Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I've been converting $60 ER to 500 Hertz points every quarter. Before that, I funded my HH account.
I have really found this to be a useful option. I've pretty much abandoned HHonors since they went to $125 for 7K.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yup, at a minimum, we end up with a free week once a year (my husband redeems for Hertz too).
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by thelostshark
The Starbucks gift cards are still there for me as well.

I redeemed for Starbucks twice, about 5 & 11 months ago. It sounds like the redemption has really improved, because when I redeemed, it said it would take up to 30 days got get the GC's. However, 30 days came & went without getting the GC (both times), so I had to contact e-rewards. To their credit, they responded promptly to my inquiries, and I got the GC's about a week thereafter (ie, I got a physical card in the mail). I'd much rather have an e-code redeemable on-line, so am glad to see this is now available. bb
Well, I just redeemed for a Starbucks GC, and am happy to say that the card came electronically, in less than 60 seconds (in less time than however long it took for me to log on to my email account). This is a big improvement. No more waiting, and no more chasing. bb
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:27 am

Is there any Combination of E-Rewards and Starwood available with Sign-Up Bonus? I did not see any, but maybe you guys know something I am not aware of...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
No SPG partners...

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Is there any Combination of E-Rewards and Starwood available with Sign-Up Bonus?
For the life of me, I don't think SPG ever partners with e-Rewards. I doubt you would ever see any sign-up bonus from SPG.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Has anyone downloaded the e-rewards mobile app? Is it worth it? I'm not sure why, but for some reason I'm reluctant to put this on my phone, even though I have a bunch of apps on it. tls
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have it... it's a piece of cr@p. I have location services shut off as there were complaints that it used up batteries.

My biggest issue that seems to happen to a lot of people is that it gets "stuck" on a survey and crashes. The only thing that fixes it is to delete and redownload from itunes. However, when it works the surveys are pretty easy and I've earned a few dollars taking them. They are different than the regular surveys you get via email.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:15 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I have it... it's a piece of cr@p. I have location services shut off as there were complaints that it used up batteries.

My biggest issue that seems to happen to a lot of people is that it gets "stuck" on a survey and crashes. The only thing that fixes it is to delete and redownload from itunes. However, when it works the surveys are pretty easy and I've earned a few dollars taking them. They are different than the regular surveys you get via email.
Agreed on all points ^
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
For some reason I get only $0.25 surveys through the app. I do get some more, but they always have a bug and don't work...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:31 am

Thanks for all the response. Guess I'm still on the fence ... tls
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
I joined e-rewards 2 weeks ago and since then I've cashed out already for 500 AA miles and have enough for another cashout, but they only allow one cashout per 30 day period? Is this per reward or per company per month? I'm close to being able to cash out for 1000 AA miles ($36.00 currently)
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by JamieDee78
I joined e-rewards 2 weeks ago and since then I've cashed out already for 500 AA miles and have enough for another cashout, but they only allow one cashout per 30 day period? Is this per reward or per company per month? I'm close to being able to cash out for 1000 AA miles ($36.00 currently)
Most rewards have a "time frame" between redemption (and if you read the redemption screen it's stated there).

I believe all airline redemptions are once per 30 days. Other rewards are once per quarter .... or, sometimes, once per 90 days .... note the difference between those two!

If airline rewards are your first choice (and you don't have an immediate need for a lower reward), you should wait until you have $100 for 2K miles!
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:29 am

Just redeem every thirty days, at the maximum redemption you can afford at the time

It's only ever an issue if earn more than 2k miles per month
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:34 pm

I would get emails telling me surveys were available on the app. Immediately went and nothing ever there. I got rid of it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jabbered
I would get emails telling me surveys were available on the app. Immediately went and nothing ever there. I got rid of it.
+1

Either that, or it would show a survey, but I'd get an error when I clicked on it.

They email occasionally to say there's a "new and improved" version of the app, but I haven't bothered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.