Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by cupps
I just transferred $25 of Erewards in to 500 miles for my wife's United account from her E-Rewards account a few days ago. I know with Hilton in the past the transfer was fairly instant, but this one seems to be lagging. Any experience with timing?
Transferred Friday 3/1. Arrived today 3/8, but appears dated 3/5 in my MP statement.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Hilton is instant, but the other partners may take from 1 to 6-8 weeks.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
United transfer time

Thanks for the feedbank. I guess I will check early next week.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 pm

For the past 2-3 weeks, I haven't received any survey offers. Prior to that, I used to get several offers per week.

Have others seen a drop in survey offers too? Besides messaging their customer service, I don't suppose I have any other option?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan
For the past 2-3 weeks, I haven't received any survey offers. Prior to that, I used to get several offers per week.

Have others seen a drop in survey offers too? Besides messaging their customer service, I don't suppose I have any other option?
Do you have an e-Rewards account with AA? I had it through a couple of airlines and the surveys just stopped coming in months ago, probably because of the speed with which I completed them. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that you can sign up for e-Rewards without an invitation through the AA site. It's a public offer there. You get 250 AA miles just for signing up, and after I did I've been getting 2-3 surveys per day.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:30 pm

Do you have an e-Rewards account with AA? I had it through a couple of airlines and the surveys just stopped coming in months ago, probably because of the speed with which I completed them. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that you can sign up for e-Rewards without an invitation through the AA site. It's a public offer there. You get 250 AA miles just for signing up, and after I did I've been getting 2-3 surveys per day.

Thanks. Indeed I did have an account with AA. I will try signing up yet again.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Any tips on getting more surveys? I've updated my profile several times but things seem to have completely dried up.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Any tips on getting more surveys? I've updated my profile several times but things seem to have completely dried up.
Did you abuse it in any way?

They tend to just shut you off without warning if they suspect anything/something wrong
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Don't quote me on it but I get the feeling that if you select yourself as female, african american or hispanic, you have a better chance of getting into a survey than if you are male, white or asian, whom I feel are overrepresented in these studies. That being said, I'm a 25 year old Asian male and I'm content with the 1 or 2 survey opportunities I get daily. Dunno if it pays more to be younger or older.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I think younger helps. At least, it seemed like I got less offers once I hit a "milestone" birthday.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:29 pm

For the first few months I was "abusing" eRewards by blindly clicking answers (though I did at least make sure to keep an eye out for the quality control questions). After 2-3 months of this (when I was getting 1-3 surveys/day), my account all of a sudden stopped for about 2-3 weeks. I came here to find out why and some people mentioned that this sort of abuse may cause them to stop sending surveys. I eventually got another survey, and actually took the time to answer the questions truthfully. Since then I've slowly been getting more and more to the point where now I get 2-3/week.

But now I have a eMiles account where I'm 20 pts shy of a redemption and haven't gotten any new offers in 2-3 weeks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
For the first few months I was "abusing" eRewards by blindly clicking answers (though I did at least make sure to keep an eye out for the quality control questions). After 2-3 months of this (when I was getting 1-3 surveys/day), my account all of a sudden stopped for about 2-3 weeks. I came here to find out why and some people mentioned that this sort of abuse may cause them to stop sending surveys. I eventually got another survey, and actually took the time to answer the questions truthfully. Since then I've slowly been getting more and more to the point where now I get 2-3/week.

But now I have a eMiles account where I'm 20 pts shy of a redemption and haven't gotten any new offers in 2-3 weeks!
Honesty and consistency are the key for these survey sites. I've always answered this way and get surveys consistently, both through erewards and emiles.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:00 am

How long does it take to receive (or get an acknowledgment) the 350 first time bonus miles??
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:17 am

Security verification question

Just filled out a long survey and half way through it there was a question (right when you were expecting to be on autopilot, clicking and dragging) that said "For security purposes drag every choice into Box #3". They're getting sneaky, just to make sure you're awake while answering the questions. Just a heads up.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:27 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by freetravelguys
Just filled out a long survey and half way through it there was a question (right when you were expecting to be on autopilot, clicking and dragging) that said "For security purposes drag every choice into Box #3". They're getting sneaky, just to make sure you're awake while answering the questions. Just a heads up.
I've rec'd a lot of surveys with the "for security purposes, check box 3" (and things similar)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.