Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by KathinJax
You would get 2,000 United miles with $100 in e-rewards.
Thank you

Is 2000 the maximum redemption?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by flood
Thank you

Is 2000 the maximum redemption?
Yes, it is the maximum and it looks like you can only do one redemption every 30 days. The other levels are $25 = 500 miles, $50 = 1,000 miles.

Redemption of MileagePlus miles, through e-Rewards, is limited to one (1) redemption per 30-day period, per MileagePlus account and/or e-Rewards member account.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Anyone else receive an invitation to install the E-Rewards Notify program? I thought I'd give it a whirl and installed it. It runs in the background, and apparently does a pop-up when a new survey is available. Hopefully that'll avoid the annoying instances where you get an email, click the link, and receive a message that the survey has expired.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:19 am

@KathinJax: Thanks! That's what I was after

@MeLike2Travel: I've not had an invitation to install the notify program, but I often get the survey expired messages. Sometimes when I've got my inbox open I see an email arrive with an invitation for a survey and click on it straight away and it has already expired. Have contacted their support who were utterly clueless. Any ideas what causes this? Is it perhaps a dead link that they erroneously send out?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
Anyone else receive an invitation to install the E-Rewards Notify program? I thought I'd give it a whirl and installed it. It runs in the background, and apparently does a pop-up when a new survey is available. Hopefully that'll avoid the annoying instances where you get an email, click the link, and receive a message that the survey has expired.
I did get this. I do notice some lag time between when I get an email alert and when the notification pops up.

Sometimes I get a notification about the same survey after I've done it because I checked my email earlier.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
Thumbs down That's a bad exchange rate

Originally Posted by jk2
Is it only me, but I see that Hilton Honors rate for e-rewards now is $125 for 7K points. Last month it was only $100 for 7K points.
I tried to redeem $100 dollars 3 days ago and it didn't let me, and just today I realize that the price went up....this sucks!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by alecheverry
I tried to redeem $100 dollars 3 days ago and it didn't let me, and just today I realize that the price went up....this sucks!
I see this too. Lame! Anyway. I am debating getting CC, PC or waiting 2 months to get more hertz points. Any thoughts, I have $100. I want more hertz points but I get impatient when it come to redemptions. I think I can gain more money in two months. I have been averaging about 1 to 2 surveys per day. I have no pressing need for any points outside of hertz would just be top offs.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:44 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by phdtomd
I see this too. Lame! ...
Concur. And frustrating.

Is this an e-Rewards decision or an HHonors one? Any supposition? This is the sort of thing that made me give up on MyPoints.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am still seeing the old pricing -- 7,000 HH points for $100.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:57 pm

Heads up for those of you that use Dropbox and e-Rewards Notify.

I noticed that my Dropbox sync stopped working recently and have been trying to figure out why. It gives an error stating that my computer's date and time are wrong, even though it's correct and has been synced to several different NTP servers.

I've tried uninstalling Dropbox and reinstalling it. None of my other computers have sync issues.

It turns out that e-Rewards Notify has been messing with the SSL connection Dropbox uses to sync. After uninstalling it, Dropbox worked again perfectly.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by phdtomd
I see this too. Lame! Anyway. I am debating getting CC, PC or waiting 2 months to get more hertz points. Any thoughts, I have $100. I want more hertz points but I get impatient when it come to redemptions. I think I can gain more money in two months. I have been averaging about 1 to 2 surveys per day. I have no pressing need for any points outside of hertz would just be top offs.
I redeemed $60 e-rewards for 500 Hertz points back in early August (was hoping for a Labor Day free rental - how naive!). Three months later I still don't have it. Half away through the waiting period (around mid September) I've contacted e-rewards about the issue, got a reply that they are "looking into this" and would let me know as soon as possible about the the problem. It's been 3 months since the redemption and I have no hopes of ever getting those Hertz points. All other redemptions always worked for me - from a near instant posting for Hilton Honors to the longest for La Quinta.

To add, the only reason I used e-rewards in the first place that is it seems to be the only option in getting Hertz points without actual rentals, i.e. through a points/portal transfer.

Last edited by fungirl; Nov 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm Reason: addition
Old Nov 12, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by fungirl
I redeemed $60 e-rewards for 500 Hertz points back in early August (was hoping for a Labor Day free rental - how naive!). Three months later I still don't have it. Half away through the waiting period (around mid September) I've contacted e-rewards about the issue, got a reply that they are "looking into this" and would let me know as soon as possible about the the problem. It's been 3 months since the redemption and I have no hopes of ever getting those Hertz points. All other redemptions always worked for me - from a near instant posting for Hilton Honors to the longest for La Quinta.

To add, the only reason I used e-rewards in the first place that is it seems to be the only option in getting Hertz points without actual rentals, i.e. through a points/portal transfer.
That's terrible. Mine took a little over a week.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Bummer, yeah I had a Hertz redemption post to my account in 4-5 days recently.

I'm guessing e-rewards customer service doesn't exactly consider participants to be their customers. I've asked them several times about switching airline programs on my account. I expected them to say "no", but they managed to fly under those expectations by simply not replying.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jk2
Is it only me, but I see that Hilton Honors rate for e-rewards now is $125 for 7K points. Last month it was only $100 for 7K points.
Me too. Not only that, after I finally hit the $125 threshold this week and redeemed the 7k award, no transfer occurred. In my experience e-rewards transfers to HHonors have always been instantaneous. This time, nothing. I will give it a few days before I contact "customer service," but between this and the diluted Hilton redemption rate, e-rewards is scarcely worth doing anymore.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:30 pm

This afternoon, I participated in an interactive 90-minute on-line focus group through e-rewards (the subject was advertising about the oil and gas industry). I am supposed to receive $35 in e-rewards credits for this session. Very interesting ..... I had not done anything similar on e-rewards. Anybody else do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.