios.com, and then transferred to by BAEC Household Account. It is very easy, once the 90-day period is finished.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I am leaning towards 2K United miles for $100 ...
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
The avios you earn through e-rewards are posted to your Iberia account. Is that what you were asking? All of the avios in my Iberia Plus account were earned through e-rewards, then transferred to avios.com, and then transferred to by BAEC Household Account. It is very easy, once the 90-day period is finished.
Thank you for the info. Your comment gives me incentive to set up the 2 accounts for this purpose. So the Avios.com account can start from 0 but still able to receive the transfer from IB?

I quite like Avios now for its excellent value for short haul flights, esp now it seems BA does not charge YQ on AB flights.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:14 am

Thank you for the info. Your comment gives me incentive to set up the 2 accounts for this purpose. So the Avios.com account can start from 0 but still able to receive the transfer from IB?
Correct. My avios.com account has never earned any avios points. It is simply a conduit. It has never had any avios points in it, except for a few minutes during a transfer.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Originally Posted by alecheverry
I tried to redeem $100 dollars 3 days ago and it didn't let me, and just today I realize that the price went up....this sucks!
I ended redeeming $100 for 2000 AA miles....not much, but oh well, better than the new Hilton honors exchange rate... And it is good to have AA back @ E-rewards as an option
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
So the route is IB to Avios.com to BA but the BA account can be inside the Household Account? Both IB and Avios accounts would be new since we only have BA accounts.
Yes, BA account can be part of a household (If it is not, you can transfer directly from Iberia). The transfer of e-rewards to IB will activate it, nothing to do more here. Not sure if you can transfer to Avios.com without it being active, if you take the avios out immediately afterwards, I had bought something from Ebay and had some activity (this is now closed).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL/silver
where

Originally Posted by alecheverry
I ended redeeming $100 for 2000 AA miles....not much, but oh well, better than the new Hilton honors exchange rate... And it is good to have AA back @ E-rewards as an option
where do you see AA @ E-rewards?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greg47
where do you see AA @ E-rewards?
If your e-reward account is sponsored by an airline, you would only see THAT airline as your transfer option for airline. Ditto for hotels.

If your e-reward account is not from either airline or hotel sponsorship, you then will see ALL available options for airlines and hotels.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:37 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
If your e-reward account is sponsored by an airline, you would only see THAT airline as your transfer option for airline. Ditto for hotels.

If your e-reward account is not from either airline or hotel sponsorship, you then will see ALL available options for airlines and hotels.
I thought that was the case with e-Miles while e-Rewards has many program options regardless of who sponsored you.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:51 am

My spouse and I each have an e-rewards account, and we have many reward options in common, but we have different airline reward options. For example, I can do Iberia Avios (which can be transferred to British Airways) but not AA. Conversely, my spouse can only do AA, not Avios.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL/silver
what do I have to do to have AA my sponsored airline ?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by greg47
what do I have to do to have AA my sponsored airline ?
Click here for your answer — and you can earn 250 American Airlines AAdvantage points in the process as well.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DH's account is not from either airline or hotel - dont remember how he has gotten it - he can see ALL airlines and ALL hotels options. My account does not see HHonor and I am told because my account is from Priority Club.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked this morning and Hilton still offers 7,000 points for $100. Since Hilton is my only hotel choice, I assume that Hilton is the company that invited me to E-rewards. Maybe that makes a difference.

Or maybe E-rewards is doing A/B testing, testing different mixes of redemption offers. Or maybe they are (as a previous poster theorized) changing the Hilton offer in tranches. But why would E-rewards need to make the change one batch at a time instead of all at once, IF E-rewards had already decided that 7,000 points for $100 was too generous? If they are doing A/B testing then I am in the lucky group that has not (so far) been changed. And, if they are testing, and the change shows that the change is not achieving the metrics that E-rewards thought it would meet, then maybe it will be rolled back globally. (Until E-rewards thinks of another A/B test to run ...)

Just my 2cents. I obviously have no real knowledge about what E-rewards is doing. But I work at an E-commerce company, and we are doing A/B testing of one kind or another almost constantly. So that is why my thoughts went that direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.