Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:37 pm

If its been years, they tagged you as untrustworthy and stuck your account in the "do not send any more invites" bin. The only way out of that is to use a different address and get a new account.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
I just noticed that some of my e-rewards accounts let me redeem for e-miles. This is a very interesting option since e-miles could be redeemed for the following FF programs:
Delta Air Lines®, Continental Airlines®, US Airways®, AirTran Airways®, Alaska Airlines®, Frontier Airlines® or Hilton HHonors®

This could be very helpful to some since not all of the e-miles programs are available for every e-rewards account to redeem for directly.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Si_Ting_ca
I'm $0.70 away from the next threshold but I'm not sure if I'll get another survey before my points expire. Is there a way to make up the $0.70?

They have been very good at simply giving me the small amount of credit needed in this type of situation, if I ask them nicely.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rodrigo
[Sorry if this has been covered before!]

I haven't gotten e-rewards opportunities in YEARS, literally.

What should I do??

I tried changing my email preferences, making some changes here and there on my profile... but nothing..

Should I just cancel and hope I get another invitation somehow? I received one from US Airways recently.. But I prefer not to cancel since it appears my account is not linked with any airline in particular...
I didn't get a survey invitation for over a year, and when I finally emailed them about it a few days ago, I got the following message:
"e-Rewards Member Services to me
show details Sep 24 (1 day ago)

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. You inquired regarding the decreased frequency of survey invitations that you receive. We have reviewed your past participation in the e-Rewards program and have determined that we stopped sending survey invitations to you as a matter of policy.

e-Rewards serves clients in the consumer packaged goods industry, auto industry, and in general to companies who provide products or services that are sold to businesses and consumers around the world. These clients use survey results to make decisions that have significant financial implications for their companies. As such they rely upon the quality of the survey answers they receive from e-Rewards panelists.

From time to time our clients report that a specific panelist's answers to a survey are unusable because the e-Rewards panelist clearly did not provide consistent, plausible answers to survey questions. When we receive a number of such reports about the same e-Rewards panelist, we stop sending survey invitations to the panelist, as panelists who do not provide honest and thoughtful opinions are not of interest to our clients.

Panelists who are no longer invited to participate in surveys may still have use of their e-Rewards accounts, and may redeem any and all outstanding balances at their disposal.

Sincerely,
Member Services"

Wow, so they do this, after all!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by lhs323
When we receive a number of such reports about the same e-Rewards panelist, we stop sending survey invitations to the panelist, as panelists who do not provide honest and thoughtful opinions are not of interest to our clients.
Whoa... they're effectively calling you a liar in the face! If I had answered my surveys in earnest and receive this response because, for whatever reason, some clients have the "right" to say my completed surveys are "unusable" - I'd be extremely aggrieved.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:26 am

Did anyone just do the water survey? Did anyone find that it took waaaay longer than the quoted 25 minutes and found it confusing on some of the question?

I feel like some of these surveys really push the envelope sometimes of time commitment vs. compensation.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I got a invite from Holiday Inn and it has al the irine and othr partners!! Muc better than he one I have with Alaska Airlines!!!!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Find e-rewards declined a lot after 2008 as companies spend less for surveys. That being said it been very lean in recent months and the process has changed where you'd be deep into a survey to find you didn't qualify or the quota has already been meet. Since survey frequency (revenue) is low could be they are on hard times w/o survey revenue so maybe best to cash out before the bank closes? Just a thought.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:28 am

I doubt they'll close any time soon, they're probably just really struggling to get honest answers. If a company gets only about 50% legitimate answers from those who qualify, they're going to discount the payouts for everyone. Bad for those who legitimately participate, but that is what leeches do to everything that can be good.

That also explains why more questions are asked before "qualifying". It is an attempt to weed out the liars beforehand.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:46 pm

Did anyone else recently do a daily coffee "study"? The qualifying questions were tacked onto the end of a different E-Rewards survey. The survey company itself sent another link to complete the study. When I finished, they sent me email confirmation that I qualified for payment, but it didn't mention anything about E-rewards in it and I haven't received anything. I checked my E-Rewards account history and it doesn't list the project.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA, WN
Wall Street Journal Question

I currently have about $85 or so in my E-Rewards account, of which 75% will expire at the end of the month. Last Spring, I redeemed some $ in my account for a 26 week Wall Street Journal subscription. I noticed they no longer offer the WSJ as a reward. Will this reward likely return sometime next year? I primarily joined E-Rewards for WSJ and Forbes magazine subscriptions. If the WSJ will no longer be a redemption option, which airline or hotel mileage program offers the lowest redemption level for the WSJ? I'm thinking I could start a frequent flyer account Delta, Alaska, Hilton Honors etc and then use my E-Rewards $ to redeem miles for those programs and then use those miles for WSJ and Forbes subscriptions. Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
After skimming this thread about eRewards I guess I've just been lucky... I looked at my redemption history and over the past 3 years I've redeemed for an average of 14kHH points/year, 2.2k points and a free mag.

One time I really felt that I'd been cheated out of credit having answered endless questions without being compensated. I emailed customer service and they credited my account. The piece de resistace was this past summer when I took place in a panel where I agreed not to watch Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert for a week and got $75 in credit. Craig Ferguson is funny!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by mareh
Did anyone else recently do a daily coffee "study"? The qualifying questions were tacked onto the end of a different E-Rewards survey. The survey company itself sent another link to complete the study. When I finished, they sent me email confirmation that I qualified for payment, but it didn't mention anything about E-rewards in it and I haven't received anything. I checked my E-Rewards account history and it doesn't list the project.
Did you wait the required amount of time for the rewards to post? Did you contact e-rewards customer service via their online email form to inquire about the credit?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Vitaforce
I currently have about $85 or so in my E-Rewards account, of which 75% will expire at the end of the month. Last Spring, I redeemed some $ in my account for a 26 week Wall Street Journal subscription. I noticed they no longer offer the WSJ as a reward. Will this reward likely return sometime next year? I primarily joined E-Rewards for WSJ and Forbes magazine subscriptions. If the WSJ will no longer be a redemption option, which airline or hotel mileage program offers the lowest redemption level for the WSJ? I'm thinking I could start a frequent flyer account Delta, Alaska, Hilton Honors etc and then use my E-Rewards $ to redeem miles for those programs and then use those miles for WSJ and Forbes subscriptions. Thanks for any advice.
Under the e-rewards Magazine Collection rewards, I see a 26-week subscription to WSJ available for 50 e-rewards "dollars."

I also see the following message once you click on it:

Redemption Limitation

Redemption of this Reward is limited. You may claim one reward per twelve month period per e-Rewards account.
So, it doesn't look like you'll be able to receive a whole year's WSJ subscription solely out of your e-rewards account!

Oh, and another thing it says about the WSJ subscription:

Offer is available for new subscribers and in the contiguous U.S. only.
So if you're not a new subscriber, technically you're not supposed to be able to get this.... (Seems contradictory with being able to redeem it once per year, though.)

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Oct 16, 2010 at 9:06 am
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by mareh
I found that a bit confusing as well. It did mention in the email that it would take 2-3 weeks before receiving credit so I'll wait it out and see what happens. Seemed a pretty easy way to add 3k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.